ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alqpzm
Newly Registered

Post by alqpzm » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:28 pm

:arrow:
Last edited by alqpzm on Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

alqpzm
Newly Registered

Re: change of addewss

Post by alqpzm » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:31 pm

alqpzm wrote:
scrudu wrote:
fatty patty wrote:
alqpzm wrote: also i had a medical card for one year i used it may be 4-5 times will it make any affect or be considered as social welfare.
as far as medical card is concerned that is not a biggie. Once you are paying tax that is your entitlments based on your means and tax take. Stay away from claiming any benefits from department of social protection and be careful on the roads and speed traps.
I disagree regarding the above point. Granting of a medical card is not an entitlement given on the basis of payment of taxes (like child benefit or medical refunds via MED1 for example). Medical cards are only granted for those who are on very low incomes or who cannot afford to pay for medical treatment (usually for those under 70 it's people who are unemployed or on very low incomes). To be granted a Medical card you have to prove that you cannot fully support yourself and really have a need for the card.

How did you gain eligibility for the card in the first place?
Is your citizenship application based on 5 years residency? If so, I think this may well count against your application as you've already proven that you cannot support yourself by having to rely on public funds to cover your medical treatment. If your application is based on other (e.g. spouse of Irish, refugee etc.) it may not be an issue.

It'd be worth reading up on how others in similar situations were handled, or speaking to the Immigrant Centre.

sorry actually it was doctor visit card which means i dont have to pay for doctor consultation but i had to pay for my medication and also i request for my social welfare report it doesnot mention anything like that
now i dont know what should be done, i got it on behalf of my wife she was very sick and wasnt working aswell so my salary was divided into two and on that basis me and my wife were issued this GP visit card.

nd2011

Re: Application Approved

Post by nd2011 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:01 pm

Hi Monte,

Thank You and I hope you get yours soon.

Now, on your own case, I don`t think you`ll have to wait for another 6 months for an outside agency to get back to inis. Mine was same when i rang inis in Jan. 2011. I asked the lady which of the outside agencies they were waiting for. She was kind enough to tell me it was S.Welfare report & that my Garda report was back & is fine. I went to my local S.Welfare officer, collected & posted a stamped letter headed-sheet letter which confirmed i haven`t been on social for about 6 years, i guess that helped. I would advise you to find out which of the outside agencies inis is waiting for before making a move.

Called few courts in Dublin yesterday to book-in for the oath, non was available. Had to drive to Cork this morning for the oath. Thank God, i was successful. My yellow form and all requirements have been mailed back to inis today. Hope to hear from them in 6 weeks time.
Will keep you all updated as the events unfold. Thank you and God bless.

monte wrote:congrats nd2011,
i applied early june 2008 and still waiting on outside agency reports, so i guess at least another 6 months or more.
good luck to all
nd2011 wrote:Time Line:

Applied 1st week of May 2008;
Acknowledgement received in June 2008 approximately after 1 month;
More Documents requested early March 2010 and documents sent end of March 2010;
Additional Documents (original birth cert. requested in mid Sept. 2010), document sent early Oct. 2010;
File sent to Minister late Jan. 2011;
Application Approved March 2011 and Approval letter received today.

Goodluck to all those still waiting.

nd2011

Post by nd2011 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:05 pm

myimmigrationboards wrote:nd2011 congratulations again! may i ask what nationality you are? thanks
Thank you. My nationality is Nigeria.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:28 am

scrudu wrote:
fatty patty wrote:
alqpzm wrote: also i had a medical card for one year i used it may be 4-5 times will it make any affect or be considered as social welfare.
as far as medical card is concerned that is not a biggie. Once you are paying tax that is your entitlments based on your means and tax take. Stay away from claiming any benefits from department of social protection and be careful on the roads and speed traps.
I disagree regarding the above point. Granting of a medical card is not an entitlement given on the basis of payment of taxes (like child benefit or medical refunds via MED1 for example). Medical cards are only granted for those who are on very low incomes or who cannot afford to pay for medical treatment (usually for those under 70 it's people who are unemployed or on very low incomes). To be granted a Medical card you have to prove that you cannot fully support yourself and really have a need for the card.
You do raise a very valid point scrudu. But medical cards are issued by HSE it is not linked to DSW (told by an acquaintance in DSW). Its like a child being called to the health centre for screening and other stuff while in school, that is also relying on govt dont you think, but its provided free by the govt in conjunction with education ministry?
If your application is based on other (e.g. spouse of Irish, refugee etc.) it may not be an issue.
How come work permit holders are affected by it and not the spouse of irish/refugee? Do you think that EUFAM4 ones be affected by this too?

