ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW for HND

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lukeadamson
Newly Registered

PSW for HND

Post by lukeadamson » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:50 am

I am student studying at city of london college uk.

I am finishing my HND in Finance programme in August 2010.
My question is CAN I APPLY FOR PSW AFTER THAT AS PSW IS GOING TO CLOSE ON APRIL 2012.

Thanks
Luke

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:39 am

You can't apply for psw with an HND

ginger_beer

Post by ginger_beer » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:21 pm

as far as i can remember, you can apply for PSW with HND ..

but only in scotland

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:53 pm

yes and he said he is studying in London. So he can't.

tusher31
Newly Registered

Post by tusher31 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:34 pm

guys what if you are studying off campus like through a approved learning partner in london where your awarding body is a scottish university???

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:21 pm

tusher31 wrote:guys what if you are studying off campus like through a approved learning partner in london where your awarding body is a scottish university???
Higher National Diploma (HND) from a Scottish Institution
The qualification must be an HND it must be at level 8 on the Scottish Credit Qualifications Framework. The institution at which the applicant studied for his/her HND must be a Scottish institution. We will use the address of the institution to confirm this point.

In relation to an HND from a Scottish • institution, is a Scottish publicly funded institution of further or higher education, or at a Scottish bona fide private education institution which maintains satisfactory records of enrolment and attendance
N/A

tusher31
Newly Registered

Post by tusher31 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:26 am

yeah thats all correct. i will be graduating this july and i have attained 240 credits so far and eligible for a Scottish HND that is in level 8 in scqf and my university name is heriot-watt, they have already sent me the certificate along with a letter stating all required information (because i have explained to them that i am going to apply for psw). but all i wanted to know am i still eligible to claim points for institution?? because i am studying through heriot-watt university's approved learning partner at west london college.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:03 am

tusher31 wrote:yeah thats all correct. i will be graduating this july and i have attained 240 credits so far and eligible for a Scottish HND that is in level 8 in scqf and my university name is heriot-watt, they have already sent me the certificate along with a letter stating all required information (because i have explained to them that i am going to apply for psw). but all i wanted to know am i still eligible to claim points for institution?? because i am studying through heriot-watt university's approved learning partner at west london college.
I would argue you have to be physically in Scotland to gain points, as merely the intentions were to boost the population of Scotland not just providing incentive to Scottish Universities / College. Anyways there might be a way out ….
N/A

tusher31
Newly Registered

Post by tusher31 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:36 am

Tier 4 wrote:
tusher31 wrote:yeah thats all correct. i will be graduating this july and i have attained 240 credits so far and eligible for a Scottish HND that is in level 8 in scqf and my university name is heriot-watt, they have already sent me the certificate along with a letter stating all required information (because i have explained to them that i am going to apply for psw). but all i wanted to know am i still eligible to claim points for institution?? because i am studying through heriot-watt university's approved learning partner at west london college.
I would argue you have to be physically in Scotland to gain points, as merely the intentions were to boost the population of Scotland not just providing incentive to Scottish Universities / College. Anyways there might be a way out ….
hmm thats what i was thinking as well, but so far i was being positive anyway shall i speak to any solicitor?? do you think they can precisely declare my eligibility??

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:40 pm

tusher31 wrote:
Tier 4 wrote:
hmm thats what i was thinking as well, but so far i was being positive anyway shall i speak to any solicitor?? do you think they can precisely declare my eligibility??
There is no harm in that, just make sure no one exploit your situation.
N/A

Noman83

Post by Noman83 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:56 pm

My friend studied in west london college and same affiliation as of Harriot Watt Uni and he applied in jan 2012 and got it i dont think there shud be any problem .again i dnt knw the rules i am just stating a real example

tusher31
Newly Registered

Post by tusher31 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:27 pm

Noman83 wrote:
My friend studied in west london college and same affiliation as of Harriot Watt Uni and he applied in jan 2012 and got it i dont think there shud be any problem .again i dnt knw the rules i am just stating a real example
you mean he applied with the HND!! thas great!! would you please send me your friends contact details if he does not mind, please do me this favor :| my emai add is tusher31@yahoo.com