ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano - People seeking residence on basis of child

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:25 am

ImmigrationLawyer wrote:Really, that's interesting that we would have such different experiences. Have you worked with many people over the years since 2005, in such situations? Have you seen many applications for change of status rejected? Or are you just going on anecdotal evidence? :roll:
We are talking about spouses of work permit holders who would have come in/been resident on stamp 3 here, right? If any of such scheme you allude to exist, then it certainly wasn't public knowledge. If perhaps I have missed it, you might pls point me to where I can get information about that. I hope it wasn't meant for a privileged few? It wouldn't be the first for the DOJ anyway.

Anecdotal evidence? Nah! In our case, the only way my spouse could change her status as we chose not to avail of the IBC scheme, was to find an employer to file for a spousal work permit for her with the then Department of trade and Enterprise, , subsequent to which she and many other spouses in same situations were granted a Stamp 1 by the INIS up to the expiry of their spouses' work permit duration. That scheme as you might be aware was stopped for spouses of people who came into employment in the state after June 2009 => http://www.deti.ie/publications/labour/ ... ay2010.pdf <= My spouse and I had since naturalized as Irish citizens. Now I know many families in which dependent spouses would have been in the same situation. We were all told by the DOJ that the only way to have a change of status was to get a spousal work permit.

I am however aware of situations in relations to accompanying minors of WP holders initially on stamp 3, who then became adult (>18yrs) during the course of their residency in the state. I know of some parents of such children had been able to successfully apply to the DoJ for a conversion of the child's stamp to stamp 4. Even that as at today is still done on an ad-hoc basis.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:57 pm

Ad hoc basis is right. The Dept don't publish details of their policies, and they don't tell ppl how to make applications based on their rights - you have to push them into it. That's where you need a good lawyer. :wink:

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:25 pm

9jeirean -- i am in the exact same position as you have been. infact my spouse has a long term residency also.. but no one in ireland is sponsoring the spousal work permit as its taking a lot of time to get that paper work done and people are not interested. i was waiting for the "Immigration, Residence and Protection Bill 2010 " to go ahead as this would allow dependents of LTR to work without a permit .. but alas FF went to dust in the election .. not sure when the FG govt would take this up. But i reckon if the judgement goes in favour of the non-eu adults .. then probably the irish babies parents would be moved to stamp4 as before .. just incase the govt does not change the irish citizenship rule of '3+ yrs' for either of the spouse working in ireland .. because this is in their hands .. lots of complications!!

ImmigrationLawyer -- i believe that lawyers can interpret and argue on the laws that are existing. Did you have any cases or instances where people having irish kids after jan-05 are given stamp 4 ?

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:48 pm

Yes, many. See, in at least 90% of the cases before the Courts (challenging D/O's on the basis of Irish citizen children) the proposed deportee is a failed asylum seeker. The Dept has taken a particularly harsh stance against ppl who they perceive as having "abused the immigration and asylum system" as they would put it. I suppose this point of view started when there was a trend identified of single women asylum seekers arriving heavily pregnant and then seeking to rely on their child's Irish citizenship (pre 2005). But as for parents of Irish children who are already legally resident in the State - in my experience the Dept has generally allowed them to change status if an app is made setting out the rights and interests of the Irish citizen child. Now... it's my feeling that a sor of scheme may be introduced like IBC/05 to deal with cases like yours in line with Zambrano. :)

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:39 pm

starbuck wrote:9jeirean -- i am in the exact same position as you have been. infact my spouse has a long term residency also.. but no one in ireland is sponsoring the spousal work permit as its taking a lot of time to get that paper work done and people are not interested. i was waiting for the "Immigration, Residence and Protection Bill 2010 " to go ahead as this would allow dependents of LTR to work without a permit .. but alas FF went to dust in the election .. not sure when the FG govt would take this up. But i reckon if the judgement goes in favour of the non-eu adults .. then probably the irish babies parents would be moved to stamp4 as before .. just incase the govt does not change the irish citizenship rule of '3+ yrs' for either of the spouse working in ireland .. because this is in their hands .. lots of complications!!

ImmigrationLawyer -- i believe that lawyers can interpret and argue on the laws that are existing. Did you have any cases or instances where people having irish kids after jan-05 are given stamp 4 ?
Hi starbuck,

Just to drop my last point on this issue. Has your spouse applied for citizenship? If she's obliged, I would advise she does asap. You probably know this already, but she doesn't have to be working or be on stamp 4 to be granted citizenship if you can proof that you are working and she's dependent on you. As I said before, I do believe strongly that the zambrano ruling may be extended to people in your spouse situation. I know there are very many in such situation. There was a news article published just last week about the plight of such people, so I know it will be officially addressed and you may very well not need anybody to "push" the DoJ at that stage. It is of course open to you if you feel a "good lawyer" will be of benefit to facilitate your case. However, as they say caveat emptor :wink:

Wish you and yours all the best.

9jeirean

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:21 pm

i thought only people who are working could apply for citizenship. i have applied for it and is in the queue. i dont think she can apply for that as she never worked in ireland. i have never come across a rule where people can apply when not at work. can you please point me to that.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:01 pm

starbuck wrote:i thought only people who are working could apply for citizenship. i have applied for it and is in the queue. i dont think she can apply for that as she never worked in ireland. i have never come across a rule where people can apply when not at work. can you please point me to that.
She's always been on stamp 3 (spouse of WP holder) right? Of course she can apply if that's the case provided she has completed 5 years residency. You would have to provide evidence of financial sufficiency for yourself as she is deemed dependent on you as per her term of residency. Her terms of residency forbids her from taking employment in the state, so INIS can not hold it against her for not having financial stand of her own; but be sure you have everything to prove your own financial status bank statements, P21s, payslips marriage certificates etc.

Section 10 of the naturalization application form deals with employment status, tick others on the options provided. I'll advice writing a brief back up letter signed by both of you stating her residency status and highlighting that you are providing documentary evidence of your own financial status in support of the application. Getting a supporting letter from your own employers might not be a bad idea.

According to INIS, the only period of residency excluded for the purpose of naturalization are :

i)periods of residence in respect of which an applicant does not have permission to remain in the State
ii)periods granted for the purposes of study
iii)periods granted for the purposes of seeking recognition as a refugee within the meaning of the Refugee Act, 1996.

Source: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Citizens ... 20note.pdf

I know very many spouses who were in the same situation who have now successfully naturalized. There is a very nice member of this forum who to the best of my knowledge was on the same residency status when she naturalized. her username is sideshowsue. http://www.immigrationboards.com/profil ... le&u=30845 I am sure she wouldn't mind me using her as a reference case here. She was one of the people who helped me during my early days on the forum. I am 100% sure your spouse's residency status is no barrier, provided all other requirement a la clean criminal record, financial sufficiency etc are met.

My best wishes.

9jeirean

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:22 am

9jeirean - thanks for the detailed post. I shall go through the same and apply for the citizenship. thanks again for the reference. Let me go through all the details.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:59 am

starbuck - your wife should apply for naturalisation but bear in mind if she's on the social she may not be aproved. Also, she should make an application to INIS for a change of status to stamp 4 - just a standard letter asking for it, and stating it would be better for your Irish children if she could work to help support them. Give them a full copy of her passport, to show imm history, tax history, passport and birth certs of the children (copies). I would be surprised if this is refused.

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:18 pm

Immigration Lawyer - i shall do as advised. We have never taken any social allowances. thanks again for all the advice.

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:00 pm

Morrisj wrote: A any comment by Alan shatter regarding the Zambrano Ruling?
From last week, Published on Monday 21st March 2011
sorry I tuned out of this thread when posts became unreadable.

Here is official reply from Alan Shatter, seems reasonable, if a little shy.
Statement by Minister for Justice wrote: Statement by Minister for Justice, Equality and Defence, Mr Alan Shatter, TD,
on the implications of the recent ruling of the Court of Justice of the
European Union in the case of Ruiz Zambrano

:
:Given the importance of the ruling in the Zambrano case, I have decided,
with the support of my Government colleagues, to make a brief public
statement outlining the consideration being given to cases involving Irish
minor dependant citizen children who have a non-national third country
parent or parents.

One possible approach in these matters is to wait for pending cases to be
determined by the Irish Courts and for the Courts to interpret and apply
the Court of Justice ruling. That is an entirely justifiable approach from
a legal standpoint. However in this case the Government has agreed that
there needs to be a more proactive approach and that it should make a clear
statement of its intention to take early action in these cases, insofar as
it is unnecessary to await rulings of the Courts. We should not tie up
the courts unnecessarily or ask eligible families to wait longer than
necessary.

Accordingly I have asked my officials to carry out an urgent examination of
all cases before the courts (approximately 120 at present) involving Irish
citizen children to which the Zambrano judgment may be relevant.

The Government has agreed with my proposal that early decisions in
appropriate cases to which the Zambrano judgement applies be made without
waiting for further rulings of the Courts.

