ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fatal Mistake in application?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rkc

Fatal Mistake in application?

Post by rkc » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:07 pm

Guys,

I think I have made a fatal mistake in my application. For my under 28 proof of age evidence I supplied the following:
1. notarised copy of passport.
2. notarised copy of license.

While item 1 seems fine, I came across the following in the "evidence required" case worker guideline on www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk:
Applicants/representatives are required to submit original documentation with the
application. Photocopies cannot be considered and points should not be awarded for
sections where photocopies have been submitted.
There are two occasions when photocopied evidence is acceptable. Firstly copies of
journals sent as evidence of publications can be accepted. If there is doubt about the
authenticity of these copies caseworkers can check with the Moorfoot or Home Office
Library, or the publisher. Secondly we can accept notarised copies of the personal
details of the individual’s passport as evidence of age for under 28 year old
applicants.
Where a document is not in English the original must be accompanied by a fully
certified translation by a recognised translator. The local British High Commission or
Embassy can provide lists of local translators.
Case comments for sections where photocopies have been provided
The caseworker should note brief comments of what evidence has been provided for
this section and then note at the end of the comments ‘As the evidence supplied for
this section is photocopied points cannot be awarded’. When creating the refusal
letter the caseworker should use the appropriate refusal paragraph (please see the
chapter on wording for refusal letters for the appropriate paragraph) in the particular
scoring section of the letter.
This would mean that because I have also supplied copy of license ,in addition to passport copy, which is unacceptable, I would loose points in this category and hence I would come under the over 28 category thus loosing point for experience and earnings.

Is it possible to send the original license at this point? My application is due to reach sheffield by 27-06-2006.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:45 pm

You dont need two forms of evidence for age proof in the first place. Your notarised copy of passport should be sufficient for this and will be taken into consideration.

rkc

Post by rkc » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:35 am

Hi MWazir,

I was just worried about the following statement:
Photocopies cannot be considered and points should not be awarded for
sections where photocopies have been submitted.
OK, I have the notarised passport copy, but then since I have supplied both pieces of evidence, I am apprehensive that they will consider both evidences and then award 0 on the basis of unaccetable photocopies.

Do you think the HSMP team can advice me on whether I should send in the orignal license or I may have to wait till my application is assigned to caseworker?

regards

Cool

Post by Cool » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:17 am

rkc,
You have absolutely *nothing* to worry about.
You submitted one valid evidence and that is what will be considered. The other evidence will simply be disregarded.

Your quote would apply if the only evidence you supplied was the photocopy of your licence.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:41 pm

we can tell you are still alive; so your mistake was not *FATAL*
Where there is a will there is a way.

rkc

Post by rkc » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:50 am

So it seems that I am still alive :) Hope the caseworker also decides to let live :D

Smit
Member of Standing

Post by Smit » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:33 am

see link below, which may be useful:

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... rant2.html

rkc

Post by rkc » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:49 am

Hi Smit,

I am confused by this news item: What is your interpretation of the news item and my case? Would they discard the license copy and only consider my notarised passport or they would consider the evidence in totality?

regards

Smit
Member of Standing

Post by Smit » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:50 pm

You will be fine, they will only consider the notarised copy of your passport as proof of age.