ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistakes on the application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

OrangeCounty
Newly Registered

Mistakes on the application

Post by OrangeCounty » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:48 pm

Hi all

After browsing this forum, I've realized that I've made some mistakes on my application.

Could someone please shed some light on my enqueries

1) I'm on PSW now, applying for T1 general. Is that a new application or a switch?

2) I'm not self employed, I work as a contractor, this is confirmed by my accountant. However I do keep most of my earnings in my business account. Will my earnings be my sales figure?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:04 pm

1. A new application (for leave to remain) to switch from Tier 1 (PSW) to Tier 1 (General).
2. How do you work as a contractor? Explain.

regards

OrangeCounty
Newly Registered

Post by OrangeCounty » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:26 pm

I'm under full time employment as a contractor for a bank for the past 14 months. I have to do all the work myself I can't hire anyone, I have a set amount of hours daily, I have a line manager that tells me what to do, I don't risk my own money, I only work for 1 company.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:42 pm

OrangeCounty wrote:I'm under full time employment as a contractor for a bank for the past 14 months. I have to do all the work myself I can't hire anyone, I have a set amount of hours daily, I have a line manager that tells me what to do, I don't risk my own money, I only work for 1 company.
Do you get paid via your own Limited Company or PAYE?

If it is PAYE, then you will qualify as an employee and if it is via Limited Company, then you will have to apply as self-employed and show it as a business earning (almost like a Consultant working for a client).
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

OrangeCounty
Newly Registered

Post by OrangeCounty » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:06 pm

I registered my own limited company. What does that mean then for my "earnings"? because I take the least possible amount for my salary and leave everything in my business account.

If I've made a mistake unintentionally will they let me know? Or will they reject my application?

OrangeCounty
Newly Registered

Post by OrangeCounty » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:12 pm

Another question (sorry for being an idiot) - I've done my biometrics at the post office on the 4th of March. Is there anything that I need to do after? Do I need to send proof to UKBA?
Will they send me a letter confirming that they've received my biometrics?

OrangeCounty
Newly Registered

Post by OrangeCounty » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:42 pm

Also, I understand that the minimum required points is 75
But within that 75, does it include points for UK experience, maintenance of funds, and English language?
Or is that completely separate and outside the 75 total?

zbhope
Newly Registered

Post by zbhope » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:32 pm

Hi OrangeCountry, As you have worked as a contractor then you can either be self employed or director of a company.
Also, as you are switching your immig category from PSW to Tier 1 so the minimum required points are 80 and this does NOT include maintenance funds and english requirements. 10 points for each of these make required points to 100.

Regards

OrangeCounty
Newly Registered

Post by OrangeCounty » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:26 pm

I'm the director of my own company, does that make a difference on what I can claim as my earnings? I'm really hoping that it can be my sales figure. I'm worried that I won't have enough points for my earnings section. Is there anything I can do after the application has been submitted?

zbhope
Newly Registered

Post by zbhope » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:48 am

You can send additional documents to ukba (specifying your reference number) before they take decision on your application. Usually, its 1-2 week period after submitting your application with them depends how quickly the case worker starts working on your application.

Regards

majun
Newly Registered

Post by majun » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:11 pm

Hi OrangeCounty,

The minimum requirement is 80 points isn't it? It is not 75. All together with the English language requirement and maintenance the total points should be 100.

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Mistakes on the application

Post by aliq09 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:44 pm

OrangeCounty wrote:Hi all

After browsing this forum, I've realized that I've made some mistakes on my application.

Could someone please shed some light on my enqueries

1) I'm on PSW now, applying for T1 general. Is that a new application or a switch?

2) I'm not self employed, I work as a contractor, this is confirmed by my accountant. However I do keep most of my earnings in my business account. Will my earnings be my sales figure?

Hi ,

It's a late reply but hopefully it will help you

After going through all your feed back , you are in limited company structure and you receive pay in your business account . Correct Y or N if yes than you have to go ( earlier) to accountant and made all the document requirement for a limited company . Well! i am not sure you can do it now but hope for the best and send all your accountant documents to them ....

Good luck man!
Thanks

Ali

Alut
Newly Registered

Post by Alut » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:11 pm

zbhope wrote:You can send additional documents to ukba (specifying your reference number) before they take decision on your application. Usually, its 1-2 week period after submitting your application with them depends how quickly the case worker starts working on your application.

Regards
Could you explain how to send additional documents to home office?

nafe12

Post by nafe12 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:46 pm

I don't think that's a mistake - initial applications/switching tick the same box on the app form?