ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year ilr confusion

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manUTd

10 year ilr confusion

Post by manUTd » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:43 pm

hi all,
i need advice regarding ilr application on basis on 10 year. i came to this country in may 2001 on a prospective student visa(visa clearance) obtained in my country and it was for 6 months and of course ive renewed since then.
i requested for my sar file and of course the first six months was not registered in my file here. so my question is will the first six months be included in the time under 10 year? can i apply next month.(28 days before)
i have the visa on the passport as proof but just now sure how it works.
any advice will be much appreciated.
thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:42 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

manUTd

Post by manUTd » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:05 pm

thank you vinny for ur reply.

i didnt knw that the prospective student visa is regarded as a visitor visa.
so is it definite that its ok to apply .

any one else in the same situation as me ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:53 pm

Any legal catergory/leave may be included under the 10-year long residence rules.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

manUTd

Post by manUTd » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:39 pm

hi guys
i wanted to make sure that i can apply 28 days b4 for 10 yr. eg i came in the uk on the 18 of may ,can i apply on the 24 april.
ive been searching online n some website say i can.
i then found this on ukba website #
An application for settlement which is considered by caseworkers more than 28 days before the applicant completes the required qualifying period for long residence should be refused on the basis that they have not completed the required period of leave in the UK. If the application is considered 28 days or less before the 10/14 years is completed and the applicant meets all the other criteria, ILR may be granted.
can anyone explain this?
also has anyone applied 28days prior to completing 10yrs?

manUTd

Post by manUTd » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:19 pm

Can any1 help pls?

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:04 pm

I think your visa must be valid for all those 10 years, although you can apply 28 days before it expires!!