ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:43 am

monte wrote:Thanks 9jeirean,
i want to ask if they normally request further documents before or after the gaurda checks? do you know?
9jeirean wrote:
monte wrote:Hi 9jeirean,

i think what she meant was that they are waiting outside agency because she said this process usually takes 6-9 months although she didn't say when did they request the information from the agency,
do they usually ask for further documents after they get the SW and Gaurda reports or before it or before it because i was never asked for any further documents!?
In that case, your file is still at the "further processing" stage. They are waiting on either your social welfare, Garda report or both. Once both report are received and everything is in order, your file will be sent to the minister's office for approval. For now, you can only hope that those reports come back on time.

9jeirean.
For most people request for additional doc comes just about when they want to send out request to external agency for reports. However,there have been reported cases of people who were never asked additional doc and they still got approval. So you never know

Irlnew
Newly Registered

Post by Irlnew » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:00 pm

I think normally they ask for additional documents after they receive the information from the agencies. Becuase, normally it takes around 6-8 months to get approval after submitting the additional docs.
9jeirean wrote:
i want to ask if they normally request further documents before or after the gaurda checks? do you know?
9jeirean wrote:
monte wrote:Hi 9jeirean,

i think what she meant was that they are waiting outside agency because she said this process usually takes 6-9 months although she didn't say when did they request the information from the agency,
do they usually ask for further documents after they get the SW and Gaurda reports or before it or before it because i was never asked for any further documents!?
In that case, your file is still at the "further processing" stage. They are waiting on either your social welfare, Garda report or both. Once both report are received and everything is in order, your file will be sent to the minister's office for approval. For now, you can only hope that those reports come back on time.

9jeirean.
For most people request for additional doc comes just about when they want to send out request to external agency for reports. However,there have been reported cases of people who were never asked additional doc and they still got approval. So you never know

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:21 pm

Irlnew wrote:I think normally they ask for additional documents after they receive the information from the agencies. Becuase, normally it takes around 6-8 months to get approval after submitting the additional docs.
9jeirean wrote:
9jeirean wrote:

9jeirean.

In my opinion the 6-8 months is the length of time that they are getting the out agencies report not the vise versa.
so I think the procedure is that they request further documents and then they request the outside reports and when they receive the outside report the file is complete and they build their decision to be sent to the minister or to be refused.
peace on you

monte

Post by monte » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:05 am

Irish Pharoe,
I hope you are right.

IRISH PHAROE wrote:
Irlnew wrote:I think normally they ask for additional documents after they receive the information from the agencies. Becuase, normally it takes around 6-8 months to get approval after submitting the additional docs.
9jeirean wrote:

In my opinion the 6-8 months is the length of time that they are getting the out agencies report not the vise versa.
so I think the procedure is that they request further documents and then they request the outside reports and when they receive the outside report the file is complete and they build their decision to be sent to the minister or to be refused.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:15 am

monte wrote:Irish Pharoe, I hope you are right.
In so far as the experiences that have shared on the forum is concerned, that would appear to be the case.

The other reason why they send out request for additional doc before sending out report requests is to verify if the applicants still live in the state and if they are still meeting the term of their residency e.g working, tax compliance etc. The external report process is currently overstretched as it is, so it is in everyone's interest not to send report verification for applicants who may be, are no longer in the state or have violated the terms of their residency in any way.

I hope this clarify things for you, and my best wishes for you with the rest of the process.

9jeirean

monte

Post by monte » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:29 am

Thanks 9jeirean,

what you said makes sense, good luck to you and everyone waiting, i'll post any new changes hopefully it might answer few questions,
have a good weekend.
9jeirean wrote:
monte wrote:Irish Pharoe, I hope you are right.
In so far as the experiences that have shared on the forum is concerned, that would appear to be the case.

The other reason why they send out request for additional doc before sending out report requests is to verify if the applicants still live in the state and if they are still meeting the term of their residency e.g working, tax compliance etc. The external report process is currently overstretched as it is, so it is in everyone's interest not to send report verification for applicants who may be, are no longer in the state or have violated the terms of their residency in any way.

