ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSBC bank statement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rahul_uk
Newly Registered

HSBC bank statement

Post by rahul_uk » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:18 pm

Hi all,

I am applying my Tier1 visa in couple of days. I am claiming points for march earnings as well. I will receive my statement for march by 15th of april which is too late. So I decided to get a statement from the bank but they said original statements cannot be issued in the branch. what they said is they can only give me transactions printed in their letter head with my name and account number but without my address on it and also refused to sign n stamp.
What should I do. Can I ask for a letter from them. will they provide a letter .Plz show some light. Thank you all members of this forum for ur help.

with reg
rahul

nikitasha8

Post by nikitasha8 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:35 pm

When is your salary paid in to your account? Once your salary is crdited, you can contact the call centre and ask them to change the statment date and send it your branch. It arrives in branch quicker than at your home addess. In my case, my salary got credited on 25th March but statment date was 29th so I asked them to change my statment date to 25th and post it to my brach. I got my statment from Branch on 29th and posted my application same date. this was including weekend so technically i received my statement in 3 working days.

rahul_uk
Newly Registered

Post by rahul_uk » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:41 pm

Dear Friend,

My salary credited on 30th of every month. I need to apply my visa in 2 days , havent got 3 working days. Plz advice. cheers

teddy0409

Post by teddy0409 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:07 pm

It differs with various branches,

For me one HSBC branch refused but I got with another,
They gave me the transaction details stamped and attested as true copy,

Also they provided with a cover letter stating the balance with overdraft facility,

If it is an on-line statement You can apply with out your address details on the statement as you will not be issued a statement with address,

If they are providing with transaction details from the branch ask them to attach a letter stating the current available in their letter head.
If Not We, Then Who?

nikitasha8

Post by nikitasha8 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:09 pm

Ok. Well i had the same problem and originally HSBC printed all transaction on a letterheaded papaer which has Bank logo and name. Person I met at the bank attached her card and wrote on the statment that issued by HSBC bank. When I check this with my solicitor, he said it is fine as log as it is on a letterhead of HSBC. But then i managed to get the paper statement on time.

Try to get the recent transaction printed on a letterhead of HSBC and send with your application. Also change the date and ask them to send the paper stament which you can send to Home office before the decision is made. Read below link, it says you can send more documents, as long as they reach us before a decision has been made.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... plication/

nafe12

Post by nafe12 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:44 pm

Agreed.

Definitely request them to change the statement date (call them NOW so that they do it immediately). You never know, it might come by Tuesday 5th!

Otherwise, if you're not having luck in the branches, call their help line. When they say they can't help, ask to speak to their manager, when they can't help, ask to speak to his manager, or the complaints team. Keep fighting and fighting and someone will help