ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to UK with only 2 months remaining on PSW visa

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier1gnrl

Travelling to UK with only 2 months remaining on PSW visa

Post by tier1gnrl » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:12 pm

Hello and Greetings!

I have a PSW visa which expires in June 2011.
I came to home country in October'2010 and was returning in about 2 months.

But I got some opportunity in my home country which I thought wouldn't be good if I refuse and I went ahead with the work.

But in December there was a news that Tier 1 for outside country applicants is closed.

I want to apply for my Tier 1 General Visa.

I was wondering would there be a problem if I want to go back to UK now on my valid PSW visa? (I intend to apply for Tier 1 General Initial application)

So if I want to travel to UK on my PSW will there be a problem at the immigration check that I was away for a long tenure, of about 5 and half months?

I am not very sure if they can stop me to enter the UK at the immigration check? (I am sure there would be questions of me returning back to UK, should I be honest there to say I want to apply for my Tier 1 and want to work in UK)

Will I be able to apply for my Tier 1 just on the basis of the earning made from my home country (Outside UK)?

I am sure this is fine but then I really want confirmations and more advice or suggestions!

Every little piece of reply would be really helpful. Friends please give your views on the above concerns.

Thanks in Advance to All.

zbhope
Newly Registered

Post by zbhope » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:27 pm

There should not be any problem. Questions on arriving is a common practice and you can say that you come here to work. Your PSW allows you to work in the UK so there is nothing wrong with that.

You can also claim your earnings from outside UK.

tier1gnrl

Thanks for your reply

Post by tier1gnrl » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:31 pm

Thanks for a quick reply Zhope!

But its just a 2 months visa left.
And I am not working in UK at the moment 6 months ago I was. Would they actually deny my entry on saying that I just have 2 months left on the visa!

If asked should I mention about my interest of applying for Tier 1 General as well?

Thanks so much for the reply.

zbhope
Newly Registered

Post by zbhope » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:38 pm

2 months remaining leave is fine as long as your passport is valid. And mentioning Tier 1 G is upto you.

surajban

Post by surajban » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:38 pm

Try to avoid the airports which ask too many irrelevant qns.

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by jimmymcad » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:21 pm

I really do not see if there is any problem.

You can answer them honestly that you are back here to get your visa extended. That could be either Tier1 or PSW.

tier1gnrl

Thanks

Post by tier1gnrl » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:56 pm

Thanks for the above replies.

Hopefully everything goes fine and I hope there is no trouble.

Thanks..

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:32 pm

I don't see a problem but its good to be careful.

tier1gnrl

Thanks

Post by tier1gnrl » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:28 am

I just want to make sure that if there are any sort of questions then I would answer them honestly but just want to avoid the situation where they might or can put a hurdle for my entry in the UK.

tier1gnrl

Hello

Post by tier1gnrl » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:54 am

I am just thinking what if they ask me that you just have 2 months valid visa and what are you going for?

If I say I am going to look for a job?
Which is true as well.

But at the same time I am prepared with all the documentation for my application of my Tier 1 Visa.

I am travelling on the 22nd.

I am a little conscious. May be they just dont ask much and let me go but it can even be that they ask me many a questions.

Worried.. Any more Guidance on this one?

Thank You all and Good Luck to Everyone :)

tier1gnrl

Any more suggestions??

Post by tier1gnrl » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:42 am

Any more suggestions or a small piece of advice?? Please?

LearningCurve

Post by LearningCurve » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:07 am

@ tier1gnrl,

I understand your anxiety. Do not worry. They cannot stop your entry and it's perfectly legal to come in with 2 months left on your visa and look out for a job, while applying for your extension (which is Tier1 general in this case).

If they ask if you have a job, tell them about the ground work you have been doing to obtain a job, such as you are talking to consultants and have some interviews lined up etc.

If you do have interviews lined up, keep a copy of the email handy (although this is not necessary)

If they ask, you only have 2 months left?, tell them I am going to apply for an extension.

What you should be more worried about is having your paper work up to date to submit for your Tier 1 app.

Btw, in country applications close by5th April, you better get inside before that and submit your app to have sufficient time.

I haven't said anything new, but just reiterating what others have already replied in this thread.
All the best,
LC

tier1gnrl

Post by tier1gnrl » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:39 am

LearningCurve wrote:@ tier1gnrl,

I understand your anxiety. Do not worry. They cannot stop your entry and it's perfectly legal to come in with 2 months left on your visa and look out for a job, while applying for your extension (which is Tier1 general in this case).

If they ask if you have a job, tell them about the ground work you have been doing to obtain a job, such as you are talking to consultants and have some interviews lined up etc.

If you do have interviews lined up, keep a copy of the email handy (although this is not necessary)

If they ask, you only have 2 months left?, tell them I am going to apply for an extension.

What you should be more worried about is having your paper work up to date to submit for your Tier 1 app.

Btw, in country applications close by5th April, you better get inside before that and submit your app to have sufficient time.

I haven't said anything new, but just reiterating what others have already replied in this thread.
All the best,
LC
@ Learning Curve: You have been marvelous in explaining and getting this right in my head :) Thank you so very much..

I am just so relaxed and less anxious now after this reply of yours.

I am sure that there would not be any problem if I travel on my PSW which is expiring on 1st June 2011 after about 6 months gap. As I returned to my home country in September 2010 end to do some IT Project which was for 2 months and I extended my stay as I got a couple of more projects on which the last one got completed on the 19th March. I got my documents sorted now and all in place. returning on the 28th. I hope things work right.

I might post all the documents that I am providing to the embassy for supporting my application.

Kindly do have a look at the post and if you can guide me for the same if any further assistance needed will be really appreciated.

But I must say thank you for just confirming me the same that I knew but sometimes you are in a benefit of doubt "What if" thanks for making me all the more strong.
Yes I am reaching ASAP and will post my application :)

tier1gnrl

Hey

Post by tier1gnrl » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:19 am

Hey.. there was no problem in the entry to UK at the immigration.

Just wanted to inform that they did not ask me any questions at all. Good Luck to Everyone for their applications :)

Thanks to each and every member of this site to guide every one to the best of your knowledge.

Will post the application in a day or 2 max..

:)