ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nd2011

i`ll update

Post by nd2011 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:19 pm

I will do that Fatty Patty. Thank you!

fatty patty wrote:Girl who works in DSW said to me that on Medical card forms HSE asks the applicant to get it filled/stamped by DSW if they are claiming welfare to show that they need it and if they are not claiming welfare then attach payslips. They send reminder/requests to confirm if they suspect that the application/stamps are dodgy and ID fraud.

I agree with you scrudu that medical card issued by HSE is a state issued service and shows that the person is dependent on state services but for the time being its not linked to DSW so when INIS sends check to outside agencies they probably don't send it to HSE and only to Gardai and DSW (or maybe they do and go case by case), as nd2011 said there app is approved even though they are on medical cards and app is based on 5 year work permits. This is IMHO. BTW congrats nd2011, do update us on the cert dates and stuff.

nd2011

forum

Post by nd2011 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:35 pm

Thanks Irish Pharoe for thanking me. I learnt alot on this forum otherwise my inis application would have been a disaster ...I`ll always share my experience with inis in this forum for all those waiting to be aware.

IRISH PHAROE wrote:thanks nd2011
that's the type of participants which we need.
the one who's putting positives.
also I have to remind everyone that it depends on the mode of the INIS employees so what happend with nd2011 has not to be the rule.
but from time to time the one needs some encourging threads like this

nd2011

Re: Leinster Courts

Post by nd2011 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:54 pm

Monte,
I rang the court in Cork and the office girl asked me why I don`t want to take the oath in Dublin. I told her it was cos` i couldn`t get a suitable date in the Leinster area, besides I intend traveling out of the country soon on holiday and at same time I intend takiing a short break in Cork from the next day (Friday) so I decided to take the oath there at same time in other to save time. No appointment is needed but she warned me that sometimes the judge may insist on the applicant taking the oath in the area they reside if they (judge) look at the address on the yellow form and sometimes they just don`t check before signing the form, so its up to me if i want to take the chance ...i did take the chance & it worked ...Thank God!

monte wrote:nd2011,

when you went to Cork did you need to ring or make any appointments or you just went to court in cork?
thanks.
nd2011 wrote:HOTSPURS,

Thank you and you`re right about the Leinster courts ... i didn`t want to waste my time with them after reading on this forum the way people get fraustrated when asking for an appointment in the Dublin area.

HOTSPURS wrote:
nd2011 wrote:
Thank you. My nationality is Nigeria.
Congratulations nd2011 ! You have now joined the elite club of Dubliners who have driven to Cork & got everything sorted. What's with these Leinster courts is beyond me...

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:18 pm

ribak wrote:
IRISH PHAROE wrote:Does anyone of the 2009 applicants got a request for submitting further documents?
I applied 21 months ago and no news yet from INIS.
I applied in March 2009 - no additional documents have been requested yet
Thanks Ribak,
Just keep us updated if there is any progress.
peace on you

scrudu

Re: change of addewss

Post by scrudu » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:01 pm

nd2011 wrote:Hi Fatty patty & Scrudu,
I got my approval letter last Thursday based on 5 yr residency in the State. Me & my family have always had medical cards (not GP visit card) for 9 years cos`our income is low though we never claimed Social Welfare benefits. So, if Medical Card was to be an issue may be i wouldn`t have gotten an approval from inis.
Wow, that's great news for you! Congrats. Sounds like another case of it depends on the citizenship application, like people who have been granted citizenship despite criminal records, and others who have been refused because of criminal records :( It's a real pity that the DOJ don't have clearer guidelines to clarify how these decisions are reached.

nd2011

Re: change of addewss

Post by nd2011 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:28 pm

Thanks Scrudu. Yes, you`re right its rather unfortunate that DOJ do not have any specific or set-out proceedure on how inis application decisions are made. Sometimes, i think it may depend on who`s handling your application in inis department.
scrudu wrote:
nd2011 wrote:Hi Fatty patty & Scrudu,
I got my approval letter last Thursday based on 5 yr residency in the State. Me & my family have always had medical cards (not GP visit card) for 9 years cos`our income is low though we never claimed Social Welfare benefits. So, if Medical Card was to be an issue may be i wouldn`t have gotten an approval from inis.
Wow, that's great news for you! Congrats. Sounds like another case of it depends on the citizenship application, like people who have been granted citizenship despite criminal records, and others who have been refused because of criminal records :( It's a real pity that the DOJ don't have clearer guidelines to clarify how these decisions are reached.

