ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MojoJojo

Re: Asa!

Post by MojoJojo » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:22 pm

Ali-jaan wrote:
MojoJojo wrote:Hi All!

So I finally applied on the 14th of March and now the waiting starts!
I was surprised that they have increased the visa fee to Rs106,500 from 4th March! and from 6th April its going to be Rs115020!...so hurry up all those who are yet to apply!
Gud news ~ Mojo

I wish you all the best with your Visa and pray that you will be granted it very soon Inshallah ~

Regards,
@li

JazakAllah!:)

IndyRhodes
Newly Registered

Re: Document checking

Post by IndyRhodes » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:11 pm

MojoJojo wrote:
IndyRhodes wrote:
Shoaib82 wrote: Thanks for your reply, you are right about gerrys being helpful as they did check every document from wife.
May I just ask? You say that your wife's documents were checked. In what way exactly were they checked? Were they simply looking to see that each document was submitted, or were they looking closely at each document?

I only enquire because my wife's visa was refused on the justification that one of her documents was "not issued by the authorities in Pakistan". Of course, the Union Council chairman has confirmed that it was a perfectly good document (but hey, what does he know? UKBA know best...). I'd be interested to know your experience of document checking.
Asa!
I submitted mine on monday from karachi and the guy just skimmed through the folder...didnt actually take all the things out and look at them closely.I asked him if everything was allright and he said yes.The only thing which they checked was the copy of my husband's British passport...they checked the name and the attestation by his solicitor.

If your wife's visa was refused due to a missing NADRA Nikah Nama maybe you should get it made because someone I know had their visa refused on that basis alone....and the guy at NADRA told me that this is necessary now.Just a suggestion:)

All the best!
@MojoJojo: Oh yes, I've heard about the NADRA Nikkah Nama - we submitted just the normal Nikkah nama, with an attested translation, and that was accepted ok. It was my wife's Talaq nama that they said was fake! Really...they seriously think that we would be allowed to marry and live together as husband and wife..in Pakistan..if she was not really divorced? The thought processes of these guys just amazes me....oh well..... Thank for your reply anyway though!! Rant over!

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:49 pm

[quote="Shadow86"][quote="XnailaX"]nah man..i wish..i jus wanted to look at when every body was..im nosey lol...

anaya..thankyou for ur reply sis...;)[/quote]

Lol that's alright, I wouldn't say nosey but you're just having a look at the average time it can take for applications to be processed. At least that is how most of the people here look at the spreadsheet at the start :P

As for "sis", lol from what angle does Shadow imply that i'm a female?

Doesn't Shadow sound "masculine", more of a male type of username? I'm a bro not a sis :lol:.

Enigmatic, if the applications are decided in Islamabad as you put it then why the slow pace in the applications? The understanding from the Post Oct 25 2010 was that the applications will be dealt with in Islamabad to "speed up" the process and reduce backlog but it seems we are now facing slow processing time once again.

I doubt applications would be "decided" in Islamabad. Croydon is the deciding place and will be for quite a long time as long as the new UK government is in place - am sure they are keen on reducing immigration so allowing Islamabad to decide would just keep the government from their main aim.[/quote]

shadow u look closely to my post..and u tell me wher i called u a SIS??...

i kno anaya is a sis..lol..not u...

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:03 pm

XnailaX wrote:shadow u look closely to my post..and u tell me wher i called u a SIS??...

I misread anaya as "anyways" :oops: sorry.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

s.razvi
Newly Registered

Post by s.razvi » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:30 pm

hi mojojojo
care to explain what nikah by nadra means
i applied through karachia nd they checked my translation of nikah nama and the original one that you get from the masjid and it is signed by the registrar , i had those attested too gerry peopel said it was fine
ihowis nikah nama from nadra different?
MojoJojo wrote:
Asa!
I submitted mine on monday from karachi and the guy just skimmed through the folder...didnt actually take all the things out and look at them closely.I asked him if everything was allright and he said yes.The only thing which they checked was the copy of my husband's British passport...they checked the name and the attestation by his solicitor.

If your wife's visa was refused due to a missing NADRA Nikah Nama maybe you should get it made because someone I know had their visa refused on that basis alone....and the guy at NADRA told me that this is necessary now.Just a suggestion:)

All the best!

MojoJojo

Post by MojoJojo » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:55 pm

s.razvi wrote:hi mojojojo
care to explain what nikah by nadra means
i applied through karachia nd they checked my translation of nikah nama and the original one that you get from the masjid and it is signed by the registrar , i had those attested too gerry peopel said it was fine
ihowis nikah nama from nadra different?
MojoJojo wrote:
Asa!

All the best!

Hi!
I think those are supposed to be enough but when I went to NADRA to get my ID Card changed he asked me where's my NADRA Nikah Nama...so I said I dont have one and he was like then get one made.Then he told me that from now on all marriages have to be registered with NADRA.Therefore I got it made...theres no Union Council in D.H.A so I got it made via CBC....for other areas one has to use their Union Council.They gave me a form and I had to submit it alongwith my Nikah Nama copy, ID Card copy and my hubbys NICOP card and submit it.I got my NADRA Nikah Nama in about 10 working days.

