ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and Dependant Help !!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ukmigrant2011

ILR and Dependant Help !!!

Post by ukmigrant2011 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:28 pm

Hi ,
This forum is always helpful in finding answers. I am posting this query for your help.

One of my friends is eligible for ILR under ( Tier 1 + Previous Work Permit) category in April. He got married in December 2010 and his wife is in Home Country at the moment. She already got Tier 1 Dependant VISA, but not yet travelled to UK. The query we have is :
1. If he applies for ILR only for him - can his wife come to UK on the existing Tier 1 dependant VISA ( or ) the Tier 1 dependant VISA will be in valid ?

2. Other alternative is , he will wiat till his wife comes to UK on the existing Tier 1 Dependant VISA. and then he has to apply for his ILR only for him. From the other post [ http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=74287 ] in this forum, it seems his wife can continue on the Tier 1 dependant VISA till she is eligible for applying as ILR dependant.

May I request the forum members give your views on this.

Cheers

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR and Dependant Help !!!

Post by geriatrix » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:31 am

ukmigrant2011 wrote:can his wife come to UK on the existing Tier 1 dependant VISA ( or ) the Tier 1 dependant VISA will be in valid ?
When your friend is granted settlement, his wife's Tier 1 dependant leave will become invalid. In order to travel to the UK then, she will need to apply for settlement visa.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!