ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Prev Earning: India Payslip and UK Salary

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smk2011
Newly Registered

Prev Earning: India Payslip and UK Salary

Post by smk2011 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:41 pm

Members,

One of my friend is applying for Tier 1 and here is my problem. He has got India pay slip but salary in GBP in UK (currency converted)

Will his earning be counted? I heard from another guy that we need a specified letter from the company stating the amount in INR and in GBP. Is this required?

Show indian payslip, UK bank statement and how about mentioning this in the cover letter? Will this help.

paone

Re: Prev Earning: India Payslip and UK Salary

Post by paone » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:57 am

smk2011 wrote:Members,

One of my friend is applying for Tier 1 and here is my problem. He has got India pay slip but salary in GBP in UK (currency converted)

Will his earning be counted? I heard from another guy that we need a specified letter from the company stating the amount in INR and in GBP. Is this required?

Show indian payslip, UK bank statement and how about mentioning this in the cover letter? Will this help.
--
does he work for a UK company ?

paone

Post by paone » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:07 am

He will need
12 months bank statements - matching all payslips in statements
if hes wroking fulltim obviously - tax will be deducted at source also..
so tax letter also..
And Provident fund etc etc..

Lastly if you want get accountant letter if possible,
clarly explainging tax etc

tier1_aspirant123

Post by tier1_aspirant123 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:58 am

i think you may have a problem.

you need to show 2 proofs for your income and from different sources. generally for salaried people these proofs are salary slip and bank satement. now in your case your salary slip is in INR and bank statement is in GBP plus you will not have any field in your salary slip which indicates exchange rate. so how can you prove that salary credited in your gbp is indeed your inr salary. to prove this you will need a letter from your employer which will sate this.
Tier1 Aspirant

KDS
BANNED

Post by KDS » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:07 pm

Where do u live? If u live in India and work for a indian company why they paid u in UK ? How did u took the money back 2 india?.

Looks like u put some money in UK to get tire 1 some lawyer told u u need pay slip u couldn't get it from UK company as ur not here trying it from india.

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Prev Earning: India Payslip and UK Salary

Post by aliq09 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:23 pm

smk2011 wrote:Members,

Hi ,

It's totally confusing situation and the best answer will be from the company he worked . It's quite odd ..
Thanks

Ali

tier1_aspirant123

Post by tier1_aspirant123 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:52 pm

kds... please dont be judgemental without knowing all the things... there are few indian companies who pay their employees indian component of their salary in GBP...

ali,the problem that op will face if goes to his company to get this clarified is he will have to t reveal them that he is applying for tier 1 which will not go down well with HR...
Tier1 Aspirant

smk2011
Newly Registered

Post by smk2011 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:30 pm

All, thanks for your repllies...

Sorry for my delayed reply. I hope this will clarify things.

1. He works for an Indian Company but deputed in UK

tier1_aspirant123 is almost right.. But need to know more on this. He has INR payslip and amount credited in GBP in UK.

Yes, even I think we need a letter from employer, but they are refusing to give a letter.

Is there any other options that could help him? Why cant the UKBA check the conversion rate? All they need is bank statement and payslip... Anyhow they need to convert it into GBP for point calculation..

smk2011
Newly Registered

Post by smk2011 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:34 pm

To tier1_aspirant123 :

1. There is one thing which links the payslip and UK bank account. The payslip has the UK bank account number - will this help?

2. Also, willl decalring the company policy to UKBA help?

smk2011
Newly Registered

Post by smk2011 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:54 pm

Members,

Can anyone help here? My friend is running out of time...

tier1_aspirant123

Post by tier1_aspirant123 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:29 pm

yes account no will be mentioned but did you check what is the name of the bank mentioned on the pay slip ? if i am not wrong it will be Bank of England and i am sure your account will be with HSBC (or ICICI)
Tier1 Aspirant

smk2011
Newly Registered

Post by smk2011 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:14 pm

Thanks tier1_aspirant123..

You are true.. that is how it is mentioned, but how abt supplying the company's policy letter.

Will this help in any way?

knowhow
Newly Registered

Post by knowhow » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:22 am

Hi

I applied the same way i.e. payslips in INR and salary credited in GBP account. You need to mention everything in the cover letter and highlight your bank account as mentioned in INR payslip. I think it should help as I got my tier 1 doing the same.

Hope this helps
smk2011 wrote:Thanks tier1_aspirant123..

You are true.. that is how it is mentioned, but how abt supplying the company's policy letter.

knowhow
Newly Registered

Post by knowhow » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:26 am

one more thing, make a table in cover letter with your montly INR gross, take oanda rate at the end of the period which you are claiming or take oanda rate month wise and then calculate your earnings in GBP and include that along with your allowance slips. I think I understand where you will be working.
knowhow wrote:Hi

I applied the same way i.e. payslips in INR and salary credited in GBP account. You need to mention everything in the cover letter and highlight your bank account as mentioned in INR payslip. I think it should help as I got my tier 1 doing the same.

Hope this helps
smk2011 wrote:Thanks tier1_aspirant123..

smk2011
Newly Registered

Post by smk2011 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:02 pm

Hi Knowhow..

Thank you so much for your information here, sorry this is not for me and its for my friend.

He applied as you said.. Placed a table as you have done, but not with OANDA rates.. but with the actual rate.. He is worried whether OANDA rates will match with the actual...

He as also put the bank account details in cover letter.

knowhow
Newly Registered

Post by knowhow » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:39 pm

no problem even if it I for your friend. What is the worry now? Check the oanda rates for yourself and you will be able to make out yourself or your friend can. I think ukba will see oanda rates even if they are lesser or higher than the rate your friend has written.
smk2011 wrote:Hi Knowhow..

Thank you so much for your information here, sorry this is not for me and its for my friend.

He applied as you said.. Placed a table as you have done, but not with OANDA rates.. but with the actual rate.. He is worried whether OANDA rates will match with the actual...

He as also put the bank account details in cover letter.

smk2011
Newly Registered

Post by smk2011 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:30 pm

Thanks for your reply.. We hope for the best.. lets wait and watch..