ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Advice Required on Bank Statement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DrFixit

Urgent Advice Required on Bank Statement

Post by DrFixit » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:24 pm

Thanks for looking into it. I want o apply for Tier 1 General and waiting for my bank statement to arrive by post. I have my account with Halifax and for some reason i don't have statement for the month of September 2010.

I ordered my statement in Branch on 17th March, which i have not recieved till today. They had said it takes 10 days and today is 10th day and there is no sign of statement.

On 26th March i had gone and re ordered the statement because i suspected they might not be able to send the statement. Anyway, since its been 10 days today, i went to bank and reported them my problem and they are not cooperating. They are in no way willing to get a print out in the bank for me or give letter stating transactions for the month of September 2010. However, they gave me List Of Transactions printed on paper and stamped it, but that statement doesnt show any description or anything, just simple plus and minus figures.

Now i am wondering what to do as i have to post my application by 6th of April and its 31st today and no sign of statement. Please help

teddy0409

Post by teddy0409 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:17 pm

I have recently received the statements from Halifax, Lloyds and HSBC.

Halifax is not co-operative but you need to insist them to provide a letter with current available balance, and then ask them to stamp your online bank statement for september 2010,

If you cannot find september 2010 statement from your online account or
if you do not have an online account, speak to the branch manager and insist him to give you a generated statement and not details of transactions,

As you have mentioned details of transaction will only show the type of transfer and amount of transfer,

It will not show where the transaction came from. There is no point in submitting this to UKBA.

If one branch refuses go to another branch.

After visiting 2 local branch, i went straight to main branch where i received the letter stating the current balance and stamp in the internet statement. (Make sure the internet statement is bearing the halifax logo)
If Not We, Then Who?

nafe12

Post by nafe12 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:41 pm

I don't know about Halifax, but I had similar trouble with a different bank in getting an old statement with a letterhead.

The answer is to escalate the issue - my experience is that branch staff don't care, and aren't sure what they're allowed to do.
Sit on a help line, when nobody can help, ask to speak to the manager, threaten to go to the ombudsman, etc etc, then do it again and again until:
a) you get to someone high enough that has the power to help; or
b) you get through to the complaints team, who can also sort things out.

DrFixit

Post by DrFixit » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:18 pm

teddy0409 wrote:I have recently received the statements from Halifax, Lloyds and HSBC.

Halifax is not co-operative but you need to insist them to provide a letter with current available balance, and then ask them to stamp your online bank statement for september 2010,

If you cannot find september 2010 statement from your online account or
if you do not have an online account, speak to the branch manager and insist him to give you a generated statement and not details of transactions,

As you have mentioned details of transaction will only show the type of transfer and amount of transfer,

It will not show where the transaction came from. There is no point in submitting this to UKBA.

If one branch refuses go to another branch.

After visiting 2 local branch, i went straight to main branch where i received the letter stating the current balance and stamp in the internet statement. (Make sure the internet statement is bearing the halifax logo)
Thanks for your suggesstions. I have had similar situations with Barclays and my local branch never helped and then i always had to go to central london and they always helped.

I went to my local branch three times, but to no avail. I am now going to halifax branch in Moorgate and see what happens. It is pretty annoying as there is no option in their online banking where i can see the statement from past few months.

Plese let me know what if i just stick that "Transaction List" (which is stamped, but doesn't say which amount came from who) in my application, mention that in my covering letter and post it and resend my statement when it arrived to me?

DrFixit

Post by DrFixit » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:21 pm

nafe12 wrote:I don't know about Halifax, but I had similar trouble with a different bank in getting an old statement with a letterhead.

The answer is to escalate the issue - my experience is that branch staff don't care, and aren't sure what they're allowed to do.
Sit on a help line, when nobody can help, ask to speak to the manager, threaten to go to the ombudsman, etc etc, then do it again and again until:
a) you get to someone high enough that has the power to help; or
b) you get through to the complaints team, who can also sort things out.
Mate, i am going to do the same tomorrow untill they give me something. Apparently it seems, the staff does not have access to view online transactions and cannot take print outs or they just don't want to risk their jobs or something.

nafe12

Post by nafe12 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:21 pm

it seems, the staff does not have access to view online transactions and cannot take print outs
Same for me.

I was after a statement from a long time in the past - which was archived (the branch can't access it directly).
So I fought the call centres until I got put through to the team who could access this information instantly. In the end they managed to retrieve and post out the information while I was on the phone.

If they post it tomorrow (first class), you'll have it Sat morning - or at latest, Mon.

Good luck, I know your pain :)