I hope this clarify things for you, and my best wishes for you with the rest of the process.

9jeirean

lefty298
Newly Registered

Post by lefty298 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:35 am

To all the senior members...any suggestions? :(
lefty298 wrote:I called them again today after being told last thursday that my file was back from the Minister's Office. I was told today that the file is in fact still with the Minister and I was 'misinformed' on Thursday!!! Unbelievable!! How ridiculous can this system get where they ask for the reference number, check your name and still provide incorrect information.
Anyway, the lady was nice enough to tell me that my file was sent to the Minister on Feb 17th so should be back next few weeks.
Dont know what to think but I guess it will be a few weeks at least... :(

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:17 pm

lefty298 wrote:To all the senior members...any suggestions? :(
lefty298 wrote:I called them again today after being told last thursday that my file was back from the Minister's Office. I was told today that the file is in fact still with the Minister and I was 'misinformed' on Thursday!!! Unbelievable!! How ridiculous can this system get where they ask for the reference number, check your name and still provide incorrect information.
Anyway, the lady was nice enough to tell me that my file was sent to the Minister on Feb 17th so should be back next few weeks.
Sometimes they say some things to fob people off from calling them. Give them a couple of weeks and if you haven't heard back from them you may give them a ring. In any case I don't think you have much to worry about if your file has been sent to the minister, It looks like the recent change of ministers is slowing things down both on the approval and Certificate ends.

Best of luck

9jeirean

lefty298
Newly Registered

Post by lefty298 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:30 am

Thanks 9jeirean! I hope I'll get to hear something in the next few weeks!
9jeirean wrote:
lefty298 wrote:To all the senior members...any suggestions? :(
Sometimes they say some things to fob people off from calling them. Give them a couple of weeks and if you haven't heard back from them you may give them a ring. In any case I don't think you have much to worry about if your file has been sent to the minister, It looks like the recent change of ministers is slowing things down both on the approval and Certificate ends.

Best of luck

9jeirean

nd2011

Application Approved

Post by nd2011 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:25 pm

Time Line:

Applied 1st week of May 2008;
Acknowledgement received in June 2008 approximately after 1 month;
More Documents requested early March 2010 and documents sent end of March 2010;
Additional Documents (original birth cert. requested in mid Sept. 2010), document sent early Oct. 2010;
File sent to Minister late Jan. 2011;
Application Approved March 2011 and Approval letter received today.

Goodluck to all those still waiting.

myimmigrationboards

Re: Application Approved

Post by myimmigrationboards » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:50 pm

nd2011 wrote:Time Line:

Additional Documents (original birth cert. requested in mid Sept. 2010), document sent early Oct. 2010;

CONGRATULATIONS nd2011 :D

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:51 pm

congratulations
so it is 34 months is the average waitting time right now,Isn't it?!
peace on you

lefty298
Newly Registered

Post by lefty298 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:51 pm

Hi nd2011
Congrats on the approval! When did you come to know that ur file was back from minister's office? Did they tell you on phone? Mine was sent to Minister's office Feb 17 and today on the phone they told me it'll be end of April before it comes back!
Thanks

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:38 pm

Great news!Congratulations nd2011. Wish you the best of luck.

9jeirean

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:57 pm

nd2011,
congratulations to you. Excellent news. Enjoy.

Nanette (an bho dhearg)

myimmigrationboards

Post by myimmigrationboards » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:52 pm

nd2011 congratulations again! may i ask what nationality you are? thanks

alqpzm
Newly Registered

change of addewss

Post by alqpzm » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:03 pm

Hi Folks,
i applied my naturalisation in oct 2008, additional documents were asked in sept 2010, no news yet

Now my question is my employer opened a new resturant in another city and he want to send me over there as responsible man, in this situation i have to change my address so i want to know that if i change my address will it make any affect on process of my application.

also i had a medical card for one year i used it may be 4-5 times will it make any affect or be considered as social welfare.

