ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fiza
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa.

Post by fiza » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:27 am

Basically around 3 years ago i had my nikkah done in Pakistan. At the time I applied for a visa for my husband and it was refused mainly on the grounds that i would not be able to sufficiently support as i was a student at the time. Altough i had part time job the income was not suffient enough. They also mentioned something about the NI contribution and tax. At the time we took advice from someone for an appeal they said if we just reapplied once we had suffient evidence.

As i have just finished my course this summer and due to start my new job in the next few weeks and i am going to reapply. The main worry i have is the period that we have had our nikkah i have only been back once due to time and financial constraints. Could someone please advise on my situation. Thank you.

Mars007

Post by Mars007 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:41 am

Just tell the truth and back it up with your statement and make sure you have all the paper work required. All the best.

fiza
Newly Registered

Post by fiza » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:01 pm

if i wanted to submit the application in uk. is that possible? if so does it take less time to be processed?

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:03 am

You have to submit it in Islamabad, via Fed Ex. It should take around 12 weeks.

fiza
Newly Registered

Post by fiza » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:48 pm

since i posted my original post i have been back once and planning to go again soon. i am currently trying to collect enough paysips, bank statements and other document to be able to apply.

I have seen an immigration advisor he has advised me to get him to apply for a visit visa while we get all the paperwork together. He said even if it gets refused it will make the case stronger. But other ppl i have spoken have advised me against it, they think it might make things difficult if its refused. What should i do???

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:02 pm

Fiza, I realise this is a blunt question, but given that the marriage was three years ago, what "evidence of contact" can you supply in support of a spouse visa application?

Regular contact? How? Evidence of phone calls? Exchanges of emails? What have you got?

In a nutshell you need to show the ECO looking at your husband's visa application that the marriage is real, and not a "marriage of convenience".
John

fiza
Newly Registered

Post by fiza » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:20 pm

i have lots of phone bills atleast dating back to last two yrs, some emails and cards that we have sent each other over the 3 yrs.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:28 pm

That is good .... do supply all of that in support of the spouse visa application.
John