ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need your kindly advise URGENTLY/pleaseeeee

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

honey1111
Newly Registered

need your kindly advise URGENTLY/pleaseeeee

Post by honey1111 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:29 pm

I have to inform you that I was enrolled as a PhD (NR) student at a highly approved University in UK in October, 2009 while my Visa is valid till 2015 (it means I have got 6years visa for doing PhD).
But because of some circumstances after 2nd semester, the programme of my studying changed to the taught course MRes.

May I please know your kindly opinion about such this case that I have done a MRes what is to be considered the exactly situation of my studying as below categories:

1) Does it mean that my place on the course has cancelled?? or

2) I have finished the course early? or

3) It means that I have done a complete taught course as MRes ( a course with duration of one year)???

Because I do need to know how long I can stay in UK after finishing my course in the 17th Feb, 2011. Shall I leave UK within 2months (60days)?? Or four (4) months???

I have phoned Home Ministry services line and they kindly asked me ‘how long was my course? was it for full year (12months) or less than 12months?’
I answered that the MRes is for One year (12months), however, I have had extension and have done it for 16 months!

But officers kindly only asked me if the course was for 12months and then she kindly mentioned that ‘I have to leave after 4months then’!

Though I did insist to explain that I came here as a PhD student but then did MRes as the taught course and my visa is valid till 2015 and does it mean that I have to leave within two months (60days)?
But again the officer did kindly ask me only if the course I have done was for 12month (full year complete) then I have to leave 4months!

May I have your kindly advise please because I don’t want to stay over time and face problem later on because I want to continue my PhD course in UK or apply for PSW, while I wanna apply for some professional English courses here because I do feel that I have to improve my writing style.

Now I want to be sure how long I can stay after my MRes course is finished in 17th Feb. 2011.

May I stay for 4months as the officer kindly mentioned or I have to leave within 60days which it means 17th April?

I am so worried though I have talked with an officer but I am so worried as I don’t want to face any problem.
I do appreciate your kindness and advice,
With many thanks,

stevenage

Post by stevenage » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:00 pm

If your course was 12 months or longer then kindly stay 4 months after the completion of your course.

Kindly please make your question short and understandable.

regards.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:31 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

honey1111
Newly Registered

Post by honey1111 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:27 pm

With many thanks for your kindness!
I have got a PhD (NR) student visa in Sept. 2009 and its validity is till 2015, however, I have done a MRes course I wanted know that I have to leave UK after 4 months or two months since my PhD programmed was changed to a taught course, MRes.
And yes, the MRes course it is for 12months. Hence, I only wanted to be sure that I have to leave 4months after I completed my course.
Thanks a lot for your prompt reply I do appreciate it!
With best regards,

honey1111
Newly Registered

@sushdmehta

Post by honey1111 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:49 pm

@sushdmehta

With many thanks for the information and links.

I have read that link and that is why exactly I phoned the UK Boarder Agency to ask my case and be sure about the duration of my stay whether is two months or 4months? And they kindly told me I have to leave 4 months after I completed my course.
Also, I didn't leave my PhD course but it is downgrade to MRes course that I have done it (though I have done it for 16months).
My course is over 17th Feb, 2011 and though I knew by phone I have to leave 4months but I just wanted to be sure.
Now the previous post kindly mentioned also about 4months after I completed the course, however, you did kindly send me the same link that I was aware of it hence that is still exactly my question.
Because I don't wanna face a problem and wanna be in safe side (specially I want to apply for another course from another university and have to have a valid time then).
I do appreciate your kindly opinion in this regard,
With best regards,

KDS
BANNED

Post by KDS » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:37 pm

Not sure what the question?

Regardless of how many years ur visa is if u finish ur course in 12 months then u can stay extra 4 months. If u want to study some thing different some where else then u have to apply for another visa

honey1111
Newly Registered

thanks a lot for your kindly reply

Post by honey1111 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:00 pm

Today I just got a letter that my MRes course started 2009 and techincally it will be over July 2011 becuase of extension it is considered 22 months!
So i assume I can stay till July as the result also will be cleared July 2011.

I though the end of my course will be considered from the day of submission of my thesis, 17th Feb. 2011. Hence I was worreid how long I can stay!

It seems my English is not good :( as my question was not clear!

I have got PhD visa for 6years but have done a MRes course and wanted to know how long I can stay after submission of my thesis? two month or 4months?

Now my Uni inform me my course will be over in July, 2011 then I will consider 4months after July, 2011 (it means Nov.2011)

Thanks a lot for all your information,
Thanksssssss!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:11 pm

To avoid any problems in future EC applications, and as required by UKBA:

1. Make sure that your university / institute informs UKBA of the fact that you have changed course (from PhD to MRes).
2. And, since your MRes course will end (2011) before your current leave expires (2015) you must inform UKBA of the same.

The link(s) provided above tell you so.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

honey1111
Newly Registered

sushdmehta

Post by honey1111 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:39 pm

Thanks a lot for all your kindness and information!

Yes I did inform UKBA via email about the changes of my PhD course to MRes 3-4months ago.

And also my Uni asked the copy of my visa and passport 17th Feb. and I think they informed that day by itself.

Thanks a lot!
Yes that's why i became panic and ask your kindly information about the duration of my staying though my visa is valid till 2015!
Becuase I wanna apply for some other Uniz and of course I do want to do always right thing about visa matter!

thanks a lot for all your kind attention and help us just be your care and love!
God bless!
Regards,