ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling without Biometric Permit (BRP)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tibu

Travelling without Biometric Permit (BRP)

Post by Tibu » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:09 pm

I have got an urgent travel to be done to india. i have got my passport back which was given for visa extension and waiting for BRP.
Will i be able to travel using the Previous visa which is valid until July 2011.
I have called up border agency and they are saying it might take 10 working days to get it.
Can someone post my BRP to india before entering UK, so that my entry would be of less hassle.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Travelling without Biometric Permit (BRP)

Post by geriatrix » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:25 am

Tibu wrote:Will i be able to travel using the Previous visa which is valid until July 2011.
No. The new BRP invalidates your previous visa.
Tibu wrote:Can someone post my BRP to india before entering UK, so that my entry would be of less hassle.
Assuming it is legal to post (internationally), what if gets lost in transit?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

nuzhathwasim
Newly Registered

Post by nuzhathwasim » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:19 pm

guys pls help... i done my biometrics at postoffice on 3rd march 2011. still i didnt get my passport... i have to travel urgently to india... even if i get passport this week, can i travel without biometric card? els alternate what could be done..i cannot postpone my travel. pls suggest me what to do. iam in a very confused state. i need to travel urgently..

nuzhathwasim
Newly Registered

Post by nuzhathwasim » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:28 pm

pls reply... very urgent ppl

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:33 pm

nuzhathwasim wrote:i cannot postpone my travel.
Withdraw your application ... but, even if you do that, it will take UKBA some days (if not weeks) to return your passport. Having looked at your earlier post, it appears your Tier 1 (General) leave has already expired so withdrawing an application may mean that you'll have to leave UK for good, unless you qualify for entry clearance under a different category.

Alternatively, you may write to UKBA requesting that your application be dealt with on priority, but you'll need to explain why and provide evidence. And UKBA may still do nothing (i.e. - not entertain such a request). But if they do (entertain your request), it will still take some weeks before you get your documents and passport.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

nuzhathwasim
Newly Registered

Post by nuzhathwasim » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:01 pm

thanx sushdmehta...thanx for ur reply.. but normally how many days it takes to get passport from ukba after biometric... because ppl who attended biometric after me have got their passport lastweek...

hysw1223
Newly Registered

Post by hysw1223 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi Tibu,

Could you please let me know what happened to your travel plans? Did you travel w/o BRP card.

Actually I am facing similar problem.

simonong
Newly Registered

Post by simonong » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:02 pm

I am in a similar situation as well and would like to hear your thoughts.

Current Tier 1 (General) visa expires early May but I got an extension successfully approved at the Croydon PEO last Wednesday (March 14th). I was advised the BRP typically arrives 2-5 working days after approval but I have not received it yet.

I urgently need to travel this Saturday for a week and was thus wondering whether this will still be possible, like INSIDER said above, just to present the approval letter would be sufficient on arrival back to the UK?

The current Tier 1 (General) visa in the Passport was not crossed out so still shows early May as when it expires. I do not know (or should I say won't know) until the BRP arrives whether the extension will start from the date of approval (i.e. March 14th) or from the expiration date. The approval occurred just under 8 weeks before expiration so not sure if that has any influence?

Appreciate your thoughts on the above!