ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help me.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aaliyah khan
Newly Registered

Please help me.

Post by Aaliyah khan » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:14 pm

Thank you very much for allowing me to be a part of this immigration board.I have some questions i will like to ask,and would deeply appreciate if i can get some feedback on it.

I am a Malaysian married to a British citizen.We are muslims and had a nikah ceremony in Pakistan in the year 2006.I have a valid nikah certificate and at this moment we are confiused as in what visa we should be applying for,whether it be a fiance visa or marriage spouse visa.My situation is not very clear and let me try to make it short and explain.At that time when my husband married me,he was separated from his first wife for a period of 5 years are more,but didnt manage to obtain a decree absulote.Now the big question is if my marriage is recognised according to the uk law,because at that time he will still married to her.PLEASE note that now he has obtain the decree absulote,so my question is what visa should i be applying for? Also before i have seeked entry to enter to visit him as spouse so i assume they have already got my records because i was granted two times visa,but refuse one time entry.From what i see,i am really scared they have a reason to refuse me for the spousal visa.Also i dont have any photos taken at the time of ceremony as it was a simple mosque ceremony and i am a religious women so i choose to make it simple.We have all the suffiecent proofe of visits of him to malaysia,photos taken on and off,family gatherings,trips abroad etc,and also ongoing online contacts.Would it be a better option to apply for a fiance visa and explain to them i am seeking to enter as i doubt if my marriage is valid according to uk law,and thus i want to register my marriage there?

PLease help me as i been very ill and missing my husband and do we need to hire a solicitar?

IndyRhodes
Newly Registered

Post by IndyRhodes » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:20 pm

Salaam Sister,

I think because your husband was not divorced under UK law when he married you they will regard your current marriage to him as invalid. I am no expert, but this is my interpretation.

My wife's (we have Nikkah marriage) visa was refused because they said she was not divorced, even though we submitted her divorce certificate - they are looking for reasons to refuse...

Hope that is of some help.

sjimoh112

Post by sjimoh112 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:50 pm

First of all, can I suggest you edit your post and divide into paragraph so it can be easier for people to read, understand and be able to reply you with ease.

Now, this is a bit complicated. If you're not sure your marraige will be valid in the eyes of the british, apply for fiancé visa so you can enter UK to legalise your marriage or re-marry in the registry if necessary. Note that is it important to explain the situation in writing if necessary to the British high/deputy commission where you live. And don't worry about not taking pictures on your wedding, as long as you've got other pictures, you will be fine.

As for the visa worries, it depend on the reason you were refused entry. Nevertheless, I don't think you'll be refused visa or entry to join your husband or fiancé. Just explain the situation of the marriage in writing with your application.

Make sure you have every documents necessary (everything you can lay your hands on) to prove that you're in a relationship.

I hope this will help you move forward.
[Moderator Edit]