monte

Post by monte » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:23 am

Hi nd2011,

Thanks for the advice, i will call INIS on tuesday and see if i can find out which agency they are waiting for.
hopefully you'll get your CoN before the end of april and keep us updated.
nd2011 wrote:Hi Monte,

Now, on your own case, I don`t think you`ll have to wait for another 6 months for an outside agency to get back to inis. Mine was same when i rang inis in Jan. 2011. I asked the lady which of the outside agencies they were waiting for. She was kind enough to tell me it was S.Welfare report & that my Garda report was back & is fine. I went to my local S.Welfare officer, collected & posted a stamped letter headed-sheet letter which confirmed i haven`t been on social for about 6 years, i guess that helped. I would advise you to find out which of the outside agencies inis is waiting for before making a move.

Called few courts in Dublin yesterday to book-in for the oath, non was available. Had to drive to Cork this morning for the oath. Thank God, i was successful. My yellow form and all requirements have been mailed back to inis today. Hope to hear from them in 6 weeks time.

i applied early june 2008 and still waiting on outside agency reports, so i guess at least another 6 months or more.
good luck to all

Additional Documents (original birth cert. requested in mid Sept. 2010), document sent early Oct. 2010;

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:46 am

nd2011 wrote:
myimmigrationboards wrote:nd2011 congratulations again! may i ask what nationality you are? thanks
Congratulations nd2011 ! You have now joined the elite club of Dubliners who have driven to Cork & got everything sorted. What's with these Leinster courts is beyond me...

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:51 am

bugu07 wrote:Hi
Just want to share my feelings. I am waiting for this f....... naturalisation for more than four years but in vain. Now i got a very good oppertunity in Australia and planning to leave this May. I am thankful for all help from this forum. Will start this process in Australia
Sorry to hear that mate. i hope you get your approval before May. You should probably leave an address with INIS for possible return.

lefty298
Newly Registered

Post by lefty298 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:42 am

good luck to all

Hi nd2011,
Hearties congrats again on the approval! Did they tell you on the phone that your file has returned from minister's office or did it just suddenly come in the post one day? Just wondering if it comes back to INIS from minister's office and they hold it for a while? Mine was sent to the minister on Feb 17 and still no news, been calling them every week. Could it be that their system hasn't updated and I could still get the approval letter in the post ? :?

Thanks!

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:38 am

Does anyone of the 2009 applicants got a request for submitting further documents?
I applied 21 months ago and no news yet from INIS.
peace on you

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:51 am

[IRISH PHAROE"]Does anyone of the 2009 applicants got a request for submitting further documents?

Dear IRISH PHAROE,
I am jan 2009 applicant no news yet just been told on the phone in first week of feb that they are waiting for outside agencies, may be they r trying to sort out all 2008 applicants and then start for 2009 lets c dont knowhow long will it take
cheers

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:32 pm

still waiting wrote:
[IRISH PHAROE"]Does anyone of the 2009 applicants got a request for submitting further documents?

Dear IRISH PHAROE,
I am jan 2009 applicant no news yet just been told on the phone in first week of feb that they are waiting for outside agencies, may be they r trying to sort out all 2008 applicants and then start for 2009 lets c dont knowhow long will it take
cheers
Did they ask you to submitt further documents?
peace on you

nd2011

Post by nd2011 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:15 pm

Hi lefty298,

Thank you, i think you`ll receive a reply soon.

Actually, what happened was that when i rang inis in early Feb. 2011, the lady told me my file has been sent to the minister (she wasn`t specific on the date it was sent) and that i will hear from them shortly. I rang again 1st week of March, they told me there`re 100`s of files piled up in the new minister`s table cos` of the election & change of govt. but that i should expect a reply within 6 weeks. Last Thursday when i rang, i got another nice lady on the line who told me my application has been approved & that a letter was sent out the previous day. I checked my mail box after hanging up & the mail was there ...Thank God!
lefty298 wrote:

good luck to all

Hi nd2011,
Hearties congrats again on the approval! Did they tell you on the phone that your file has returned from minister's office or did it just suddenly come in the post one day? Just wondering if it comes back to INIS from minister's office and they hold it for a while? Mine was sent to the minister on Feb 17 and still no news, been calling them every week. Could it be that their system hasn't updated and I could still get the approval letter in the post ? :?

