ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minors as part of the family unit with parents on IBC05

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lumi
Newly Registered

Minors as part of the family unit with parents on IBC05

Post by lumi » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:13 pm

Hi all,

I have tried searching the forum but didnt seem to find the relevant information.

Minors who enter the state, at the age of 16 are entitled to stamp 4 as their parents who are on IBC 05 is the general gist of a general letter attached to IBC 05 renewals.

My family didn't get this letter, negligence on someone's behalf I believe as both children entered the state with the parents and have been a part of the family unit since.

I was looking to find any official information on the issue, but don't seem to be very successful. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Basically I require this letter so that both, my sister and I, can get stamp 4's. The correspondence with the GNIB and IBC05 sections is on-going, but as you know, it takes a while.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them.

Thanks a lot,

Lumi.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:30 pm

Basically as I understand it the obligation is on the minor and/ or their parents, to register with the GNIB when they turn 16. If you are between 16 and 18 you will have a better chance at getting regularised quickly, rather than if you have left it go years. You should still be granted permission to remain, but it may take a bit of to-ing and fro-ing with the Dept.

lumi
Newly Registered

Post by lumi » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:01 pm

ImmigrationLawyer wrote:Basically as I understand it the obligation is on the minor and/ or their parents, to register with the GNIB when they turn 16. If you are between 16 and 18 you will have a better chance at getting regularised quickly, rather than if you have left it go years. You should still be granted permission to remain, but it may take a bit of to-ing and fro-ing with the Dept.
Thanks a lot!
what happened is that the letter was not attached to our case in 2005, our previous lawyer didn't say we should do anything. My sister and I didn't have our own passports at the time and it was very problematic to get them. The lawyer said it should be ok, since our photos are in our mother's passport (stupid, I know).
But now we need our stamp 4's. I am doing a PhD and need to be able to travel to conferences.

I thought that perhaps there is a note attached to the IBC'05 information stating that minors can stay, which would save us trying to get the said generic letter. However, I believe our current lawyer is now in process of clarifying the situation. Unfortunately once again it will take up a lot of time and money.

Thanks for you kind advice, much appreciated!