I have also asked my officials to examine the cases in the Department in
which the possibility of deportation is being considered in order to
ascertain the number of cases in which there is an Irish citizen child and
to which the Zambrano judgment is relevant. In addition, consideration will
be given to those cases of Irish Citizen children who have left the state
whose parents were refused permission to remain.

This initiative is being taken in the best interests of the welfare of
eligible minor Irish citizen children and to ensure that the taxpayer is
not exposed to any unnecessary additional legal costs.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:04 pm

ImmigrationLawyer wrote:Starbuck - you can lodge an application for change of status to the unrestricted "Stamp 4" status. The irony is, this probably would have been accepted without much fuss by INIS before Zambrano - now with the influx of letters and applications they are receiving there may be delays. But you should be entitled to work without a work permit and you should be granted a Stamp 4 to allow you to do this, IMO.
it would have been highely unlikely that the department would have changed the person's status to stamp 4 before zambrano.

they failed to give the "dependent" spouses the same rights as their spouse in the first place (ie right to work without a permit akin to non eu spouse married to eu's),

the dept would have taken the line "we don't have to consider this application as we no longer consider the ibc as a stand alone application".

i am aware of some fathers, in the aftermath of dimbo, only getting stamp 3's if the mother had a job (yes i know we are talking about two different classes here, but near the end, the dept wanted to restrict the job market as much as possible)

zambrano stops this and does help the person as you have suggested.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Morrisj wrote: lol if u think am scared of the past government's mess then u must be outta ur mind,watch what i say?u r really a s...bag if u think i am scared of anything i say what i want especially when its right.

u r still making irrelevant stuff cos to be honest i repeat my objection started when u created that Romanian and Bulgarian topic and that seems to cease cos u aint discussing it anymore so what f..uck r u still going on about moaning like a baby ohhhhh i see like u rein enforced with some of ur partial immigration colleagues to reply me last post?

Annoymonus or not am not scared and whatever i said aint allegations they were objections to u and some other dearly beloved officials in d department and i can bodly say this 2 their face if i was given d chance cos am a free man and u can also go back n tell them i told u so punk[/u]
I was not referring to "past government mess", i was referring to false insinuations made by you suggesting that I am a dearly beloved. The words "defamation" might have give a clue. The fact that others here would question your insinuations are another. The fact i made reference to the "internet" indicates the problems one has to succeed in such a claim. But noted progress is been made to deal with this. "watch what you say" referred the the fact that people should be careful with what they say on this medium as they would not get away with it on another medium such as press or tv.

again, the childless romanian and bulgarian issue is correct, at this present moment. so it is not irrelevant. if you are unable to show that you are self employed. failing to talk about this issue every single post does not mean that one has dropped it. so "seemed" does not mean "you have". the position, as another correctly posted, says that this problem may need by 2014, i have stated, i would rather wait and see. its not 2014 is it? until then, the position remains the same, as i have suggested. now if you want to be stupid enough to run your line again, go knock yourself out.

you can't tell the difference, that it not my problem. you have actually said nothing in your objection as to why its irrelevant. i never ceased to use it, but as the discussion went on by others to other areas, it would then be irrelevant to use it when addressing their statements. you also have the expectation of others to be capable of reading posts in full and to go back to older posts for clarification.

i also gave a few more examples which you never even attempted to rebut. never mind the fact that the childless romanian / bulgarian class is gets dominant feature in all my posts anyway. but you still go on to say its irrelevant. you have been asked to specifically state why its irrelevant. you have not done so. so stop lying. maybe you could deal with the other examples put to the debate. my feeling is that it could expose the possible self serving (understandable) hyprocrisy of your stance or even, a lack of understanding of what the ecj preach but unwittingly fail to do

"ohhhhh i see like u rein enforced with some of ur partial immigration colleagues to reply me last post?"

what does this mean? i am a bit lost, you referring to me suggesting that you should check the posts of the other sites to see that i am apparently not along on this issue? i was simply pointing out to the stupidity of you doing the same in the first place.

"Annoymonus or not am not scared and whatever i said aint allegations they were objections to u and some other dearly beloved officials in d department and i can bodly say this 2 their face if i was given d chance cos am a free man and u can also go back n tell them i told u so punk"

well, i am glad you are not scared, there is such thing as free speech. but be prepared to be ridiculed when you are in the so wrong, oh, and don't go running home screaming dearly beloved when thigs don't go your way. i really hoped that you enjoy the same freedom hear as you did back home. but by all means cheerish your rights. but maybe you should look at your country before decrying such remarks. ( i accept this might be unfair to generalise as you may not be from places that i assume that you are from, but you never disclose it) objections are not a problem. the problem is been accused by unqualified people to suggest interpretion of a law or an assumption that a law always was interpretted in a certain way when they are wrong.

punk? lay of the clint eastwood films. well its a shame that illegal immigrants did not have the same "courage" as you. that they would attend the gnib when called and not evade legal deportation orders (not related to zambrano)

they are allegations. its not dearly beloved to have an immigration procedures. liberty was taking of these in the 1990's by people who don't give a damn about this country yet wanted to wrap the flag around them for protection. many have given genuine asylum seekers a bad name and piss on the hassle other decent non eu people had by coming here legally by getting work permits. for the record, the department should be far more understanding to them. but that does not matter now with zambrano, for now that is.but continue to use those lines, you never know,some day (decade) someone other than the pc media, will take you seriously.

Morrisj
- thin ice -

Post by Morrisj » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:56 pm

walrusgumble wrote:
Morrisj wrote: lol if u think am scared of the past government's mess then u must be outta ur mind,watch what i say?u r really a s...bag if u think i am scared of anything i say what i want especially when its right.

u r still making irrelevant stuff cos to be honest i repeat my objection started when u created that Romanian and Bulgarian topic and that seems to cease cos u aint discussing it anymore so what f..uck r u still going on about moaning like a baby ohhhhh i see like u rein enforced with some of ur partial immigration colleagues to reply me last post?

Annoymonus or not am not scared and whatever i said aint allegations they were objections to u and some other dearly beloved officials in d department and i can bodly say this 2 their face if i was given d chance cos am a free man and u can also go back n tell them i told u so punk[/u]
I was not referring to "past government mess", i was referring to false insinuations made by you suggesting that I am a dearly beloved. The words "defamation" might have give a clue. The fact that others here would question your insinuations are another. The fact i made reference to the "internet" indicates the problems one has to succeed in such a claim. But noted progress is been made to deal with this. "watch what you say" referred the the fact that people should be careful with what they say on this medium as they would not get away with it on another medium such as press or tv.

again, the childless romanian and bulgarian issue is correct, at this present moment. so it is not irrelevant. if you are unable to show that you are self employed. failing to talk about this issue every single post does not mean that one has dropped it. so "seemed" does not mean "you have". the position, as another correctly posted, says that this problem may need by 2014, i have stated, i would rather wait and see. its not 2014 is it? until then, the position remains the same, as i have suggested. now if you want to be stupid enough to run your line again, go knock yourself out.

you can't tell the difference, that it not my problem. you have actually said nothing in your objection as to why its irrelevant. i never ceased to use it, but as the discussion went on by others to other areas, it would then be irrelevant to use it when addressing their statements. you also have the expectation of others to be capable of reading posts in full and to go back to older posts for clarification.

i also gave a few more examples which you never even attempted to rebut. never mind the fact that the childless romanian / bulgarian class is gets dominant feature in all my posts anyway. but you still go on to say its irrelevant. you have been asked to specifically state why its irrelevant. you have not done so. so stop lying. maybe you could deal with the other examples put to the debate. my feeling is that it could expose the possible self serving (understandable) hyprocrisy of your stance or even, a lack of understanding of what the ecj preach but unwittingly fail to do

"ohhhhh i see like u rein enforced with some of ur partial immigration colleagues to reply me last post?"

what does this mean? i am a bit lost, you referring to me suggesting that you should check the posts of the other sites to see that i am apparently not along on this issue? i was simply pointing out to the stupidity of you doing the same in the first place.

"Annoymonus or not am not scared and whatever i said aint allegations they were objections to u and some other dearly beloved officials in d department and i can bodly say this 2 their face if i was given d chance cos am a free man and u can also go back n tell them i told u so punk"

well, i am glad you are not scared, there is such thing as free speech. but be prepared to be ridiculed when you are in the so wrong, oh, and don't go running home screaming dearly beloved when thigs don't go your way. i really hoped that you enjoy the same freedom hear as you did back home. but by all means cheerish your rights. but maybe you should look at your country before decrying such remarks. ( i accept this might be unfair to generalise as you may not be from places that i assume that you are from, but you never disclose it) objections are not a problem. the problem is been accused by unqualified people to suggest interpretion of a law or an assumption that a law always was interpretted in a certain way when they are wrong.

punk? lay of the clint eastwood films. well its a shame that illegal immigrants did not have the same "courage" as you. that they would attend the gnib when called and not evade legal deportation orders (not related to zambrano)

they are allegations. its not dearly beloved to have an immigration procedures. liberty was taking of these in the 1990's by people who don't give a damn about this country yet wanted to wrap the flag around them for protection. many have given genuine asylum seekers a bad name and piss on the hassle other decent non eu people had by coming here legally by getting work permits. for the record, the department should be far more understanding to them. but that does not matter now with zambrano, for now that is.but continue to use those lines, you never know,some day (decade) someone other than the pc media, will take you seriously.
Now u r making a bit more sense here yes there is no way the respective Government of the Romanians and Bulgarians would allow such a thing to continue after 2014 am sure of that.