BANDAR

Post by BANDAR » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:00 pm

attention-called and askfor update person say she canot g

ive this reason it will take at least vanother year i am disappointed for this reason
- i applyed mach 2009 and i have 68- number

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:20 pm

BANDAR wrote:attention-called and askfor update person say she canot g

ive this reason it will take at least vanother year i am disappointed for this reason
- i applyed mach 2009 and i have 68- number
that mean it takes 3 years right now to get a decision,Isn't it?
Do you mind if I ask a question, as I applied on june 2009,
Is your ref number in the first thounda or second thousand or ....
like 1..., or 2...,or 3...
My number is 5...
just to figure out how much applied between March 2009 and June 2009, to predict hom much applications they are receiving.
peace on you

alex725
Newly Registered

Post by alex725 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:01 pm

just to figure out how much applied between March 2009 and June 2009, to predict hom much applications they are receiving.
Hi everybody,
I have applied in Jan-Feb 2009 with Ref: 1... and no news from INIS so far :(

Green land

Post by Green land » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:37 pm

I applied in August 2009 and my number is in the 7000's. This probably means that around 10,000 have applied in 2009 alltogether? What do you think?

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:10 pm

Green land wrote:I applied in August 2009 and my number is in the 7000's. This probably means that around 10,000 have applied in 2009 alltogether? What do you think?
I think it is around 10000 to 12000.
so what's they wrote in their website is not the truth as they are it takes 26 months to give a decision and it is almost 36 months right now also they mentioned they are processing early 2009 applications and no one of 2009 applicants (even the one we know here in the forum) got a request for further documents yet.
what a performance and transparency that department (INIS)!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God help the applicants
peace on you

Green land

Post by Green land » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:10 pm

68/27**/08 April 2008
68/4***/08 May 2008
68/3***/09 Jan 2009
68/2***/09 Mar 2009
68/6***/09 Aug 2009
68/7***/09 Sep 2009
68/1***/11 Mar 2011

I have gone through the pages and here are some reference numbers by the date of application. May be it will give us some idea how much more we have to wait if the people approved give indication about their own ref numbers.
Last edited by Green land on Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:17 am

Green land wrote:68/27**/08 April 2008
68/4***/08 May 2008
68/3***/09 Jan 2009
68/6***/09 Aug 2009
68/7***/09 Sep 2009

I have gone through the pages and here are some reference numbers by the date of application. May be it will give us some idea how much more we have to wait if the people approved give indication about their own ref numbers.
I think it would be good idea if scrudu updated his excel sheet with adding a new column for the reference number in this format like 68/7***/09
it will be good indication if this sheet would be updated from time to time from the participants in the forum
peace on you

kiwiwife
Newly Registered

Post by kiwiwife » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:47 am

If it helps anyone, I received a reference number about a month ago now, and it's 68/1***/11

BANDAR

Post by BANDAR » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:42 am

my number is 68/2---/09 i applyed march 2009...its now 2 years ans i am

waiting still

ribak
Newly Registered

Post by ribak » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:14 pm

And mine 68/29**/09 applied March 2009

Green land

Post by Green land » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:47 pm

kiwiwife wrote:If it helps anyone, I received a reference number about a month ago now, and it's 68/1***/11
I think this indicates that there are much less applicants after 2009 which would appear to be right.

Since 1st Jan 2004 Ireland opened the labour market for the 10 countries which joined EU. My personal impression is that their citizens are not really interested to get Irish citizenship. As a result the new work permits issued after 2004 were significantly smaller number. The people who had the right to renew their permits had 5 yrs residence by the end of 2008 or so. People with permits issued prior to 2004 who wanted to apply for citizenship have done that by the end of 2009 latest.

Also the Irish born child scheme was abolished since 1 Jan 2005 so people could not use that option to stay in the country.

I guess when the big bulk of applications are gone the Dept. might need to cut few positions ... So I suppose they will take their time and will not speed up with the pending applications...

Bushman
Newly Registered

Citizenship Oath

Post by Bushman » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:09 pm

Applied July 08 Approved March -11 application based on 5 yr residence on workpermit, I live in Dublin & courts ar giving me oath dates 3months away...Any help guys?????

monte

Post by monte » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:52 pm

Just got off the phone after talking to citizenship office, the lady who answered told me that they have not requested outside agencies reports yet ???? ( i was told early in march that they are awaiting outside agencies reports), obviously some of them are not telling the truth ??!! i applied about 34 months ago ( 1st wk of June 2008 )

nd2011

Call Back Next Time

Post by nd2011 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:17 pm

Monte, after hanging up, you could have called back immediately to speak to a different operator, you probably would have gotten a more reliable answer. I had similar experience when i was processing my inis application.

monte wrote:Just got off the phone after talking to citizenship office, the lady who answered told me that they have not requested outside agencies reports yet ???? ( i was told early in march that they are awaiting outside agencies reports), obviously some of them are not telling the truth ??!! i applied about 34 months ago ( 1st wk of June 2008 )

nd2011

Re: Citizenship Oath

Post by nd2011 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:24 pm

Try Cork City Courts ...no appointment required but ring up 1st before heading down.
Bushman wrote:Applied July 08 Approved March -11 application based on 5 yr residence on workpermit, I live in Dublin & courts ar giving me oath dates 3months away...Any help guys?????

