ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timespent outside of UK - Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier1general2009
Newly Registered

Timespent outside of UK - Query

Post by tier1general2009 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:32 pm

Hi,

I wil be eligible to apply ILR in 2012. I have a query in the time spent outside of UK.

From 1st March 2010 - 4th June 2010 (96 days), I was on official trip to singapore. During that period, I was not paid in uk but rather I got my payment in Singapore.

As the duration exceeds 90 days and I am not paid in uk, will it impact my application and is my ILR clock starts again from June 2010?

Other than the above, the time spent is all personal holidays and it is withing annual limit

Please can someone help in resolving the query please?
Thanks for your help.

tier1general2009
Newly Registered

Post by tier1general2009 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:29 pm

Please can someone look inot my query please?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:42 pm

Caseworker discretion.
Include a letter from employer certifying that the absence was work related.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tier1general2009
Newly Registered

Post by tier1general2009 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:33 pm

Thanks Sushdmehta

But should the salary should have been paid in uk compulsorily?

Can someone share their experiences similar to my case please?

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:22 pm

Your case looks weak even if it were upto caseworker discretion. People overlook the 180 days rule on 5 years with some explanation/evidence but going over 90 days at a stretch literally resets the clock because, as required, 'you were not resident in the UK' and your previous time does not count.

HOWEVER, it's Friday and to make you feel better, one of my good friends got his PR recently after being out of the country for almost 6 months at a stretch in his 5th year in the UK.

He had to use a good lawyer, he got a letter stating he was out of country due to work, ensured he had a min of 6 months continuous stay and applied by post. It was a tough 8 weeks of anxious waiting but he got it :-)
If any doubt, dont apply in person, use that money to get a good lawyer and apply by post to give yourself a better chance

All the best
KP

happ_go_lucky

Re: Timespent outside of UK - Query

Post by happ_go_lucky » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:41 am

tier1general2009 wrote:Hi,

I wil be eligible to apply ILR in 2012. I have a query in the time spent outside of UK.

From 1st March 2010 - 4th June 2010 (96 days), I was on official trip to singapore. During that period, I was not paid in uk but rather I got my payment in Singapore.

As the duration exceeds 90 days and I am not paid in uk, will it impact my application and is my ILR clock starts again from June 2010?

Other than the above, the time spent is all personal holidays and it is withing annual limit

Please can someone help in resolving the query please?
Thanks for your help.
Hi, I am in similiar situation as you were in when you posted this query and i am curious to know whether you applied and got the ILR and if yes, how did you address this issue?