ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Your advice required- Visa curtailement

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sarah2011
Newly Registered

Your advice required- Visa curtailement

Post by Sarah2011 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:06 pm

Hi,

I have lost my job during a collective redundancy process in July 2010. I am on a limited leave to remain that is still valid. My employer (sponsor) has informed UKBA then. But only today I received the following letter from UKBA:

"In order that we may complete our records, please return your and your dependant's passport's with 2 recent passport size photographs to us within 14 days of the date of this letter. we will endeavor to return the passport within 10 working days. if it snot possible to submit your passport, please inform us in writing. if you do not respond to this letter within 14 days, your application will be considered with the the information we currently hold on file."

Does this mean they will curtail my visa, or will they revoke it? I have very good reasons to stay in the UK as I can't return to a post war country to face death, I have applied a month ago with IOM to become a refugee in the US but the process may takes months.

Should I mention my reasons when returning my passport? or should i write to them and explain why i am not returning my passport? or should i wait until the visa is revoked/curtailed and then try to appeal? please advise.

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:17 pm

It sounds they gonna recoke ur visa. (I can think any reason for asking ur passport). You have following options
1 - Find another employer who is willing to sponsor you (In this case u can let UK BA know that u have submitted an other application)
2 - Apply T1 - If u r eligible
3 - Apply for Asylum
4 - If you partner is student or working full time etc, you may apply new application - ur partner as main and u as dependant

Sarah2011
Newly Registered

Post by Sarah2011 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:29 pm

Sky_High wrote:It sounds they gonna recoke ur visa. (I can think any reason for asking ur passport). You have following options
1 - Find another employer who is willing to sponsor you (In this case u can let UK BA know that u have submitted an other application)
2 - Apply T1 - If u r eligible
3 - Apply for Asylum
4 - If you partner is student or working full time etc, you may apply new application - ur partner as main and u as dependant
Thanks for your advice butnone of this will work. I have less than 14 days to return the passport.
1- only two days ago a company was willing to sponsor but still planning to have an interview with them. they take months to decide and my occupation is not on the shortage list so no application can be submitted in 14 days.
2-I don't have the points to get T1.
3- Asylum will be a tough road, they will say i came wiht a work permit and not for fear of my life and years have pssed for my being in the UK.
4-I don't have a partner.

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:30 am

Can you change your visa status to student. If you apply now than you can win some time and in the mean time other company can apply T2 for you.

Asylum will not help u other than giving u few more months here in UK.

Sarah2011
Newly Registered

Post by Sarah2011 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:41 am

I don't have the funds to study, I would have switched to student visa earlier.

slugmeister
BANNED
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by slugmeister » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:41 pm

Wait, let me make sure I understand this? July last year you lost your job. It's 8 months later and you have not found a new job? Somehow when I initially read your post I thought your ex-employer was cruel-hearted and told UKBA the minute you left the building.

Did you get a redundancy payment?

Technically if you lose or leave your job you have 28 days to either find a new employer willing to sponsor you or you leave the country. As your work permit is no longer valid you have no rights to be in the country.

5 years ago I was made redundant. That seriously jeopardized my work permit. I luckily found a new job within a week. I knew from the start, however, that if anything should happen to my job that I only have 28 days.

Best of luck to you.

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:00 pm

Please let us know whats happen? Hope u r fine?