I dont think you should be worried much if they checked your documents properly....but Im very very particular by nature....I want everything to be just perfect so thats why I got it made.....I felt paranoid the moment I heard about it(but thats my problem:D)
On a serious note Ive read a lot of posts here and I dont think its a rule per se since many people who have submitted and gotten their visas accepted dont even know about it....so its all good and you will get your visa in no time .inshAllah:)

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:03 pm

safe shadow..no worries lol...:)

skah786

islamabad oc

Post by skah786 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:45 pm

Hi,
I have been following this forum for few months, applied yesterday checked status of application on online tracking site and it said images scanned and then it changed as application forwarded to Islamabad OC.

I haven't come across this much whilst reading the forums, husband has applied at Karachi VAC. Someone he knows said that when it says OC you get visa in 2 days however someone else has said that when it says OC they do rigorous security checks and it takes much longer than it should.

Anyone have any idea, please help!
sk

maymar
- thin ice -

Re: islamabad oc

Post by maymar » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:44 pm

skah786 wrote:Hi,
I have been following this forum for few months, applied yesterday checked status of application on online tracking site and it said images scanned and then it changed as application forwarded to Islamabad OC.

I haven't come across this much whilst reading the forums, husband has applied at Karachi VAC. Someone he knows said that when it says OC you get visa in 2 days however someone else has said that when it says OC they do rigorous security checks and it takes much longer than it should.

Anyone have any idea, please help!
sk
Its Mean Your.
Application Forwarded to Islamabad Overseas Consultant......dont worry its normal All Visa Application Get Same answer...

Asil_88

British council ielts test results

Post by Asil_88 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:37 pm

Hello
Everyone, i like to gain more info regarding the IELTS results requirement, for spouse visa.
My wife took her test in pakistan,Islamabad, and got overall band 4. My question is that is it acceptable? for the visa application
thanks

Asil

Shoaib82
Newly Registered

Re: British council ielts test results

Post by Shoaib82 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:13 pm

Asil_88 wrote:Hello
Everyone, i like to gain more info regarding the IELTS results requirement, for spouse visa.
My wife took her test in pakistan,Islamabad, and got overall band 4. My question is that is it acceptable? for the visa application
thanks

Asil
Hi,
The minimum ielts band required is 4, so it seems your wife has achieved the minimum required band and will be ok.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:19 pm

Some guy was telling my bro last night that there was a court case in regards to the 21 minimum age limit.

Someone took UKBA? to court to argue that they should reduce the age limit back to 18 because that is the legal age of an adult. When an individual turns 18 they legally become an adult.
The court ruled that he has a point and so the guy won the case.

Now either it was an individuals own case or he took them to court for every future applicant? So anyone know about this? I couldn't find anything on UKBA about this.

Are there any plans to reduce the age limit from 21 to 18 for a spouse wishing to settle in the UK?

Enigmatic
Newly Registered

Post by Enigmatic » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:25 pm

XnailaX wrote:
Shadow86 wrote:
XnailaX wrote:nah man..i wish..i jus wanted to look at when every body was..im nosey lol...

anaya..thankyou for ur reply sis...;)
Lol that's alright, I wouldn't say nosey but you're just having a look at the average time it can take for applications to be processed. At least that is how most of the people here look at the spreadsheet at the start :P

As for "sis", lol from what angle does Shadow imply that i'm a female?

Doesn't Shadow sound "masculine", more of a male type of username? I'm a bro not a sis :lol:.

Enigmatic, if the applications are decided in Islamabad as you put it then why the slow pace in the applications? The understanding from the Post Oct 25 2010 was that the applications will be dealt with in Islamabad to "speed up" the process and reduce backlog but it seems we are now facing slow processing time once again.

I doubt applications would be "decided" in Islamabad. Croydon is the deciding place and will be for quite a long time as long as the new UK government is in place - am sure they are keen on reducing immigration so allowing Islamabad to decide would just keep the government from their main aim.
shadow u look closely to my post..and u tell me wher i called u a SIS??...

Hey...yar dunno much about the slow pace. My application was processed in 9 weeks almost Alhmadullilah. :) Despite the fact that I applied right after Christmas before New year's. And yes the visa processing is done at BHC Islamabad now. As on my visa the place of issue IS Islamabad. :)

This is the reason they are not asking for photocopies anymore. Earlier the original documents used to stay at the BHC but the photocopies were sent to the UK. Hope that helps.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:05 am

Enigmatic wrote:yes the visa processing is done at BHC Islamabad now. As on my visa the place of issue IS Islamabad. :)

This is the reason they are not asking for photocopies anymore. Earlier the original documents used to stay at the BHC but the photocopies were sent to the UK. Hope that helps.
No idea about the reason behind not asking about photocopies, you could be right but but but, place of issue is correct but place of decision is Croydon, UK.

