ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is there any hope for me?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

creative79
Newly Registered

Is there any hope for me?

Post by creative79 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:43 pm

I have recently learnt about the changes being implimented to the Tier 1 applications. I am wondering if I can still do something to secure a Tier 1 for me. Please read below a brief account of my situation and comment. I will greatly appreciate that.

I am 31, male, Indian and presently working in Saudi Arabia. I have a Masters and a PhD from a good British University, and I have also taught at this university before moving to Saudi Arabia.

I still have got a PSW visa (valid until August), but I have never used it since leaving the UK.

I would like to know if I can still apply for a Tier 1. Apparently, I fulfil all the requirements for Tier 1.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:45 pm

Tier 1 (General) immigration category closed for overseas applicants on 23-Dec-10, and will close for in-country UK applicants from 06-Apr-11.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

creative79
Newly Registered

Post by creative79 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:53 pm

What if I fly to UK tomorrow and put in my application from there? I have never gone back to the UK since obtaining my PSW and I am afraid if I will be denied entry now, as it is expiring in August.

Any possibility?

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:35 pm

I think your best bet is to fly and submit your application :)

Look at it this way, worse cum worse, they will not let you in, which is your default position anyway.

I think its highly likely that they will let you in :)

All the best!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:59 pm

1. Can you leave your job in Saudi Arabia / take a leave of absence that may extend anywhere up to 14 weeks (and beyond, who knows)? You'll have to send your passport along with the application .. so until the application is decided, you'll have to remain in the UK.
2. Do you have all the documentary evidence(s) that you need to apply ... ready with you?
3. Can you travel to UK and submit the application within the next 4 days (i.e. - before 06-Apr, COB Tuesday)?

If the answer is yes, no harm in giving it a try .. if you are desperate to apply.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!