I do agree they r less favoured compared to the non-nationals that will be benefiting from the Zambrano but this was also how the Irish were less favoured compared to other Eu nationals under the Eu treaty, my question u didn answer previously was,is it right 4 other Eu citizen to ve more right than an Irish In ireland? if it;s right under the Eu law why is it that non-nationals having more right than the Romanians and Bulgarians which was indirectly made by the Ecj (Zambrano case) is not right under the same Eu law?

Thats where i think am getting the dearly beloved image of u, fine u might not be a dearly beloved but incase u dnt know ur posts r mixed with few relevant info and statements that potrays beloved.

The Ecj ruling favoured the non nationals and some Irish married to non nationals with Children and i strongly believe the Romanians and Bulgarians who had Irish children during the IBC whatever and of which their application for residency was refused due to some minor problem can now benefit from the Zambrano as well (as we both know not all parents of Irish citizen were given residency during the IBC)

The above line composed mainly the set of people which includes the Romanians and Bulgarians and please note on the long run Romanians and Bulgarians can benefit widely from the Zambrano if they r residing for example Ireland n have kids born there, the kids can become Irish Citizen 3-4 years according to the Irish Citizenship Law.

Now the above statement should be clear to you,cant you see not only the non nationals can benefit from Zambrano case?even the Romanians and Bulgarians can as well. I bet if the zambrano case only favoured the set of people i mentioned above exlcuding non nationals ur heart would have been filled up with so much joy.

New minister Alan Shatter even complained about the partiality of some decision maker in the DOJ when Dermot Ahern was in charge

find his statement on d link below

http://www.alanshatter.ie/?p=1597

I cry bitterly in me heart and same time glad you didnt work with the decision making unit when you were with the DOJ cos your decision would v been so harsh when it comes to proportionality and i bet my life if u were to be the minister,u would deport many non-national unlawfully with your so called strategies of facial discrimination,

U pretend to give relevant info but wisely use that opportunity to display your hatred for non nationals and many people dnt know see this yet cos they only read what you write but dont pay attention to the real MEANING of the things you write.

U know what?lets wait for the day the Ecj will rule against non nationals i.e all non-nationals should leave each of the member states,i can picture you already smiling and sayin to your self '' awwww i wish this could really happen) but u know what it will never happen lol

The Ecj (zambrano case)were wrong for interfering as you stated , if zambrano ruling went against non-nationals you wud have been like '' oh yeah the Ecj r f..king great,they r doing a good job.isn't that what u wud v been saying by now? U MAKE ME LAUGH SOMETIMES U KNOW
We are nothing but like pencil in the hands of our creator God Almighty

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:23 am

Morrisj wrote:
walrusgumble wrote:

Now u r making a bit more sense here yes there is no way the respective Government of the Romanians and Bulgarians would allow such a thing to continue after 2014 am sure of that.

I do agree they r less favoured compared to the non-nationals that will be benefiting from the Zambrano but this was also how the Irish were less favoured compared to other Eu nationals under the Eu treaty, my question u didn answer previously was,is it right 4 other Eu citizen to ve more right than an Irish In ireland? if it;s right under the Eu law why is it that non-nationals having more right than the Romanians and Bulgarians which was indirectly made by the Ecj (Zambrano case) is not right under the same Eu law?

Thats where i think am getting the dearly beloved image of u, fine u might not be a dearly beloved but incase u dnt know ur posts r mixed with few relevant info and statements that potrays beloved.

The Ecj ruling favoured the non nationals and some Irish married to non nationals with Children and i strongly believe the Romanians and Bulgarians who had Irish children during the IBC whatever and of which their application for residency was refused due to some minor problem can now benefit from the Zambrano as well (as we both know not all parents of Irish citizen were given residency during the IBC)

The above line composed mainly the set of people which includes the Romanians and Bulgarians and please note on the long run Romanians and Bulgarians can benefit widely from the Zambrano if they r residing for example Ireland n have kids born there, the kids can become Irish Citizen 3-4 years according to the Irish Citizenship Law.

Now the above statement should be clear to you,cant you see not only the non nationals can benefit from Zambrano case?even the Romanians and Bulgarians can as well. I bet if the zambrano case only favoured the set of people i mentioned above exlcuding non nationals ur heart would have been filled up with so much joy.

New minister Alan Shatter even complained about the partiality of some decision maker in the DOJ when Dermot Ahern was in charge

find his statement on d link below

http://www.alanshatter.ie/?p=1597

I cry bitterly in me heart and same time glad you didnt work with the decision making unit when you were with the DOJ cos your decision would v been so harsh when it comes to proportionality and i bet my life if u were to be the minister,u would deport many non-national unlawfully with your so called strategies of facial discrimination,

U pretend to give relevant info but wisely use that opportunity to display your hatred for non nationals and many people dnt know see this yet cos they only read what you write but dont pay attention to the real MEANING of the things you write.

U know what?lets wait for the day the Ecj will rule against non nationals i.e all non-nationals should leave each of the member states,i can picture you already smiling and sayin to your self '' awwww i wish this could really happen) but u know what it will never happen lol

The Ecj (zambrano case)were wrong for interfering as you stated , if zambrano ruling went against non-nationals you wud have been like '' oh yeah the Ecj r f..king great,they r doing a good job.isn't that what u wud v been saying by now? U MAKE ME LAUGH SOMETIMES U KNOW
If you were in front of me now. You were not the sharpish tool in school were you? Did you actually read anything that has been said? Or the politics.ie site which you love referring too? Can you tell the difference between romanians with children (i was NOT talking about them) to Romanians who don't have children but wish to come here (this is what I was talking about)

Why the feck did you not read the whole contributions of everyone's posts before belting out on a key pad? Stop acting the idiot. " oh you make sense"? Clown, we discussed that ages ago, if you are too lazy to read the posts of all in its entirity then do not comment. (that goes for the politics.ie site too, afterall, you raised it) hence there was not a need to drag the childless Romanian/Bulgarian issue up again. The deadline is 2014, but I would not be surprised if that is extended or the EU gives member states discretion as to what they want to do, just like what happened in 2004 when Poland and co joined. On that example to stupidity alone, your comments of matters being irrelevant could not be taken seriously. You have clearly entered a discussion with little or know understanding of the political and legal problems in the EU today.

There is no way? Why not? France (remember what the President did with the Roma people, who may have Romanian nationality) and Germany could very well raise the issue. Why was it in the first place? Why were there restrictions to the Polish when they joined? You don't know for certain. And you are completely missing the point.

Again you say its irrelevant. But you don't say why? Do you even know what was said? Let me break it down for you. THe EU is there for EU citizens. Before Chen, that would have expected to be adults. Then the baby tourism occurred and the EU dealt with this. Now, Zambrano basicially says, two parents from outside the EU (one of whom may never have entered the EU and never seen their child - this is fact - and has happened). THey have no connection with the EU. THey entered illegally (ie no passports) and make frivolous asylum claims (ju ju magic, shrines, FGM) The laws on citizenship were liberal. THe newly born child was born in an EU state and is now a citizen. Bang, Zambrano lets them stay even if they need the state to help them to raise the child. Afterall there are no jobs. Now compare this to the position of a German national. He comes to Ireland as expected by the laws dictating the conditions of this EU citizenship (directive 2004/38 EC) he works for 1 year. Sadly, he loses job. He now becomes a job searcher as allowed. He draws welfare as allowed. 2 years later he meets an Non EU. Her legal status is not relevant via Metock. THey marry. they have yet to have children. Her residency on the basis of marriage to a person with far more rights than the baby boom tourists, is refused because the eu man can't proove that he is self sufficient, self employed or working.

The question was, is not fair? By your defintition(and not mine), this is reverse discrimination. By your definition (and not mine) the EU is open to allow and we eu citizens have an absolute right to reside and work anywhere in the EU (actually, there are limits, but not excessive. I put it to you that the German (regardless of colour or original nationality - I am aware Germany has a strongish African community)The EU proudly announces to remove barriers and nationality is irrelevant. Yet look what they have done. You read the article from Maastrict University?

