ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from PSW to Tier 2 (general0

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashlad
Newly Registered

Switching from PSW to Tier 2 (general0

Post by ashlad » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:47 pm

HI Guys,

I am totally confused with regards to what documents are needed for me to switch to Tier 2 (general) category.

Currently I am on Tier 1-PSW and my current leave expires on end of November 2011. I currently work as IT professional for a leading corporation in UK and earn £30000 per annum and have been with this employer for more than a year. However, as I am not eligible for Tier 1- General, I want to go for Tier 2- General. Can anyone please enlighten on
1. the docs that i need from my employer?
2. What Is CoS and do I need one?
3. Is CoS different from the letter from the employer confirming taht i have been working for them for six months or more?

The changes in the immigration rule is doing my heading and I want to switch to Tier 2 (general) asap i.e. before any further changes are made to this category?

I really appreciate any suggestion and assistance provided on this.

Many Thanks,
Ash

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:49 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

wanted66
BANNED

Re: Switching from PSW to Tier 2 (general0

Post by wanted66 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:22 pm

ashlad wrote:HI Guys,

I am totally confused with regards to what documents are needed for me to switch to Tier 2 (general) category.

Currently I am on Tier 1-PSW and my current leave expires on end of November 2011. I currently work as IT professional for a leading corporation in UK and earn £30000 per annum and have been with this employer for more than a year. However, as I am not eligible for Tier 1- General, I want to go for Tier 2- General. Can anyone please enlighten on
1. the docs that i need from my employer?
2. What Is CoS and do I need one?
3. Is CoS different from the letter from the employer confirming taht i have been working for them for six months or more?

The changes in the immigration rule is doing my heading and I want to switch to Tier 2 (general) asap i.e. before any further changes are made to this category?

I really appreciate any suggestion and assistance provided on this.

Many Thanks,
Ash
Welcome to my world :D

1. First you need your company registered with UKBA. This can be done online via a portal. You have to pay for this and your company authorizing officer must fill in the details. Once you make the application and submit you have to print out the covering letter given by them and get it signed by your Boss.

1.1 Send the supporting documentation to prove that your company is genuine. Refer to the guidelines on what documents you should submit. (Mine is PVT LTD and we submitted, Company bank statements, Letter from bank manager, Employer Liability insurance, Tax report, Lease of the company premises, Audited accounts, HMRC tax records etc) You have to submit minimum 4 documents and make sure this from necessary lists (B & C) make sure you fully read the guidelines. You have to pay £300 if you company is small and £1000 if its big.. We paid £300. If you can't produce original copies make sure you get a solicitor to cerify the documents. It has to be certified by an individual not a firm or they will reject you. It takes up to 8 weeks to register and I have applied and still waiting..

2. COS = Certificate of sponsorship. This is issued by UKBA to companies and you need a COS before you can apply for TIER2. Read up the UKBA site and this forum. There are lot of information available.

3. For now COS is issued only to those who are on a NON shortage occupation list and earn 32K, So you wont get one as far as the rules state. I can't confirm this but thats what i think. However after April 6th There will be a considerable amount of changes coming and All companies who register get COS but you need to earn the salary level instructed by the SOC code of practice. But having looked at your earnings I don't think you will have any problems but keep an eye on that SOC list for your Job title and appropriate salary for your job.. My personal opinion is you should be fine :)

MAKE SURE you get your company registered ASAP. This is the most important thing. The Guidelines can confuse and scare your employers but speak to your boss and explain the situation.

Good luck mate.. Need any help PM me !! I'm on the same boat as you lol

ashlad
Newly Registered

Post by ashlad » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:01 pm

@sushdmehta: cheers buddy!

@ Wanted66: Thanks for a enormous amount of info mate. That really helps; however, few more queries that I need to clear out of my head. Please see below

1. First you need your company registered with UKBA. This can be done online via a portal. You have to pay for this and your company authorizing officer must fill in the details. Once you make the application and submit you have to print out the covering letter given by them and get it signed by your Boss.

- As far as I know, i think my company is licensed Sponsor and already registerd with UKBA because our company did employ few staffs last month from a non-EU country under Tier2. However, I will get this confirmed.

3. For now COS is issued only to those who are on a NON shortage occupation list and earn 32K, So you wont get one as far as the rules state. I can't confirm this but thats what i think. However after April 6th There will be a considerable amount of changes coming and All companies who register get COS but you need to earn the salary level instructed by the SOC code of practice. But having looked at your earnings I don't think you will have any problems but keep an eye on that SOC list for your Job title and appropriate salary for your job.. My personal opinion is you should be fine

- But where you've mentiooned "For now COS is issued only to those who are on a NON shortage occupation list and earn 32K, So you wont get one as far as the rules state" does it mean I m out?
Excuse my ignorance,but I am abit confused with the comments above.Do you mean that I do not need CoS and am not eligble due to my salary level. I have read the amendment that UKBA has made under Tier2 which they are enforcing after 6th April 2011 it says that we won't be counted under the restricted CoS limit as were are already in PSW.

But again you've mentioned that looking at my earnings I won't have any problem as far as your knowledge is concerened and should be fine.

sorry to bug you again mate but can you please clarify the above query of mine.

Also, like I said if my company is already a licensed sponsor with UKBA, then can you please highlight what exact documents i need to switch to tier 2, please. So that I can clarify my HR department and ask them for such specific docs.

Please forgive my stupidity but am just tired an frustated.

Regards,
ash

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:44 am

@ashlad

Forgive me for being a bit too harsh, but you'd do good if you read the Tier 2 rules properly.
As of now, it stands that BEFORE 6th April, all applications will be considered under old rules and from 6th April, the new rules come into force.
With the new rules, if your company is already in the register (you can check if it indeed is from the Register of Sponsors here - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... onsorship/
you will have no problem getting a COS (certificate of Sponsorship) as long as yr salary matches the level required.

ashlad
Newly Registered

Post by ashlad » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:25 pm

@Sheffield_Marketeer

Thanks mate. The link you provide was pretty useful. My company nameis listed as a A rated sponsors. That's a abit of a relief.

however, I couldn't find my exact job occupation on SOC list and am confused whether it falls under SOC code 2131.

I work as a Information Security and Compliance Technology Analyst and earn £30k per annum. Will I qualify for non restricted CoS.

Can anyone help to clear my confusion with regards.

jason23

Post by jason23 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:52 pm

ashlad wrote:@Sheffield_Marketeer

Thanks mate. The link you provide was pretty useful. My company nameis listed as a A rated sponsors. That's a abit of a relief.

however, I couldn't find my exact job occupation on SOC list and am confused whether it falls under SOC code 2131.

I work as a Information Security and Compliance Technology Analyst and earn £30k per annum. Will I qualify for non restricted CoS.

Can anyone help to clear my confusion with regards.
It is unlikely you will find an exact match. Find the closest match and discuss with your employers how to present your case. They may need to use professional services but in all honesty I believe you will be fine.

ashlad
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by ashlad » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:43 pm

@ jason23 for your valuable info on this, I really appreciate your opinion and will proceed accordingly, going forward.

@ all other reply: Thanks, ever so much for your time and assistance on this matter. I highly appreciate your thoughts and info provided.

Cheers Guys!!!

Kind Regards,
Ash