ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

palestinian-german regaltionship in Ireland :roll:

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nic_abod
Newly Registered

palestinian-german regaltionship in Ireland :roll:

Post by nic_abod » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:52 pm

Hi guys

I have been in a long distance relationship with the man I love. We know each other personally (which i can proove with pictures and flight tickets) and plan to get married.

He has a Palestinian Authority Passport while I am a german passport holder (EU citizen, born in germany). I have been living and working in Ireland for the past 3 years and have never received any social welfare benefits but supported myself with my own work as a general nurse since I came here.

The fact that he is a practicing muslim man and I am a seriously practicing christian (which i could proove if necessary) prohibits us to live together before being married hence it will be very difficult to apply for a visa based on cohabitation.

In his country there are only religious weddings available (muslim marriage) and my religion prohibits me to go for an islamic wedding, plus I feel I would be a lot better protected if I had a wedding within the EU as women's rights in the middle east aren't too great, especially if the wife is not a muslim. Is it possible in our case to apply for a wedding-visa?

I wish to build a family with him, to share my life with him, here in Ireland.

I would appreciate very much if you would help us to find the best way to go about.

If we cannot bring him over to Ireland for the wedding, is there another country outside europe that does civil marriages? For example turkey? It needs to be a coutrny where he being a palestinian cpassportholder can get a visa for.

Thank you very for your help.

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: palestinian-german regaltionship in Ireland :roll:

Post by ca.funke » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:09 pm

nic_abod wrote:If we cannot bring him over to Ireland for the wedding, is there another country outside europe that does civil marriages? For example turkey? It needs to be a coutrny where he being a palestinian cpassportholder can get a visa for.
No clue how Palestinian passport holders get visas in general, but I would assume Cyprus (the Repuclic, not Northern Cyprus) would be a good call, since it´s in the EU and also geographically located in the middle. (Well, a bit more his way, but culturally a bit more our way...)

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:59 pm

Palestenian passport holder can apply for a visa to any country, there is no problems obviously rules and regulations related to different visas needs to be followed. Even if you invite him to Ireland on a visitor visa he is not allowed to get married on that, so the only way is to go to Palestine and get married in a church/mosque over there. If you guys love each other so much that should not be a problem for you that you can do a church ceremony and he can do a mosque on same day. Also there are court marriages allowed between interfaith anywhere in the world i assume Palestine be no different. Cyprus is a smashing idea but the prob is that palestanian passport holder i am assuming has to produce a mamoth paperworks to apply for visitors visa for cyprus and again no one knows for sure wether one can get married on visitors visas or not. North cyprus mind you wouldn't be a bad idea either as its turkish controlled and turks laws are very much westernised as compare to palestanian laws so probably better chance to get civil arrangement.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:33 am

Be very careful - the Department of Justice may not recognise a religious marriage in Palestine. Ireland doesn't do fiance visas (a policy which has been criticised). Have you thought about applying for a fiance visa for him for your country, Germany? You could try it, or ask a lawyer in Germany whether it is likely to be granted.

Abu Banat
Newly Registered

Post by Abu Banat » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:20 pm

Muslim marriage does not have to be done in Mosque. It is so simple and cermney can take 10 mins and could be done anywhere(e.g. Home). Essesntially your father or brother (a male family memeber on your fathers side )offers him to marry you, he agrees, pay you dwory (Mahar) and there should be witnesses, two men.

Then he is allowed to register for civil marriage
Hope this helps

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: palestinian-german regaltionship in Ireland :roll:

Post by Ben » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:51 pm

nic_abod wrote:The fact that he is a practicing muslim man and I am a seriously practicing christian (which i could proove if necessary) prohibits us to live together before being married
Have you talked about children and that they would be Muslims, like their father?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Abu Banat wrote:Muslim marriage does not have to be done in Mosque. It is so simple and cermney can take 10 mins and could be done anywhere(e.g. Home). Essesntially your father or brother (a male family memeber on your fathers side )offers him to marry you, he agrees, pay you dwory (Mahar) and there should be witnesses, two men.

Hope this helps
How lovely, a deal between men and the bride seen as too thick or mentally incapable of signing her own contact, and of course women cannot be witnesses, there is nothing going on in their stupid little heads.

IntheQ
Newly Registered

Post by IntheQ » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:10 pm

Abu Banat wrote:Muslim marriage does not have to be done in Mosque. It is so simple and cermney can take 10 mins and could be done anywhere(e.g. Home). Essesntially your father or brother (a male family memeber on your fathers side )offers him to marry you, he agrees, pay you dwory (Mahar) and there should be witnesses, two men.

Hope this helps
Basically, only men allowed and bride will be traded like a commodity. :shock:

nic_abod
Newly Registered

Post by nic_abod » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:22 pm

thanks guys for your answers and help.
i think it will be the best to have a wedding in palestine and get it regitered as a secondary civil wedding (they do this in palestine) and taking the time trying to get a spouse visa for ireland.
otherwise we will have to live in Jordan (which seems to be a good secondary idea as I do not want t live in Palestine)

thanks again and sorry for my late reply..

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:23 pm

Marriage procedure in Islam:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikah

As far as the procedure stated above by Abu Banat it could be a "cultural" thing where only men gives the permission, which is entirely not true. Also bear in mind different school of thoughts within Islam like there are in christianity.

But in a nutshell the above is the norm same like christian wedding only difference is the dowry and the part you may kiss the bride is missing by the person conducting marriage :lol: , anyway this aint the religious or marriage counselling and guidance forum its for immigration. Nic_abod this is where you need to file your case after the deed is done

http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=5599

with the required documentation as stated here with this form (bear in mind religious ceremonies are not recognized, it has to be civil/recognized in the courts. Irish mission will probably provide some help on this matter)

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%20E ... %20EU1.pdf

Abu Banat
Newly Registered

Post by Abu Banat » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:06 pm

PaperPusher wrote: How lovely, a deal between men and the bride seen as too thick or mentally incapable of signing her own contact, and of course women cannot be witnesses, there is nothing going on in their stupid little heads.
PaperPusher clearly you suffer from Bushism Syndrome and need urgent treatment !
If the bride does not accept the whole marriage is invalid from islamic point of view..However, it is not this issue to discuss here .. Other forums could provide a venting space for your bitter comments..We just share info here re immigration.
Go and get yourself sorted.
Last edited by Abu Banat on Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Abu Banat
Newly Registered

Post by Abu Banat » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:08 pm

IntheQ wrote:
Basically, only men allowed and bride will be traded like a commodity. :shock:
Another bitter, pittiful one on the que, read it up too!