Returning to the Childless Romanian and Bulgarian issue. What valid objection could you possibly have? These non eu parents are not restricted from working. Yet if a young childless Bulgarian or Romanian wants to come here for more than 3 months, they need work permits. No good telling them, ah wait until 2014. Not only do we have discrimination of nationality but also of age and family status. Since 1998, most EU states have changed their laws as to automatic citizenship in order to stop the trend of baby tourism (thats the offical name by the way) The dogs on the street knows why. I am not complaining about the immigrant who enjoys this new right but the stupid ECJ and EU Council for not thinking this over. I am also complaining that this interpretation has never been put to the people via treaty admendments.

"I do agree they r less favoured compared to the non-nationals that will be benefiting from the Zambrano but this was also how the Irish were less favoured compared to other Eu nationals under the Eu treaty, my question u didn answer previously was,is it right 4 other Eu citizen to ve more right than an Irish In ireland? if it;s right under the Eu law why is it that non-nationals having more right than the Romanians and Bulgarians which was indirectly made by the Ecj (Zambrano case) is not right under the same Eu law?"

What are you talking about. Stop talking boll0xs. This is completely irrelevant.. How were the Irish less favoured under the Treaty? Ireland has their status proportionate to its size like other EU states. It allies with the UK for alot of issues. THe barometers for the past decade had shown that the Irish people trust the EU, It was consistently in the top 5 countries as pro europe. The current bail out issues has nothing to do with the topic we are talking about. The treaty gives us Irish the same rights as others if we move to another country. The approach you refer to was a domestic decision .The Irish government put that in place. THe irish approach was its own making. If any non eu was legal at the time of creating the family, whether marriage or child with an Irish citizen, they will get status. It was correct to stamp out engineering of non eu's facing deportation trying to engineer marriages etc after the deportation order. The irish did not ask for this EU intervention. Because it was an internal matter and not reverse discrimination. It was a further breach of our soverign laws which, this time, the EU had no express authority to touch. The Treaty states that the conditions on citizens are subject to conditions. Those conditions are Directive 2004/38 EC. Now we have this made up artifical judgment.

Word to the wise. Learn to write in English. You are not texting. I do not apologise for the comments. They are 100% factually true. I have told you to refer to the courts.ie and bailii.org and RAC, this is where the facts are coming from. You have a mental block of not understanding people demand adherance to immigration procedures. It has nothing to do with race, colour etc. It is true that some asylum seekers are liars and chancers and do give their country a bad name. Its fact. It is true the people came here with the attention of a new life and had a baby but instead of making work permits etc they made false claims for asylum. So stating facts is now beloved? I have said it before on another site, i do not care about one's colour /race. I would take this approach even if the person was a white catholic amercian with long lost irish family connection (but no citizenship)

"Ecj ruling favoured the non nationals and some Irish married to non nationals with Children and i strongly believe the Romanians and Bulgarians who had Irish children during the IBC whatever and of which their application for residency was refused due to some minor problem can now benefit from the Zambrano as well (as we both know not all parents of Irish citizen were given residency during the IBC)"

Yes that is correct, many Romanians claimed to be members of gyspie groups on asylum claims. They were here long before Nigerians became popular. But, here is where you are being irrelevant. On countless occassions i don't just say Bulgarian/ Romanian. I say childless Bulgarian Romanian. So please stop acting so bloody stupid. The distinction was made clear from day one. (to make simple distinction between r and b with children and r and b who don't have children. Please note. R=Romanian. B= Bulgarain. I assume you know what it means to be childless) You have had the arrogance to talk about others being irrelevant. Why don't you attempt to understand what's being said before coming across like some self appointed expert.

I bet if the zambrano case only favoured the set of people i mentioned above exlcuding non nationals ur heart would have been filled up with so much joy.

Not really, the Romanian and Bulgarians were top of the asylum candidate list with Nigerians before 2004. They too took advantage of the liberal citizenship laws knowing full well that international asylum law would kick them out until asylum. Again its a case that procedures where abused. I do not care what there nationality was. For you to raise such a statement smacks of defensiveness and your own "look after youself mentality"

"pretend to give relevant info but wisely use that opportunity to display your hatred for non nationals and many people dnt know see this yet cos they only read what you write but dont pay attention to the real MEANING of the things you write."

pretend? The information hits the hail on the head. Check the facts for yourself. go to the sites. I hate you. Not because of your background (your irish for all i know or care) but because you come across as an idiot and self serving hyprocrite. heil.

Where are you from? Your country men tolerant towards your fellow tribes/country men. How is relgious tolerance in your country? trust in government? Treatment of people of other colours? What about you, really? Your response and avoidance of home truths says alot about you.

Before parading about Shatter, lets see how he performs. One does not, genuinely, that he keeps his pro jewish israeli attitude (feel free to check his history) to himself and not prejudice those of muslim faith and or from places like Palestine or Somalia.

"The Ecj (zambrano case)were wrong for interfering as you stated , if zambrano ruling went against non-nationals you wud have been like '' oh yeah the Ecj r f..king great,they r doing a good job.isn't that what u wud v been saying by now? U MAKE ME LAUGH SOMETIMES U KNOW"

It would be doing its job you prat. It does not have competence to make judgments on this area. How does it make you laugh. I would have been satisfied with the outcome. I also would not have problems if the correct court (in this instances ), The Irish High Court and Irish Supreme Court had ruled in favour of the Immigrant. I can't say you make me laugh. I just feel really sorry for you. The point is that the appropriate jurisdiction for dictating this was the irish courts and irish government. Not the eu. A point that i have been banging on about since this debate started.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:07 pm

I doubt it if he go on regarding his pro Israeli agenda as you call it. He is a minister for justice of Irish state where he has responsibility to the Irish people and its residents. Maybe you are refering to his current stance on Israeli raid on Gaza when Sinn Fein tabled a motion in Dail, Mind you Lucinda loud mouth Creighton also went against it. BTW Whatever he do or symphatise personally is his own business. Its like saying that sports minister Varadkar has Indian affiliation so bye bye to GAA and here goes a full cricket pitch in Croke Park or Pairc Ui Chaoimh.

Zambrano ruling is a long time coming and a blessing for the safety of young EU nationals (wether brit / irish or belgian or any EU) who cannot defend themselves. To give their parents permission to stay and contribute to the society within EU is a welcoming thingy not a burden. Zambrano himself where got a chance himself worked so fair play to him, he broke the law yes but desperate time called for desparate measures he went out got a job and supported his family and young belgian who he is raising under all those pressure cooker environment.

Its a pain in the backside for the Irish govt because GNIB no doubt went gung ho when deporting and not giving a toss about the young irish who were deported simply because they were not carrying the surnames kelly oconnor etc. and merely looked as another one of those asylum seekers kids who happen to be lucky to got irish nationality, thats where the state is wrong BIG TIME.

Ireland and literally all EU nations have made the nationality law tough, cant be anymore tougher than that. as far as baby trade/shopping or whatever it is called it won't happen anymore because a parent or parents of the newborn has to be a national or regularized for the baby to become national hence Zambrano rule to kick in for the safety of the non national parents/baby. as far as the ones who are deported, it was wrong act and i repeat WRONG act. Hence Shatter making or hopefully will be making arrangements to bring them back to clean up the legacy of the last inept govt.

Morrisj
- thin ice -

Post by Morrisj » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:01 am

walrusgumble

If you were in front of me now. You were not the sharpish tool in school were you? Did you actually read anything that has been said? Or the politics.ie site

which you love referring too? Can you tell the difference between romanians with children (i was NOT talking about them) to Romanians who don't have children

but wish to come here (this is what I was talking about)

Why the feck did you not read the whole contributions of everyone's posts before belting out on a key pad? Stop acting the idiot. " oh you make sense"?

Clown, we discussed that ages ago, if you are too lazy to read the posts of all in its entirity then do not comment. (that goes for the politics.ie site too,

afterall, you raised it) hence there was not a need to drag the childless Romanian/Bulgarian issue up again. The deadline is 2014, but I would not be

surprised if that is extended or the EU gives member states discretion as to what they want to do, just like what happened in 2004 when Poland and co joined.

On that example to stupidity alone, your comments of matters being irrelevant could not be taken seriously. You have clearly entered a discussion with little

or know understanding of the political and legal problems in the EU today.

There is no way? Why not? France (remember what the President did with the Roma people, who may have Romanian nationality) and Germany could very well raise

the issue. Why was it in the first place? Why were there restrictions to the Polish when they joined? You don't know for certain. And you are completely

missing the point.

Morris

NO wasnt the sharpish tool in school but i am trying and i like it this way incase you wanna add that to ur surname and make it very long thats good for u.

U can also tell Obama as well am nt the sharpish tool hahahahaha and i cnt rmrbr me saying i was an expert,well for ur information i am no expert am just a moron as u said that goes completely mental when pretenders like u display disgusting image.

Childless Romanian/Bulgarians or not,bringing it up is wholly unreasonable,look at the topic again,although u wrote it as ''zambrabo''i guess who didnt have the time to write the correct name cos they r non nationals. Anyways why should i read on everyone's post before replying your cunny post? is ur brain so weak to the extent of not realizing our conversation differs from public post? It was a topic u created yourself and everyone was meant to contribute i.e creating some kind of brain storming about how the Zambrano Judgement would have impact in Ireland and people seeking residence under the ruling.