Thanks!

nd2011

Leinster Courts

Post by nd2011 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:23 pm

HOTSPURS,

Thank you and you`re right about the Leinster courts ... i didn`t want to waste my time with them after reading on this forum the way people get fraustrated when asking for an appointment in the Dublin area.

HOTSPURS wrote:
nd2011 wrote:
Congratulations nd2011 ! You have now joined the elite club of Dubliners who have driven to Cork & got everything sorted. What's with these Leinster courts is beyond me...

monte

Re: Leinster Courts

Post by monte » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:20 pm

nd2011,

when you went to Cork did you need to ring or make any appointments or you just went to court in cork?
thanks.
nd2011 wrote:HOTSPURS,

Thank you and you`re right about the Leinster courts ... i didn`t want to waste my time with them after reading on this forum the way people get fraustrated when asking for an appointment in the Dublin area.

HOTSPURS wrote:
nd2011 wrote:

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:29 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:
still waiting wrote:

Dear IRISH PHAROE,
cheers
Did they ask you to submitt further documents?
the lady told me on the phone when they will receive SW and Garda report they will ask me further doc.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:53 pm

good luck still waitting and hopefuly the same for me soon
just keep us updated
peace on you

BANDAR

Post by BANDAR » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:27 pm

hello i am new here to find out avrage time for waiting for approval for citizenship- applied march 2009 after 5 years w/permits. sHare information with, thank you.

monte

Post by monte » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:54 pm

Welcome Bandar,

from looking at this forum and from talking to people & my own experience, it seems there is some variation in processing time, i think it might be safe to say it's 2.5 to 3 years for most people, i think nationality might have to do with the processing time, i completed 33 months & a friend of mine 36 months & haven't heard a thing from INIS, we are both doctors that have worked for 5 yrs before applying, i paid more than 300,000 euros of taxes over 8 yrs & never had problems with the law but i guess that's why Ireland is the 2nd slowest country in Europe in processing citizenship applications.

BANDAR wrote:hello i am new here to find out avrage time for waiting for approval for citizenship- applied march 2009 after 5 years w/permits. sHare information with, thank you.

BANDAR

Post by BANDAR » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:53 pm

thankyou monte

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:35 am

fatty patty wrote: You do raise a very valid point scrudu. But medical cards are issued by HSE it is not linked to DSW (told by an acquaintance in DSW). Its like a child being called to the health centre for screening and other stuff while in school, that is also relying on govt dont you think, but its provided free by the govt in conjunction with education ministry?
scrudu wrote:If your application is based on other (e.g. spouse of Irish, refugee etc.) it may not be an issue.
I don't know anything about whether the DSW and HSE are connected but it'd be pretty crazy if they weren't. How else would they verify the details on the Medical Card application form regarding Income. Both Medical Card and GP Visit card are granted after means testing and are only granted if an applicant applies for one and shows that their income is low and within the limits described in either Medical Cards or GP Visit Cards. They are not like other state entitlements such as child vaccines as you mention. The general public are not entitled to a Medical Card or GP Visit card, only those who satisfy a means test are entitled. The reason this may cause an issue with a citizenship application is that the bearer has shown that he/she cannot afford to cover their own medical expenses due to low income and requires state support. If you are applying for citizenship based on 5 years residency, some of the checks are to ensure that you have been self sufficient during your time in Ireland and have not had recourse to public funds (some Social Welfare, Medical Card etc.). I don't know if a GP Card is viewed the same way as a Medical Card but there have been people on this forum whose application was refused due to having a medical card (do search to find threads). GP are likely to be treated differently for citizenship as they are granted to the individual and not the family, and are often granted in cases where the applicant has an ongoing medical condition and not just related to income.
fatty patty wrote:How come work permit holders are affected by it and not the spouse of irish/refugee? Do you think that EUFAM4 ones be affected by this too?
Honestly given the lack of clear guidelines it's hard to be sure of anything, but spouses of Irish citizens applications are not based on income and I'm not sure the same Social Welfare requirements exist. When I asked before, I was told for example, that an applicant could apply for Jobseekers Benefit (given on the basis of PRSI stamps paid) but not Jobseekers Allowance (given on the basis of need, i.e. no/low income). The same does not apply to people applying on ground of 5 year residency. Refugees have much lower criteria for acceptance for citizenship because if they have already been accepted as a refugee, it's a natural step to progress to citizenship. If their previous country of nationality is no longer a safe place for them to live, they'd need citizenship of the country that recognises them as a refugee to be allowed to leave the country.

nd2011

Post by nd2011 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:03 am

Hi Fatty patty & Scrudu,
I got my approval letter last Thursday based on 5 yr residency in the State. Me & my family have always had medical cards (not GP visit card) for 9 years cos`our income is low though we never claimed Social Welfare benefits. So, if Medical Card was to be an issue may be i wouldn`t have gotten an approval from inis.

scrudu wrote:
fatty patty wrote: You do raise a very valid point scrudu. But medical cards are issued by HSE it is not linked to DSW (told by an acquaintance in DSW). Its like a child being called to the health centre for screening and other stuff while in school, that is also relying on govt dont you think, but its provided free by the govt in conjunction with education ministry?
scrudu wrote:If your application is based on other (e.g. spouse of Irish, refugee etc.) it may not be an issue.
I don't know anything about whether the DSW and HSE are connected but it'd be pretty crazy if they weren't. How else would they verify the details on the Medical Card application form regarding Income. Both Medical Card and GP Visit card are granted after means testing and are only granted if an applicant applies for one and shows that their income is low and within the limits described in either Medical Cards or GP Visit Cards. They are not like other state entitlements such as child vaccines as you mention. The general public are not entitled to a Medical Card or GP Visit card, only those who satisfy a means test are entitled. The reason this may cause an issue with a citizenship application is that the bearer has shown that he/she cannot afford to cover their own medical expenses due to low income and requires state support. If you are applying for citizenship based on 5 years residency, some of the checks are to ensure that you have been self sufficient during your time in Ireland and have not had recourse to public funds (some Social Welfare, Medical Card etc.). I don't know if a GP Card is viewed the same way as a Medical Card but there have been people on this forum whose application was refused due to having a medical card (do search to find threads). GP are likely to be treated differently for citizenship as they are granted to the individual and not the family, and are often granted in cases where the applicant has an ongoing medical condition and not just related to income.
fatty patty wrote:How come work permit holders are affected by it and not the spouse of irish/refugee? Do you think that EUFAM4 ones be affected by this too?
Honestly given the lack of clear guidelines it's hard to be sure of anything, but spouses of Irish citizens applications are not based on income and I'm not sure the same Social Welfare requirements exist. When I asked before, I was told for example, that an applicant could apply for Jobseekers Benefit (given on the basis of PRSI stamps paid) but not Jobseekers Allowance (given on the basis of need, i.e. no/low income). The same does not apply to people applying on ground of 5 year residency. Refugees have much lower criteria for acceptance for citizenship because if they have already been accepted as a refugee, it's a natural step to progress to citizenship. If their previous country of nationality is no longer a safe place for them to live, they'd need citizenship of the country that recognises them as a refugee to be allowed to leave the country.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:36 am

thanks nd2011
that's the type of participants which we need.
the one who's putting positives.
also I have to remind everyone that it depends on the mode of the INIS employees so what happend with nd2011 has not to be the rule.
but from time to time the one needs some encourging threads like this
peace on you

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:20 pm

Girl who works in DSW said to me that on Medical card forms HSE asks the applicant to get it filled/stamped by DSW if they are claiming welfare to show that they need it and if they are not claiming welfare then attach payslips. They send reminder/requests to confirm if they suspect that the application/stamps are dodgy and ID fraud.

I agree with you scrudu that medical card issued by HSE is a state issued service and shows that the person is dependent on state services but for the time being its not linked to DSW so when INIS sends check to outside agencies they probably don't send it to HSE and only to Gardai and DSW (or maybe they do and go case by case), as nd2011 said there app is approved even though they are on medical cards and app is based on 5 year work permits. This is IMHO. BTW congrats nd2011, do update us on the cert dates and stuff.

ribak
Newly Registered

Post by ribak » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:55 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:Does anyone of the 2009 applicants got a request for submitting further documents?
I applied in March 2009 - no additional documents have been requested yet