ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proposal for a "Human Chain" in London

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Skilledmigrant
Newly Registered

Proposal for a "Human Chain" in London

Post by Skilledmigrant » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:06 pm

Dear Colleague,

I attended the demonstration on 16th. Although it was well attended it has not brought our feeling of betrayal to the attention of the main stream media and the British Public i.e. the unjust action of changing the qualifying period mid way. All my (British) colleagues consider this unjust, unethical and immoral and are appalled that their Government can implement rules retrospectively. :cry:

The Home office wrote to me in April this year in response to my letter "I can confirm that previous correspondence issued to you by Work Permit (UK) advising that you would be eligible to apply for ILR after four years, was correct, in line with the Immigration Rules at that time. However, the recent change in the Immigration Rules supersedes this information". :?:

The letter added "Work Permits (UK) acknowledge your personal circumstances, but these cannot be taken into consideration when processing application for further leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain in the UK".

As highly skilled migrants we are busy in doing our jobs. However, I think we should try for one more public demonstration in the form of organising a HUMAN CHAIN in London.

I suggest we organise a human chain from the Royal Courts of Justice to an important government building in London depending on how many people could join us. "Human chain to oppose retrospective immigration rule changes" with slogans like "Join and support our just cause", "Let justice, equality and fairness prevail". The other points are

To organise it on a week end, invite our British friends and colleagues, invite our MPs and councillors, all organisation working with immigrants (JCWI and similar), CRE, religious groups, main stream and ethnic media, leaders of all political parties and most importantly current and former immigrants.

I know it is a tall order but I thought I will share this idea with people who will give a sympathetic ear. :lol:
I am afraid by the time the government decided to listen to us we would have completed our fifth year suffering the consequences of the rule change. :(

Any way let us keep fighting for a cause which we all believe is just and fair.
Skilled migrant