ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dumb(?) question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

k1w1b0y
Newly Registered

dumb(?) question

Post by k1w1b0y » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:27 am

Hopefully this is the right place to post this thread:

...I'm a teacher in a 'permanent' post for a London Local Education Authority (LEA). I've been on two consecutive LLR visas (one 1.5 years, the next 5 years, expiring this summer). I've been paid salary through LEA payroll, with the usual deductions etc, but in that whole time I've never seen a discrete 'work-permit' document, only the LLR visa stickers.

For ILR, do I need to hunt down any other evidence of my right to work (possibly being held with the LEA I work for), or will my employer letter, and other statutory evidence be enough? When my last LLR expired, I had that kind of stuff, plus a letter from my head, but nothing else.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:13 am

You were supposed to have the original work permit, used to enter the UK, and copies only of letters if you were in the UK. Ask for copies, I am sure you will feel better and the caseworker can find the record of the Work Permit that much quicker.

Your evidence of right to work should be the stickers in your passport.

k1w1b0y
Newly Registered

Post by k1w1b0y » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:49 pm

PaperPusher wrote:You were supposed to have the original work permit, used to enter the UK, and copies only of letters if you were in the UK. Ask for copies, I am sure you will feel better and the caseworker can find the record of the Work Permit that much quicker.

Your evidence of right to work should be the stickers in your passport.
thank you! :D