ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsorship certificate number

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anonymous_18
Newly Registered

Sponsorship certificate number

Post by anonymous_18 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:47 am

I found these new updates from the UKBA website about extension of Tier 1 Visa.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... er1general

It states that we need to have a Sponsership Certificate Number to get the extension otherwise the application willl be rejected even though we have all the required points.

Additionally, there is no information about how to get the Sponsership Certificate Number (how the employees will get it to give the applicant?)

What are your thoughts guys.

If there is anything missing in my assessment please let me know. Very confused.

Thanks

imprezasti

Post by imprezasti » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:08 pm

Do you mind pasting the exact passage from the guidance where you saw that?

I suspect you may have overlooked the words "TIER 4" next to it...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:16 pm

Unfortunately, as you are currently in the UK as a Tier 1 (General) dependant, you cannot apply for Tier 1 (General) from within the UK (245C(f)).

And, applications from overseas were closed on 23-Dec-10.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

anonymous_18
Newly Registered

Post by anonymous_18 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:41 pm

Apologies everyone, I did miss the details about Tier 2 & Tier 4.

Had a look again at the documentation and we can extend Tier 1 Visa after 6Apr11 as per the new guidelines.

The points have gone up a bit but overall should not be a problem with 'HIGHLY SKILLED' people I guess.

Thanks for your response everyone.

bango

Post by bango » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:54 pm

you have again overlooked the part.There is no points increase if you are going for extension.Please read the guidance before posting.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:05 pm

anonymous_18 wrote:Had a look again at the documentation and we can extend Tier 1 Visa after 6Apr11 as per the new guidelines.
Only existing Tier 1 (General) migrants can "extend" their stay as Tier 1 (General) migrants.

Applicants currently in the UK under a different immigration category, if allowed to do so, may "switch" to Tier 1 (General) category before 06-Apr-11. They do not apply for "extension"!

So, you cannot apply for "extension" because you are not a Tier 1 (General) migrant. And, as mentioned above, you cannot "switch" because dependants are not allowed to switch.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!