ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 Extension - query on Biometric Residence Permit

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

veerug
Newly Registered

Tier-1 Extension - query on Biometric Residence Permit

Post by veerug » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:00 pm

Hi,
I Have enterted in to UK on Tier-1 (General) visa in 2008, Now i am going for an extension in the month of May 2011. Going through the "Tier-1 (General) Extension application for Leave to remain", under the column

C9. Has the applicant been issued with a Biometric Residence Permit with a previous application for leave?

C10.Please give details of the applicant’s Biometric Residence Permit

Is these column are applicable for me??? Any one could you please explain me when I will be called for BPR??

Thanks,

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Re: Tier-1 Extension - query on Biometric Residence Permit

Post by cheshiregoan » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:27 pm

veerug wrote:Hi,
I Have enterted in to UK on Tier-1 (General) visa in 2008, Now i am going for an extension in the month of May 2011. Going through the "Tier-1 (General) Extension application for Leave to remain", under the column

C9. Has the applicant been issued with a Biometric Residence Permit with a previous application for leave?

C10.Please give details of the applicant’s Biometric Residence Permit

Is these column are applicable for me??? Any one could you please explain me when I will be called for BPR??

Thanks,
Is your visa stamped on your passport or do you have a separate card for which you had to provide your biometric data (fingerprints)?

If your visa is stamped in your passport then the answer to C9 is No and therefore C10 is not applicable.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

veerug
Newly Registered

Post by veerug » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:44 pm

Many Thanks for your reply. Yes, i got a sticker on my passport. So I think BRP is not applicable for me ??? If applicable could you please let me know how and when to enrol for Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). I am confused with the information provided on UKBAHOMEOFFICE website. please let me know.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:35 pm

veerug wrote:Many Thanks for your reply. Yes, i got a sticker on my passport. So I think BRP is not applicable for me ??? If applicable could you please let me know how and when to enrol for Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). I am confused with the information provided on UKBAHOMEOFFICE website. please let me know.
Since your visa is on your passport, the BRP section is not applicable for this application form.

Once you submit your form, the Home Office will send you a letter asking you to submit your biometrics at a relevant centre. There are 7 centres where you can go with appointment or a number of big Post Offices where you can do this. Just remember this is only after you get the notification from them.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... biometric/
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

veerug
Newly Registered

Post by veerug » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:15 am

Many thanks cheshiregoan.