ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Misunderstanding about accountant letter and some questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

binghi
Newly Registered

Misunderstanding about accountant letter and some questions

Post by binghi » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:02 pm

Hello again, I'm still in progress of preparing my Tier 1 visa extention application, and another trouble appeared.
I work as an independent contractor at the moment, being registered with HMRC as self-employed. I have 3 constant clients all of them from outside the UK, and they sent me money to my two bank accounts - one in HSBC in the UK, another - in one more overseas bank account. I've brought statements from these two accounts to an accountant to prepare a letter for me which I was going to send with my application. I received this letter from the accountant today, but I'm a bit confused by the content of it. Firstly, I noticed that received amount in the letter don't match exactly the amounts from bank statement, in accountant letter these figures are rounded (say, 1724 in letter instead 1724,73 in statements). The second point is that exchange rate applied to amounts from overseas bank statement doesn't match the requirements from the UKBA guidance.
What options do I have now, taking into account that I've planned to send my application this week? 1) To enclose this accountant letter with explanations that I do not know what was the motive for using one figures instead of others? 2) Or to forget about the idea of using this letter, but enclose references from my clients with exact amounts of earning that match my statements? The problem is that in accordance with my contracts I'm taking responsibility for calculating and paying taxes, and my clients can only prove the sums they've sent to me, not net and gross earnings. 3) Or should I waste more time and money for urgent search for another accountant with no any guarantee of sufficient service?
I hope someone can give me a comment and advice...
Last edited by binghi on Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

binghi
Newly Registered

Post by binghi » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:10 pm

sorry, doubled post accidentally.