Just as people started making relevant comments u started first with your restrictive interpretation of the ruling then i brought up the unfair decisions made by the DOJ and also made a clarification about Judge Cooke,which u also confirmed it could be possible then you brought the Romanian and Bulgarian which i didnt agree with you and made ojections.

You started with non national and Romanians/Bulgarians but after many objections from me,you said you u were actually speaking of asylum seekers from 1998-2004?then you went on posting about how the ECJ messed up making such a ruling (Zambrano) and i brought up the welfare of the children and you stated

( Keep your emotions out of the matter. "think of the children" the law aint suppose to have emotions and don't lecture me about my views, I am sure that your country are not much use on children's rights. The children are also citizens of those parents countries and their human rights will mostly be protected there. to suggest others despite clear evidence is a tad bit dearly beloved.)

We also had few arguements about the previous goverment/DOJ of which you were supporting them according to your comments which was obvious. Just to show you how things work for good, if Dermot Ahern was still the minister would he have made such a reasonable decision like Shatter did regarding the Zambrano? you know very well Dermot would prefer waiting for the court's interpretation and it's obvious u r a fan of Dermot as your comment supports his view of reasoning.

Dermot would have prefer to wait for Judge Cooke not being man enough to reason for himself leaving eligible families waiting and who knows what Judge would have came up with?

It's clear you are not happy with Alan Shatter making a good step regarding zambrano because your steps and comments are like that of Dermot Ahern and Alan Shatter doesn't agree with Dermot and the past goverment legislation. Since you said the zambrano is an Artificial Judgement because non nationals benefit more blablablabla, are you indirectly saying Alan Shatter is implementing an Artificial Judgement in Ireland and he doesn't know what is doing?

Alan Shatter is a brainy man with good sense of humour and the way he thinks is better than yours and the previous minister, he knew the implications if they decide to wait for the Court ruling which could be classified as a normal legal protocol but he chose not to wait for the court because he knew the interpretation and effect of zambrano,he took immediate action (to protect tax payers,to avoid eligible families waiting and welfare of the children). Does this mean he won't ensure safeguard of the immigration system from getting abused? of course he will ensure the immigration system is protected from abuse,he said that already and he also explained the Citizenship law. Now was that not easy?

Look at what Dermot would have done,wait for the court's interpretation,keep families waiting for years,probably win the cases or some in the High court if Judge Cooke was to be d judge for the hearing because he did gave them the impression that they could ammend the ruling to their own way,defo gonna be taken to the supreme courts by various applicants, immigrant council and other organization,at the end of the day the state will loose again. Where does that lead to? taxpayers and the funniest thing is,the cost for breach n damage would have been enough to accommodate the parents of Irish Citizen Children who where unlawfully deported or refused residency.

Now tell me who is not following up the posts on this thread?

walrusgumble

Word to the wise. Learn to write in English. You are not texting. I do not apologise for the comments. They are 100% factually true. I have told you to refer

to the courts.ie and bailii.org and RAC, this is where the facts are coming from. You have a mental block of not understanding people demand adherance to

immigration procedures. It has nothing to do with race, colour etc. It is true that some asylum seekers are liars and chancers and do give their country a

bad name. Its fact. It is true the people came here with the attention of a new life and had a baby but instead of making work permits etc they made false

claims for asylum. So stating facts is now beloved? I have said it before on another site, i do not care about one's colour /race. I would take this approach

even if the person was a white catholic amercian with long lost irish family connection (but no citizenship)

Morris

lol u never told me this was official haha write in English,am nt texting? i cant rmrbr if this was an Exam or a job application but all i know u do

understand what am writing or r u trying 2 bring up English to Zambrano this time ha

walrusgumble

It would be doing its job you prat. It does not have competence to make judgments on this area. How does it make you laugh. I would have been satisfied with

the outcome. I also would not have problems if the correct court (in this instances ), The Irish High Court and Irish Supreme Court had ruled in favour of

the Immigrant. I can't say you make me laugh. I just feel really sorry for you. The point is that the appropriate jurisdiction for dictating this was the

irish courts and irish government. Not the eu. A point that i have been banging on about since this debate started.
Where are you from? Your country men tolerant towards your fellow tribes/country men. How is relgious tolerance in your country? trust in government?

Treatment of people of other colours? What about you, really? Your response and avoidance of home truths says alot about you.

Morris
Ireland should withdraw from the EU so that the ECJ won't have the power to tell them what to do simple since they dnt like the law they make but enjoy the money they get from them and as i rmrbr hw many Irish r in U.S illegally?hw many Irish were involved in a visa fraud in Australia?hw many times did the previous government and the new minister who was fine gael spokesman as at then visit the U.S to lobby a change of status to illegal Irish and its like u still havent realized that both the High Court and Supreme Court erred in the cases regarding Irish Children.

If u r nt happy with Zambrano case that means u r saying the state was right for deporting parents of Irish citizen or even Irish citizen Children who were also deported innit? yes is ur answer but do u know the last judgment from the supreme court created 1st class irish children and second class and even third class?
Last edited by Morrisj on Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Morrisj
- thin ice -

Post by Morrisj » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:11 am

fatty patty wrote:I doubt it if he go on regarding his pro Israeli agenda as you call it. He is a minister for justice of Irish state where he has responsibility to the Irish people and its residents. Maybe you are refering to his current stance on Israeli raid on Gaza when Sinn Fein tabled a motion in Dail, Mind you Lucinda loud mouth Creighton also went against it. BTW Whatever he do or symphatise personally is his own business. Its like saying that sports minister Varadkar has Indian affiliation so bye bye to GAA and here goes a full cricket pitch in Croke Park or Pairc Ui Chaoimh.

Zambrano ruling is a long time coming and a blessing for the safety of young EU nationals (wether brit / irish or belgian or any EU) who cannot defend themselves. To give their parents permission to stay and contribute to the society within EU is a welcoming thingy not a burden. Zambrano himself where got a chance himself worked so fair play to him, he broke the law yes but desperate time called for desparate measures he went out got a job and supported his family and young belgian who he is raising under all those pressure cooker environment.

Its a pain in the backside for the Irish govt because GNIB no doubt went gung ho when deporting and not giving a toss about the young irish who were deported simply because they were not carrying the surnames kelly oconnor etc. and merely looked as another one of those asylum seekers kids who happen to be lucky to got irish nationality, thats where the state is wrong BIG TIME.

Ireland and literally all EU nations have made the nationality law tough, cant be anymore tougher than that. as far as baby trade/shopping or whatever it is called it won't happen anymore because a parent or parents of the newborn has to be a national or regularized for the baby to become national hence Zambrano rule to kick in for the safety of the non national parents/baby. as far as the ones who are deported, it was wrong act and i repeat WRONG act. Hence Shatter making or hopefully will be making arrangements to bring them back to clean up the legacy of the last inept govt.
Exactlyyyyyyyyy,this is what i have been trying to make Mr walrusgumble 2 understand but his cunny itch for non nationals wont allow him 2 understand,his view is like the previous minister so automatically means walrusgumble doesn't like what Alan shatter is doing and we all know very well Mr shatter is doing a great Job.

I wonder if Dermot had family cos he has no respect for family ,breaking up family doesn bother him,Alan shatter is different,hes a family man with respect for family law.

Its clear will have people with the wicked hearts and people with good heart

compare Alan shatter 2 Dermot
compare Hogan J to Judge Cooke

Alan shatter and Hogan J share same view why Judge Cooke and Dermot share thesame view if nt working together.

I repeat an immigration system can be protected from abuse without harsh or unreasonable decision when it comes to immigrants

Thanks for making this clearer for walrusgumble didnt know hw to put it simple for him as u did here

Morrisj
- thin ice -

Post by Morrisj » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:24 am

[quote=

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:39 pm

fatty patty wrote:I doubt it if he go on regarding his pro Israeli agenda as you call it. He is a minister for justice of Irish state where he has responsibility to the Irish people and its residents. Maybe you are refering to his current stance on Israeli raid on Gaza when Sinn Fein tabled a motion in Dail, Mind you Lucinda loud mouth Creighton also went against it. BTW Whatever he do or symphatise personally is his own business. Its like saying that sports minister Varadkar has Indian affiliation so bye bye to GAA and here goes a full cricket pitch in Croke Park or Pairc Ui Chaoimh.

There is no maybe about it Patty.

