ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

File sent to minister- application refused by his office?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ikoonman
Newly Registered

File sent to minister- application refused by his office?

Post by ikoonman » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:20 pm

Hi

We learned this morning that our files have been sent to the minister for a decision.

Just curious to know if this process is just a "formality" or has anyone's application been refused by the minister's office?

Thanks

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Re: File sent to minister- application refused by his office

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:25 pm

ikoonman wrote:Hi

We learned this morning that our files have been sent to the minister for a decision.

Just curious to know if this process is just a "formality" or has anyone's application been refused by the minister's office?

Thanks
As far the experience I got from this forum it will be approved.
Do you mind if I ask you about your application date and nationality?
peace on you

ikoonman
Newly Registered

Re: File sent to minister- application refused by his office

Post by ikoonman » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:21 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote: As far the experience I got from this forum it will be approved.
Do you mind if I ask you about your application date and nationality?
Submitted Oct 2008 :)

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:51 pm

Once the file is sent to the minister, there are no chances to be refused. because to the minister the officials only send the complete and up to date files.
Minister is a big & bussy guy, he just only signs it and u will get the cert.
enjoy it and good look

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:31 pm

sorry to disappoint you, but all files go to minister for decision. even the ones that have a recommendation to be refused. it is then up to the minister to see if he goes by the recommendation or not. mind you, we now have a different minister so noone knows how he will be treating naturalisation applications.

ikoonman
Newly Registered

Post by ikoonman » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:26 pm

agniukas wrote:sorry to disappoint you, but all files go to minister for decision. even the ones that have a recommendation to be refused. it is then up to the minister to see if he goes by the recommendation or not. mind you, we now have a different minister so noone knows how he will be treating naturalisation applications.
thanks agniukas. it seems a bit inefficient to send the files to the minister that might be turned down as his decision is based on the report that is submitted by INIS, right? so if the information about individuals leans towards refusal, i don't see why they go through the effort. if you don't mind me asking, how do you know that this is the case?

i am not really concerned in any way, i was merely asking my original question out of curiosity :)

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:23 pm

minister has to sign off on all decisions in relation to naturalisation, approval or refusal, it is his decision.