After Oct 25 2010 UKBA decided to let Islamabad do most of the work just to reduce the backlog that there was. Now I think the backlog of applications is cleared off and so now we're back in the slow motion process. In the midst of this crap yes there are appellants whose appeal is being dealt with at caterpillar speed and I think myself, Safia and Dilseabbassi are 3 individuals whose appeal is suffering from this slow speed of processing.

Am glad yours was processed quicker :).

If the processing format was now changed then there would have been some indication of it in the UKBA news or UKVac website news section.

IndyRhodes
Newly Registered

Post by IndyRhodes » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:54 am

Shadow86 wrote:In the midst of this crap yes there are appellants whose appeal is being dealt with at caterpillar speed and I think myself, Safia and Dilseabbassi are 3 individuals whose appeal is suffering from this slow speed of processing.

Am glad yours was processed quicker :)...
My appeal too! Appeal process time is cruel and unnecessary.

safia

Post by safia » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:08 am

IndyRhodes wrote:
Shadow86 wrote:In the midst of this crap yes there are appellants whose appeal is being dealt with at caterpillar speed and I think myself, Safia and Dilseabbassi are 3 individuals whose appeal is suffering from this slow speed of processing.

Am glad yours was processed quicker :)...
My appeal too! Appeal process time is cruel and unnecessary.
i totally agree with you shadow....they seriously need to speed things up....its totally unfair!!!!
'SOF'

VisaAhmad10
Newly Registered

Post by VisaAhmad10 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:40 pm

So if no photocopies are required and the decision is made in croydon, are the original documents sent to croydon or do the people at bhc now do the appropriate photocopies and then send them? I guess they verify the documents from islamabad now?

(And considering the visa fees are so much they should at least photocopy any documents themselves anyway.)

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:05 pm

Last edited by shahzad80 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is not legal advice..I am not immigration consultant or solicitor so please seek legal advice for yours immigration matters

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:42 pm

Ok guys, looks like 4 of us now.

Can Sammad, Safia and IndyRhodes please share the following information:

Appeal lodged:
Notice to Sponsor/Confirmation received:
Date by which ECO has to respond to AIT:

If you sent your appeal to AIT or Croydon and have the date on which they RECEIVED the appeal then adding that too would help.

If you can please provide the above details and i'll somehow add it to the spreadsheet (maybe create a temporary appeal tab) so that we can have an idea on where we're at. Anybody else who is suffering from a slow appeal process please do share your details also.

Thanks

khan786

Post by khan786 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:09 pm

You forgot about me guys,

Okay my details are has follows

Appeal lodged: AIT on 17/01/11
Notice to Sponsor/Confirmation received: 7/2/11
Date by which ECO has to respond to AIT: 20/06/11

All i can say very long long time of unnecessary waiting but what can we do, just keep praying to Allah.
Submitted on 5/10/10
Decision Refused 24/12/10
Appeal 17/01/11
Notice of Pending 7/02/11
Appeal Upheld...
Court Hearing 17/8/11

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:06 am

appeal timeline............you can add me if you want to your spreadsheet, but i guess this is more for your info:

appeal to AIT Aug 2010
pending appeal notice receive Oct 2010 with date given to ECO as 28/2/11
28/2/11 - no response from ECO at all.....
14/03/2011 - court date given for 16/05/2011

if you lot are as unlucky as i was for case to go to court then this is the times you are looking at.

I have to say there was only one refusal on my case which was a mistake made by the ECO cos all the information was provided. Further info was provided in appeal but still not overturned. They just like messing with peoples lives........

safia

appeal

Post by safia » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:02 pm

this is my timeline shadow.........

application submitted: 27/09/10
ready for collection: 8/12/10
result: refused
appeal sent to loughborough: 24th december 2010
appeal confirmation letter received:19 Jan 2011
date tribunal given: 03/06/2011
'SOF'

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:17 pm

AOA786

Hello guys what is goin on.

Jazak Allah khair

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:37 pm

Hi everyone,

This appeal process is too complex to be honest. They do not even stick to their words and what kind of service they are providing in return of that money bundle we provide them.

My timelines are following:

Applied for Visa: 30/11/2010
Decision made by ECO: 30/12/2010
Ready for collection: 11/01/2010
Result: Refused
Notice of appeal received by Abu Dhabi office: 24/01/2010

I would like to ask that I saw many people are given a specified date to hear from ECO. I sent an email to Abu Dhabi embassy on 12/03/2011 and they told me that my review is under process and they will inform me once they reach on any decision. I am worrying about the fact that they did not even give me a date. What I should be doing?

Your advice will be appreciated. Good luck to everyone and InshALLAH we hear a good news soon!

Kind regards!

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:00 am

Last edited by shahzad80 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is not legal advice..I am not immigration consultant or solicitor so please seek legal advice for yours immigration matters