Alan Shatter TD has a long history of obstructing and shouting down any Dáil Committees or other public representatives, media from making any adverse comment against Israel even when the facts are clear that Israel (like Palestine) have been infringing human rights laws and/or when they were fair comments. Like many of immigrants, he uses the race card and screams (yes screams) X , Y and Z is somehow anti semetic. He made headlines in the 1980's when the Dáil complained (and considered boycotts) when Israeli forces unprovokely (possibly not intentionally) attacked and killed Irish UN PeaceKeeping Soliders in the Lebanon. One man had the power to do this. Alan Shatter is well known as Ireland's Israeli appologist, akin to even Adams for the IRA. (only Shatter never held a gun or supported violence)

"Whatever he do or symphatise personally is his own business"

Not whilst he is a public representative, and definitely not whilst a Minister.

"Its like saying that sports minister Varadkar has Indian affiliation so bye bye to GAA and here goes a full cricket pitch in Croke Park or Pairc Ui Chaoimh."

How? That has got to be one (first) of the most extremely stupid comparision or statements made by you. I am surprised.

You clearly are not aware of Shatter are you? You suggesting Varadkar would seen publicly refusing to condem his fellow nationals regarding violence in say Kashmir? Shatter is as bad as the "Republican whataboutery" so hated by his party, when Israel is discussed (look i know that place is not all one sided) I don't recall V doing this. Just remember it is Shatter who is minister for jsutice and who will consider humantiarian applications from people in places like Palestine. One hope he does not prejudice any one simply on the basis of his own personal view.

Secondly, you are clearly not aware of the GAA constitution and the fact that the government can not dictate what sport is to be played at Croke Park

Yes his opinions he is entitled too. But he should keep them to himself and remind himself that his passport is that of Ireland. Or at least refrain from ramming his opinion down the throat of a substantial amount who disagree with him. I do not wish to side track the issue. I simply needed to respond to your comment. He is an excellent lawyer and very capable. I am sure he will do a good job.

"contribute to the society within EU is a welcoming thingy not a burden"
"he broke the law yes but desperate time called for desparate measures he went out got a job and supported his family and young belgian who he is raising under all those pressure cooker environment."

In theory yes, but in reality, the parents , many of them under IBC, have been burdens. At least tougher nationality laws might not entice them to break the laws and get rewarded. Right, so you appauled a person taking a job that they are not entitled to and possibly deprive another legal eu citizen and legal non eu's? What is the point in having work permit systems and immigration laws then ?(Non EU contributors, don't dare follow up responding on that one, it risks smelling of hyprocisy as your country people would not react kindly if it happened to them)

"Its a pain in the backside for the Irish govt because GNIB no doubt went gung ho when deporting and not giving a toss about the young irish who were deported simply because they were not carrying the surnames kelly oconnor etc. and merely looked as another one of those asylum seekers kids who happen to be lucky to got irish nationality, thats where the state is wrong BIG TIME. "

It was the state who issued the deportation orders in the first place and the courts upheld them. Maybe you should look at your own country too , maybe write a strongly worded letter (who saw the old carlserberg ad featuring the three 3 irish football managers) (i keep assuming you are British) Nevermind, Zambrano sorts that out.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:50 pm

Morrisj wrote:

Exactlyyyyyyyyy,this is what i have been trying to make Mr walrusgumble 2 understand but his cunny itch for non nationals wont allow him 2 understand,his view is like the previous minister so automatically means walrusgumble doesn't like what Alan shatter is doing and we all know very well Mr shatter is doing a great Job.

I wonder if Dermot had family cos he has no respect for family ,breaking up family doesn bother him,Alan shatter is different,hes a family man with respect for family law.

Alan shatter and Hogan J share same view why Judge Cooke and Dermot share thesame view if nt working together.

I repeat an immigration system can be protected from abuse without harsh or unreasonable decision when it comes to immigrants

Thanks for making this clearer for walrusgumble didnt know hw to put it simple for him as u did here
Sorry what are you trying to do? You are talking hot air. I am not criticising Shatter. If he saves money by giving out decisions now as oppose to challenge all the cases, which many would win ala Zambrano, then fine. Yes he is doing a good job. He has said he would not take such an immediate approach towards people with serious convictions. THis will be a matter for clarification at the ECJ. Which again is fair enough. Its only a reference and not a challenge or an attempt to restrict zambrano per se. You will note above, Patty was talking gibberish there. (for once lol)

Your first two paragraphs is break takingly stupid i won't even bother. Always hiding behind the family unit cloak eh?

"I repeat an immigration system can be protected from abuse without harsh or unreasonable decision when it comes to immigrants"

Its a bit too late in the day for that. But, alas, the loopholes have tightened. Just remember though, Irish immigration systems are there for the support and protection of the Irish State and the public common good and not for immigrants and or an individual person (whether a citizen or not)

Morrisj
- thin ice -

Post by Morrisj » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:48 pm

walrusgumble wrote:
Morrisj wrote:

Sorry what are you trying to do? You are talking hot air. I am not criticising Shatter. If he saves money by giving out decisions now as oppose to challenge all the cases, which many would win ala Zambrano, then fine. Yes he is doing a good job. He has said he would not take such an immediate approach towards people with serious convictions. THis will be a matter for clarification at the ECJ. Which again is fair enough. Its only a reference and not a challenge or an attempt to restrict zambrano per se. You will note above, Patty was talking gibberish there. (for once lol)

Your first two paragraphs is break takingly stupid i won't even bother. Always hiding behind the family unit cloak eh?

"I repeat an immigration system can be protected from abuse without harsh or unreasonable decision when it comes to immigrants"

Its a bit too late in the day for that. But, alas, the loopholes have tightened. Just remember though, Irish immigration systems are there for the support and protection of the Irish State and the public common good and not for immigrants and or an individual person (whether a citizen or not)
U r a f..king eejit hope u know,like u find pleasure confusing urself

precise u only had the time 2 reply my additional comment i made on patty's post what about my previous post?there r questions for u there to clarify,did u intentionally ignore it?or u finally realized u r d one not following up with d posts on this thread?

Dnt use what Shatter is doing or had done in Israel to describe what he is doing and who he is in Ireland presently,u r just trying 2 make things up because i know u r nt happy with his announcement even if u pretend to, u wudv wanted him 2 do what the former minister Dermot Ahern would have done i.e waiting for the court interpretation keeping families waiting and all with all kind of restrictive interpretation.

The state was very wrong deporting parents of irish citizen children simple and the previous goverment,doj and other judges like Judge Cooke erred completely for allowing such thing 2 happen simple so what u trying 2 cover that up for by saying zambrano ruling is unfair and the ECJ are interfering blablablalbla

My question now is would Dermot have done what Alan is doing now?u know u wouldn't and would u have supported his view?i mean the view of Dermot?

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:24 pm

Morrisj wrote:walrusgumble

If you were in front of me now. You were not the sharpish tool in school were you? Did you actually read anything that has been said? Or the politics.ie site

which you love referring too? Can you tell the difference between romanians with children (i was NOT talking about them) to Romanians who don't have children

Why the feck did you not read the whole contributions of everyone's posts before belting out on a key pad? Stop acting the idiot. " oh you make sense"?

Clown, we discussed that ages ago, if you are too lazy to read the posts of all in its entirity then do not comment. (that goes for the politics.ie site too,

afterall, you raised it) hence there was not a need to drag the childless Romanian/Bulgarian issue up again. The deadline is 2014, but I would not be

surprised if that is extended or the EU gives member states discretion as to what they want to do, just like what happened in 2004 when Poland and co joined.

On that example to stupidity alone, your comments of matters being irrelevant could not be taken seriously. You have clearly entered a discussion with little

There is no way? Why not? France (remember what the President did with the Roma people, who may have Romanian nationality) and Germany could very well raise

the issue. Why was it in the first place? Why were there restrictions to the Polish when they joined? You don't know for certain. And you are completely

missing the point.

Morris

NO wasnt the sharpish tool in school but i am trying and i like it this way incase you wanna add that to ur surname and make it very long thats good for u.

U can also tell Obama as well am nt the sharpish tool hahahahaha and i cnt rmrbr me saying i was an expert,well for ur information i am no expert am just a moron as u said that goes completely mental when pretenders like u display disgusting image.

Childless Romanian/Bulgarians or not,bringing it up is wholly unreasonable,look at the topic again,although u wrote it as ''zambrabo''i guess who didnt have the time to write the correct name cos they r non nationals. Anyways why should i read on everyone's post before replying your cunny post? is ur brain so weak to the extent of not realizing our conversation differs from public post? It was a topic u created yourself and everyone was meant to contribute i.e creating some kind of brain storming about how the Zambrano Judgement would have impact in Ireland and people seeking residence under the ruling.

Just as people started making relevant comments u started first with your restrictive interpretation of the ruling then i brought up the unfair decisions made by the DOJ and also made a clarification about Judge Cooke,which u also confirmed it could be possible then you brought the Romanian and Bulgarian which i didnt agree with you and made ojections.

You started with non national and Romanians/Bulgarians but after many objections from me,you said you u were actually speaking of asylum seekers from 1998-2004?then you went on posting about how the ECJ messed up making such a ruling (Zambrano) and i brought up the welfare of the children and you stated

( Keep your emotions out of the matter. "think of the children" the law aint suppose to have emotions and don't lecture me about my views, I am sure that your country are not much use on children's rights. The children are also citizens of those parents countries and their human rights will mostly be protected there. to suggest others despite clear evidence is a tad bit dearly beloved.)