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:28 pm

Hoping for some advice.
I received a letter from Tipperary office today where they're pointing out that my GNIB card has expired and asking for a copy of the renewed one. I am very much aware that it's expired form the 1st March, but the reason for it is that my current passport got expired, I got a new one from my embassy on the 5th March and sent it to "Without condition as to time section" to renew my stamp 5. Renewals take 40 working days now, which means I will only get my passport back around mid-May and then renew my GNIB card.
I am pretty psyched now about it, as they wrote in the letter that my 'application will only be processed further on the receipt of the above'...
Should I write them a letter explaining the situation? Or should I first contact Endorsement section asking for some kind of confirmation letter, that they're currently withholding my passport etc.?
I've applied September 08.
I would very very much appreciate any advice.

Eireann
Newly Registered

Post by Eireann » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:56 am

9jeirean wrote:
IRISH PHAROE wrote:
Latan wrote:.....rumour has it that the new qualifying-period for naturalisation as an irish citizen will be increased from the current 60 months (i.e 5 years) to 96 months legal residence (i.e 8 years) before an application can be lodged to bring ireland in-line with other european countries within the next couple of months-not a bad idea.
Can you explain to me how will that be good?
Do you think that would be good for the already applied?
If that was to be introduced, it would certainly not affect existing applications Irish Pharoe.

I agree with Ashawna that it would make very little difference if the processing time can be reduced to between 6mnths to 1 year. Already we have seen cases of people who have submitted their application in 2006 still waiting. Given a 5 years pre-application residency requirement, that makes it at least 11 years ago since they have been living legally in Ireland. That's not acceptable by any standard, and that is where the problem lies. There's more to bringing thing in line with Europe than just increasing the residency requirement, they should also aim at bringing the processing period in line with what obtains across Europe as well.
Interesting link below...

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire ... 40735.html

Any opinion Re: New increased residency requirement for Naturalisation?

monte

Post by monte » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:35 am

increasing the time requirement before being eligible to apply for naturalization is a terrible terrible idea, it doesn't really help anyone,
look at Canada a country of 34 millions, in 2010 the legal immigrants were 284,000 and the time before application for citizenship is 3 years and the processing time is 1 yr, isn't that amazing.

Eireann wrote:
9jeirean wrote:
IRISH PHAROE wrote:
Latan wrote:.....rumour has it that the new qualifying-period for naturalisation as an irish citizen will be increased from the current 60 months (i.e 5 years) to 96 months legal residence (i.e 8 years) before an application can be lodged to bring ireland in-line with other european countries within the next couple of months-not a bad idea.
Can you explain to me how will that be good?
Do you think that would be good for the already applied?
If that was to be introduced, it would certainly not affect existing applications Irish Pharoe.

I agree with Ashawna that it would make very little difference if the processing time can be reduced to between 6mnths to 1 year. Already we have seen cases of people who have submitted their application in 2006 still waiting. Given a 5 years pre-application residency requirement, that makes it at least 11 years ago since they have been living legally in Ireland. That's not acceptable by any standard, and that is where the problem lies. There's more to bringing thing in line with Europe than just increasing the residency requirement, they should also aim at bringing the processing period in line with what obtains across Europe as well.
Interesting link below...

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire ... 40735.html

Any opinion Re: New increased residency requirement for Naturalisation?

kiwiwife
Newly Registered

Post by kiwiwife » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:13 am

Green land wrote:
kiwiwife wrote:If it helps anyone, I received a reference number about a month ago now, and it's 68/1***/11
I think this indicates that there are much less applicants after 2009 which would appear to be right.

Since 1st Jan 2004 Ireland opened the labour market for the 10 countries which joined EU. My personal impression is that their citizens are not really interested to get Irish citizenship. As a result the new work permits issued after 2004 were significantly smaller number. The people who had the right to renew their permits had 5 yrs residence by the end of 2008 or so. People with permits issued prior to 2004 who wanted to apply for citizenship have done that by the end of 2009 latest.

Also the Irish born child scheme was abolished since 1 Jan 2005 so people could not use that option to stay in the country.

I guess when the big bulk of applications are gone the Dept. might need to cut few positions ... So I suppose they will take their time and will not speed up with the pending applications...
I actually thought the same, it looks like 1000 applications were received in the first two months of this year.

In my dealings with the department so far (i.e. application submission, and additional document requested for at my convenience), I've heard back from them within 4 working days. Although I note other people on the forum who applied within a week of me hadn't received a response 1 month on.