ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No response even after 3 months

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

neil.b
Newly Registered

No response even after 3 months

Post by neil.b » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:26 am

Hi,

I have applied for Tier 1 General on 15th Dec 2010 (in country). I have done the Biometric on 21st Jan 2011. But, I have not received the decision or any other communication from UKBA since then.

I can see that other people in this forum are getting their documents back within a month or so. I am just confused why is it taking such a long time in my case. I called UKBA, but they refused to give any update before 14 weeks (from Biometric enrollment) which is end of April.

I am worried what if they sent some mail and it never reached me. Should I just wait till end of April, or is there any other way I can get update?

Thanks,
Neil

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:38 am

Chances are they are verifying something about your case and verifcation sometimes take time..

prisi
Newly Registered

Re: No response even after 3 months

Post by prisi » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:43 pm

I applied as PEO on 19th jan, but no response till now. Can you tell me were switching from one category to another? if yes, what category was it? Mine was switching from Tier-2 to Tier - 1.

I guess, they are investigating your case, thats y more time? If its self employed case, then it generally takes more time, as UKBA does lot of verification

dreamer86

Post by dreamer86 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:05 pm

@neil.b ..relax n enjoy summer's coming. gud news tht u hav done BM. as other frens hav mention they might be verifying your documents.

as long as they hav your documents not to worry. at the same time try to chk yr mail, they may write emails.
as u've reference no. phone them to find whts happening with yr application.
it might help u.
gudluck

nafe12

Post by nafe12 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:09 pm

Did you send a special delivery envelope for the reply?
If so, do you know the tracking number? you can use that to see if it was sent.

goodies901

Post by goodies901 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:43 am

Hi Neil.b...have you heard anything from the HO yet? I'm in the same situation. I posted my application on 31st December and did my Biometry on 28th January. There has been no comms since then.

Just anxious and don't know what is going on.

Thanks

goodies901

Received Biometric Card today

Post by goodies901 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:28 am

Received my Biometric RP today - yes Sunday. Hoping to receive pass and docs in the week.

It can really take a long time.

Thanks all.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:09 pm

Wait patiently, as UKBA is under no legal obligation to process your application in a defined / specified time frame. And because someone else's application takes less time to process doesn't mean that yours should too ... because every application is decided on its own merits.

Reading this post may also help.

Post application processing timelines in the relevant sticky topics.
Likewise, if looking for related information on intermediary milestones, browse the sticky topics.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!