We also had few arguements about the previous goverment/DOJ of which you were supporting them according to your comments which was obvious. Just to show you how things work for good, if Dermot Ahern was still the minister would he have made such a reasonable decision like Shatter did regarding the Zambrano? you know very well Dermot would prefer waiting for the court's interpretation and it's obvious u r a fan of Dermot as your comment supports his view of reasoning.

Dermot would have prefer to wait for Judge Cooke not being man enough to reason for himself leaving eligible families waiting and who knows what Judge would have came up with?

It's clear you are not happy with Alan Shatter making a good step regarding zambrano because your steps and comments are like that of Dermot Ahern and Alan Shatter doesn't agree with Dermot and the past goverment legislation. Since you said the zambrano is an Artificial Judgement because non nationals benefit more blablablabla, are you indirectly saying Alan Shatter is implementing an Artificial Judgement in Ireland and he doesn't know what is doing?

Alan Shatter is a brainy man with good sense of humour and the way he thinks is better than yours and the previous minister, he knew the implications if they decide to wait for the Court ruling which could be classified as a normal legal protocol but he chose not to wait for the court because he knew the interpretation and effect of zambrano,he took immediate action (to protect tax payers,to avoid eligible families waiting and welfare of the children). Does this mean he won't ensure safeguard of the immigration system from getting abused? of course he will ensure the immigration system is protected from abuse,he said that already and he also explained the Citizenship law. Now was that not easy?

Look at what Dermot would have done,wait for the court's interpretation,keep families waiting for years,probably win the cases or some in the High court if Judge Cooke was to be d judge for the hearing because he did gave them the impression that they could ammend the ruling to their own way,defo gonna be taken to the supreme courts by various applicants, immigrant council and other organization,at the end of the day the state will loose again. Where does that lead to? taxpayers and the funniest thing is,the cost for breach n damage would have been enough to accommodate the parents of Irish Citizen Children who where unlawfully deported or refused residency.

walrusgumble

Word to the wise. Learn to write in English. You are not texting. I do not apologise for the comments. They are 100% factually true. I have told you to refer

to the courts.ie and bailii.org and RAC, this is where the facts are coming from. You have a mental block of not understanding people demand adherance to

immigration procedures. It has nothing to do with race, colour etc. It is true that some asylum seekers are liars and chancers and do give their country a

bad name. Its fact. It is true the people came here with the attention of a new life and had a baby but instead of making work permits etc they made false

claims for asylum. So stating facts is now beloved? I have said it before on another site, i do not care about one's colour /race. I would take this approach

even if the person was a white catholic amercian with long lost irish family connection (but no citizenship)

Morris

lol u never told me this was official haha write in English,am nt texting? i cant rmrbr if this was an Exam or a job application but all i know u do

understand what am writing or r u trying 2 bring up English to Zambrano this time ha

walrusgumble

It would be doing its job you prat. It does not have competence to make judgments on this area. How does it make you laugh. I would have been satisfied with

the outcome. I also would not have problems if the correct court (in this instances ), The Irish High Court and Irish Supreme Court had ruled in favour of

the Immigrant. I can't say you make me laugh. I just feel really sorry for you. The point is that the appropriate jurisdiction for dictating this was the

irish courts and irish government. Not the eu. A point that i have been banging on about since this debate started.
Where are you from? Your country men tolerant towards your fellow tribes/country men. How is relgious tolerance in your country? trust in government?

Treatment of people of other colours? What about you, really? Your response and avoidance of home truths says alot about you.

Morris
Ireland should withdraw from the EU so that the ECJ won't have the power to tell them what to do simple since they dnt like the law they make but enjoy the money they get from them and as i rmrbr hw many Irish r in U.S illegally?hw many Irish were involved in a visa fraud in Australia?hw many times did the previous government and the new minister who was fine gael spokesman as at then visit the U.S to lobby a change of status to illegal Irish and its like u still havent realized that both the High Court and Supreme Court erred in the cases regarding Irish Children.

If u r nt happy with Zambrano case that means u r saying the state was right for deporting parents of Irish citizen or even Irish citizen Children who were also deported innit? yes is ur answer but do u know the last judgment from the supreme court created 1st class irish children and second class and even third class?
That was difficult to read. Look, if you are not the sharpish tool in the box then you should refrain from commenting on the accuracy or correctness of someone's else's interpretation of the law. What I have stated regarding the law prior to Zambrano is correct. So its not "my" restictive interpretation. It was allowed by the EU. To be honest, most EU citizens know what the position was before Zambrano. It is clear that those who claim that the interpretation on citizens given by Zambrano was ALWAYS there are immigrants. If it was always there this rule would have arise in 2004 via Chen v UK. (even there, one needed to be self sufficient)

It is not irrelevant or wrong to raise other cases such as Romanian or the german national (one i gave). If you can not understand,you should refrain from commenting. If the truth hurts then don't go commenting. And don't use the same tried old trusted dearly beloved tag line when you have nothing to say back. No one is going to tolerate it. You wreck of self interest on this and is hardly qualified to provide a non bias view. You have distorted the facts severely and have failed to rebut but of the objections you have raised. You claim to care about equality and "reverse Discrimination", but in truth you do not give a damn as long as you have your rights sorted. You clear see no problem with the potential discrimination it causes to other cases involving other adult EU nationals who have a probably birth right to live here/europe than you. (ie discrimination on family status, age, nationality) Again, if you are unwilling to get your head around these issues then do not comment. You have clearly proven that you are not in a position to dictate what is relevant or not.

You have not even the capability to specifically state why its irrelevant to bring them up. Come on lets see the mask of self interest slide. You probably do not have a valid reason to say that its irrelevant to discuss the two clear cases that I have given which seem to give them less powers than non EU's (yes ok, the power comes from EU minor, but that is not really the de facto position)

It is of no surprise that Africa, Europe and Asia are in the state they are in with people like you. If you were capable of reading, the domininating criticism from me was that the EU have gone severely against legal precedent in this case and have gone beyond the comptence of the EU Treaty. This interpretation is certaintly not the interpretation most Irish people (and clearly of French & Dutch refusal of Constitution) want. It is another sign of supranational federation . No one really wants this, particularily not the small countries (except Belgium - or as Nigel Farge says a non entity) The ECJ did not have a right to interfere on the notion of Free movement. This was an internal matter, and not neccesarily reverse discrimination. I have clearly stated that I would not have had any problems with the result had it come from the correct courts - Irish Supreme Court.

For my personal view, I have difficulty seeing that some of these children are Irish citizens in the first place. It has nothing to do with their background, honestly. Its to do with the lack of connection their parents had with the country, (some mothers were merely a week inIreland before giving birth. isn't it dangerous and not medically advisable for heavily pregnant women to fly ?) and my belief that it was obtained by an abuse or even fraud of the asylum laws by some of the parents. This was the evident feeling amongst the majority of those who sought for the citizenship laws change. Its no surprise that the Belgians have done similar since Zambrano opinion. However, those whose non parents came in legally, I have no problems. with. Despite my opinion, I would have accepted the results from the Supreme Court.

Oh, by the way, any preceived hostility towards certain nationalities is not because of their background. Ireland has a long and postive history in some places like Nigeria and the Congo. EG Catholic Missionaries/Teachers/Peace Keeping mission for UN) But because there is extensive country of origin information to suggest that these countries are not ones that one can not get protection from somewhere even an NGO. Thats the problem and it has taken millions out of the exchequer .People are also angery that despite the limitation of High Court proceedings, applicants bring unsuccessful claims despite having a chicken and bull story. It costs the state thousands in each case and the applicant never rarely pays the state if he looses. This is really unfair as they rarely pay any legal fees to bring a high court case. Yet any legal person who is involved in say divorce may have huge difficulties in paying thousands for legal fees if they are €5 over the limit for legal aid. They have for an application, they got fairly treated (well better than some EU states, they were not treated like prisoners as seen in Holland) They are deemed safe to return home. That should be it. Why should they be able to engineer. Anyway, the rules have changed, move on.

Talking about the specific issues, I am fully aware of the facts of a number of cases. I have no sympathy for the fathers who failed to be part of the child's life for a period of over 3 years (why the delay in coming to Ireland and getting in easily via asylum application, after all the state will pay your accomodation and food - its measily i accept, but better than nothing) Even those absent, some never sent a penny to the mother and child (even if working in Nigeria/ business) , fathers who have been involved in serious crime in Ireland (more than the petty stuff)

Funny you never answered by question as to how your country would treat eu people or if the shoe was on the other foot how would your country threat non nationals. what's your country's relationship like with your neighbouring countries?

