ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Submitting postal application yourself at Durham office

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

toshu20
Newly Registered

Submitting postal application yourself at Durham office

Post by toshu20 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:03 pm

Hi,
I'm in a very strange situation. I have ordered my bank statements from India and would be receiving them by 4th of April 2011. Since 5th is the last day to make applications, is it possible to prepare your postal application and deliver the parcel yourself at the Durham office?

Also till what time is special delivery collection possible?

digitalrev

Post by digitalrev » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:46 pm

i dont think you can deliver postal application in person. try to book same day services on 5th april. check if they have any appointment available on 5th April .

katorali
Newly Registered

Post by katorali » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:23 am

Hi,
Do not waste your time looking for in person appointment as it's too late I would imagine. But there shouldn't be a problem if you receive your statements by 4th or even 5th of April sharp. All you have to do is making sure other documents are all correctly prepared & ready to dispatch. Then when you receive your Docs from India, just put that in the postal envelope and post it using the "next day" delivery. All you have to make sure is - all these have to be done by 5th of April without any second thought as that's the deadline. Post it from a post office to the postal address on the left in the application form but not the courier address on the right. If you're using the postal service then it would count as a valid application because the day you post it would be the date of application not the date they receive it as you used postal address using Royal Mail. I think these information would be of some sort of help. If there is anything I missed, accept that as an error as I'm typing from my phone.
CHEERS