appreciate ur views,
cheers

mp

bugu07

Re: change of addewss

Post by bugu07 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:27 pm

Hi
Just want to share my feelings. I am waiting for this f....... naturalisation for more than four years but in vain. Now i got a very good oppertunity in Australia and planning to leave this May. I am thankful for all help from this forum. Will start this process in Australia

Latan

Post by Latan » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:32 pm

:evil:

monte

Post by monte » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:18 pm

Hi alqpzm,
i don't think any of these two things will affect your application,
good luck.
alqpzm wrote:Hi Folks,
i applied my naturalisation in oct 2008, additional documents were asked in sept 2010, no news yet

Now my question is my employer opened a new resturant in another city and he want to send me over there as responsible man, in this situation i have to change my address so i want to know that if i change my address will it make any affect on process of my application.

also i had a medical card for one year i used it may be 4-5 times will it make any affect or be considered as social welfare.

appreciate ur views,
cheers

mp

monte

Post by monte » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:32 pm

congrats nd2011,
i applied early june 2008 and still waiting on outside agency reports, so i guess at least another 6 months or more.
good luck to all

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:44 am

alqpzm wrote:Hi Folks,

appreciate ur views,
cheers

mp
Changing address is not an issue, just let them know about your change of address so when you do receive any correspondence from INIS you update them quickly and as far as medical card is concerned that is not a biggie. Once you are paying tax that is your entitlments based on your means and tax take. Stay away from claiming any benefits from department of social protection and be careful on the roads and speed traps.

Irlnew
Newly Registered

Address proof

Post by Irlnew » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:09 am

Quick question of submitting address proof, as requested by INIS.

Can I submit correspondance from Social Welfare as address proof? I asked for statement from Social Welfare and they have sent one. Can this be used as address proof i.e as one of the three address proof beside bank statement & mortgage statement.

Thanks in advance.

nanette
Member of Standing

Re: Address proof

Post by nanette » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:13 am

Irlnew,

if you have EBS, BordGais, NTL, Bank statement (bear that should have money in it...be carefull) and Social Welfare docs or any government docs
should do it.

But I would recommend sending them positive stuff:
Example:
If you send your EBS bill, it must show that your previous bill was cleared. AND NOT AN ACCUMULATED BILL..i.e: you OWE money to EBS.

So, read out what your proof of address document SAYS before sending. IT MUST BE CLEAN.

Another example is not to send a telephone bill that shows huge consumption when with your SALARY, you cannot AFFORD it (they have your payslips). THIS APPLIES to EBS, NTL, BORD GAIS etc...

PROOF of address usually tells them about you, ESPECIALLY BILLS.

Watch out.

Nanette (an bho dhearg)

Irlnew wrote:Quick question of submitting address proof, as requested by INIS.

Can I submit correspondance from Social Welfare as address proof? I asked for statement from Social Welfare and they have sent one. Can this be used as address proof i.e as one of the three address proof beside bank statement & mortgage statement.

Thanks in advance.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:13 pm

fatty patty wrote:
alqpzm wrote: also i had a medical card for one year i used it may be 4-5 times will it make any affect or be considered as social welfare.
as far as medical card is concerned that is not a biggie. Once you are paying tax that is your entitlments based on your means and tax take. Stay away from claiming any benefits from department of social protection and be careful on the roads and speed traps.
I disagree regarding the above point. Granting of a medical card is not an entitlement given on the basis of payment of taxes (like child benefit or medical refunds via MED1 for example). Medical cards are only granted for those who are on very low incomes or who cannot afford to pay for medical treatment (usually for those under 70 it's people who are unemployed or on very low incomes). To be granted a Medical card you have to prove that you cannot fully support yourself and really have a need for the card.

How did you gain eligibility for the card in the first place?
Is your citizenship application based on 5 years residency? If so, I think this may well count against your application as you've already proven that you cannot support yourself by having to rely on public funds to cover your medical treatment. If your application is based on other (e.g. spouse of Irish, refugee etc.) it may not be an issue.

It'd be worth reading up on how others in similar situations were handled, or speaking to the Immigrant Centre.