"Ireland should withdraw from the EU so that the ECJ won't have the power to tell them what to do simple since they dnt like the law they make but enjoy the money they get from them and as i rmrbr hw many Irish r in U.S illegally?hw many Irish were involved in a visa fraud in Australia?hw many times did the previous government and the new minister who was fine gael spokesman as at then visit the U.S to lobby a change of status to illegal Irish and its like u still havent realized that both the High Court and Supreme Court erred in the cases regarding Irish Children."

THe EU is not suppose to be a dictatorship. Let the EU put this in legislation. Let them put it on specific treaty basis and it could be refused by the Irish people. Disent is allowed when the French or even a populous country like Poland sneaze. Yet when a smaller country rares its head (eg Lisbon1 - Giving the exact answer which the French and Dutch gave with he Constitution, which is very similar to L1) its dictated to. You seem to have a difficulty with the word instituional competence. Ireland could always do a Norway and stay in the EEA. Who quickly do you think other EU States would embrace all of the Non EU people allowed to stay in Ireland via EU law, if Ireland left the EU and kicked these people out? (Now we are getting to irrelevant stuff, but I am merely responding to your statements)

What has the Irish in America got to do with it? What does it achieve? I for one am against tbreaking laws. What America does is there business (I keep asking about your country because i would be certain enough, that like Ireland, your people are not in a position to pontificate) Lets actually ask the more important question: THere is a major difference with illegal irish in the US and other illegal nationalities such as Mexicans in the eyes of the US. There is also a major difference between Irish illegals in the US and illegal non Irish in Ireland. Why there is such a public acceptance / happiness of politicians to assist the illegal irish cause in the American Political Houses? It can't be because many US politicans are half Irish,. It cant't be the old predictable skin colour shi*.

Morrisj
- thin ice -

Post by Morrisj » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:05 pm

walrusgumble wrote:
Morrisj wrote:walrusgumble

missing the point.

Morris

walrusgumble

Morris

walrusgumble

Morris

That was difficult to read. Look, if you are not the sharpish tool in the box then you should refrain from commenting on the accuracy or correctness of someone's else's interpretation of the law. What I have stated regarding the law prior to Zambrano is correct. So its not "my" restictive interpretation. It was allowed by the EU. To be honest, most EU citizens know what the position was before Zambrano. It is clear that those who claim that the interpretation on citizens given by Zambrano was ALWAYS there are immigrants. If it was always there this rule would have arise in 2004 via Chen v UK. (even there, one needed to be self sufficient)

It is not irrelevant or wrong to raise other cases such as Romanian or the german national (one i gave). If you can not understand,you should refrain from commenting. If the truth hurts then don't go commenting. And don't use the same tried old trusted dearly beloved tag line when you have nothing to say back. No one is going to tolerate it. You wreck of self interest on this and is hardly qualified to provide a non bias view. You have distorted the facts severely and have failed to rebut but of the objections you have raised. You claim to care about equality and "reverse Discrimination", but in truth you do not give a damn as long as you have your rights sorted. You clear see no problem with the potential discrimination it causes to other cases involving other adult EU nationals who have a probably birth right to live here/europe than you. (ie discrimination on family status, age, nationality) Again, if you are unwilling to get your head around these issues then do not comment. You have clearly proven that you are not in a position to dictate what is relevant or not.

You have not even the capability to specifically state why its irrelevant to bring them up. Come on lets see the mask of self interest slide. You probably do not have a valid reason to say that its irrelevant to discuss the two clear cases that I have given which seem to give them less powers than non EU's (yes ok, the power comes from EU minor, but that is not really the de facto position)

It is of no surprise that Africa, Europe and Asia are in the state they are in with people like you. If you were capable of reading, the domininating criticism from me was that the EU have gone severely against legal precedent in this case and have gone beyond the comptence of the EU Treaty. This interpretation is certaintly not the interpretation most Irish people (and clearly of French & Dutch refusal of Constitution) want. It is another sign of supranational federation . No one really wants this, particularily not the small countries (except Belgium - or as Nigel Farge says a non entity) The ECJ did not have a right to interfere on the notion of Free movement. This was an internal matter, and not neccesarily reverse discrimination. I have clearly stated that I would not have had any problems with the result had it come from the correct courts - Irish Supreme Court.

For my personal view, I have difficulty seeing that some of these children are Irish citizens in the first place. It has nothing to do with their background, honestly. Its to do with the lack of connection their parents had with the country, (some mothers were merely a week inIreland before giving birth. isn't it dangerous and not medically advisable for heavily pregnant women to fly ?) and my belief that it was obtained by an abuse or even fraud of the asylum laws by some of the parents. This was the evident feeling amongst the majority of those who sought for the citizenship laws change. Its no surprise that the Belgians have done similar since Zambrano opinion. However, those whose non parents came in legally, I have no problems. with. Despite my opinion, I would have accepted the results from the Supreme Court.

Oh, by the way, any preceived hostility towards certain nationalities is not because of their background. Ireland has a long and postive history in some places like Nigeria and the Congo. EG Catholic Missionaries/Teachers/Peace Keeping mission for UN) But because there is extensive country of origin information to suggest that these countries are not ones that one can not get protection from somewhere even an NGO. Thats the problem and it has taken millions out of the exchequer .People are also angery that despite the limitation of High Court proceedings, applicants bring unsuccessful claims despite having a chicken and bull story. It costs the state thousands in each case and the applicant never rarely pays the state if he looses. This is really unfair as they rarely pay any legal fees to bring a high court case. Yet any legal person who is involved in say divorce may have huge difficulties in paying thousands for legal fees if they are €5 over the limit for legal aid. They have for an application, they got fairly treated (well better than some EU states, they were not treated like prisoners as seen in Holland) They are deemed safe to return home. That should be it. Why should they be able to engineer. Anyway, the rules have changed, move on.

Talking about the specific issues, I am fully aware of the facts of a number of cases. I have no sympathy for the fathers who failed to be part of the child's life for a period of over 3 years (why the delay in coming to Ireland and getting in easily via asylum application, after all the state will pay your accomodation and food - its measily i accept, but better than nothing) Even those absent, some never sent a penny to the mother and child (even if working in Nigeria/ business) , fathers who have been involved in serious crime in Ireland (more than the petty stuff)

Funny you never answered by question as to how your country would treat eu people or if the shoe was on the other foot how would your country threat non nationals. what's your country's relationship like with your neighbouring countries?

"Ireland should withdraw from the EU so that the ECJ won't have the power to tell them what to do simple since they dnt like the law they make but enjoy the money they get from them and as i rmrbr hw many Irish r in U.S illegally?hw many Irish were involved in a visa fraud in Australia?hw many times did the previous government and the new minister who was fine gael spokesman as at then visit the U.S to lobby a change of status to illegal Irish and its like u still havent realized that both the High Court and Supreme Court erred in the cases regarding Irish Children."

THe EU is not suppose to be a dictatorship. Let the EU put this in legislation. Let them put it on specific treaty basis and it could be refused by the Irish people. Disent is allowed when the French or even a populous country like Poland sneaze. Yet when a smaller country rares its head (eg Lisbon1 - Giving the exact answer which the French and Dutch gave with he Constitution, which is very similar to L1) its dictated to. You seem to have a difficulty with the word instituional competence. Ireland could always do a Norway and stay in the EEA. Who quickly do you think other EU States would embrace all of the Non EU people allowed to stay in Ireland via EU law, if Ireland left the EU and kicked these people out? (Now we are getting to irrelevant stuff, but I am merely responding to your statements)

What has the Irish in America got to do with it? What does it achieve? I for one am against tbreaking laws. What America does is there business (I keep asking about your country because i would be certain enough, that like Ireland, your people are not in a position to pontificate) Lets actually ask the more important question: THere is a major difference with illegal irish in the US and other illegal nationalities such as Mexicans in the eyes of the US. There is also a major difference between Irish illegals in the US and illegal non Irish in Ireland. Why there is such a public acceptance / happiness of politicians to assist the illegal irish cause in the American Political Houses? It can't be because many US politicans are half Irish,. It cant't be the old predictable skin colour shi*.

Every thing u posted so far is irrelevant, r u insane or what?or just intentionally doing this 2 piss people off?

so u have no problem with the legal parents but u have problem with the illegal parents so i guess u have moved from non nationals to asylum seeker from and now is illegal parent? u must be crazy to punish a child because of his/her parent(s) immigration history,mind u kids of legal parents and kids of illegal parents r f...king the same kids are kids and,kids from any part of the world r the same they should all be treated equally.

Just say a white irish kid should benefit more than a black or mixed irish kid because thats what u r indirectly trying 2 say here idiot.

ohhh tell me hw r the illegal irish in America different from the illegal non irish in Ireland? U must really be a fool and i think am wasting my time arguing with ur weak brain.

Go to hell u hypocrite.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:58 am

I couldn't be bothered to read all of the ramble the the 2 of you are posting but managed the last few lines of the last post.

This thread has just turned into name calling and really should be locked.

It is going no where.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton