ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shoaib82
Newly Registered

Re: Visa

Post by Shoaib82 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:00 am

missy12 wrote:
Shoaib82 wrote:
missy12 wrote:Hi Im new to the post. I am from the Uk and got married in pakistan a year ago. My husband submitted the Visa on 12 January at Gerrys Islamabad. Does anyone know why it is taking so long with the applications nowadays. And what the maximum time is??
Hi,
It's currently taking about 3 months to process the application, so you should expect the application status to be changing to collection very soon.
As for why it takes too long, they simply don't care and given there piority to visitor and specially student visas whom we all know are mostly using the student route to gain entry to uk. These officers making
decisions out there are complete idiots.
Thank you for the reply was getting anxious no-one would lol. Yeh its
actually goin to be 3 months next week as hubby applied on 12 january.
Well in a wa i dnt blame them for checking up on us for the visa after all theho ha over girls that claimed theyd been forced to get married by their parnts but its not fir on the actual couples that are happy in the marriage.
Its so horrible coz lyk 1 year a passd of marriage and feels like where is time flying.

Do u hink I should email them later next week if the status doe not change? :)
While processing the application for spouse visa they don't make any checks on wether anyone has been forced into marriage, since the sponsor is sending all the nessacry documents such as there passport copy, bank statements and employers letter etc it's is therefore assumed that marriage isn't forced. If they did started making these checks than god help us all.

Shoaib82
Newly Registered

Post by Shoaib82 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:02 am

missy12 wrote:
Premier wrote:Hi,

I applied spouse settlement on Jan 12, 2011 as fresh application. I need to write to UKBA to inquire the status of application. Anybody help to inform the appropriate email address.
Hi my husband also applied on the same day as you at the gerrys in isb. we have not had a change in status either, really stressing.

K44MYY

Re: info

Post by K44MYY » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:46 am

Asil_88 wrote:Guys
I like to get more info on documentation required for the spouse visa.

im bit confused about the submission of Nikahnama, do i have to submit orginal one or the translated one or both? or is there is anything else??
Hi
This will be in the form of the original Nikkah Namma (In Urdu). A certified English translated one will also have to be produced with it at the same time.

you will need to make copies of the file so copy should also be made of urdu and transalated english one.

Please follow link for further information put together by BATLEY KHAN:
at bottom of page, useful guidance for you.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=4320

All the best[/url]
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

missy12
Newly Registered

Re: Visa

Post by missy12 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:10 am

Shoaib82 wrote:
missy12 wrote:
Shoaib82 wrote:
missy12 wrote:Hi Im new to the post. I am from the Uk and got married in pakistan a year ago. My husband submitted the Visa on 12 January at Gerrys Islamabad. Does anyone know why it is taking so long with the applications nowadays. And what the maximum time is??
Hi,
It's currently taking about 3 months to process the application, so you should expect the application status to be changing to collection very soon.
As for why it takes too long, they simply don't care and given there piority to visitor and specially student visas whom we all know are mostly using the student route to gain entry to uk. These officers making
decisions out there are complete idiots.
Thank you for the reply was getting anxious no-one would lol. Yeh its
actually goin to be 3 months next week as hubby applied on 12 january.
Well in a wa i dnt blame them for checking up on us for the visa after all theho ha over girls that claimed theyd been forced to get married by their parnts but its not fir on the actual couples that are happy in the marriage.
Its so horrible coz lyk 1 year a passd of marriage and feels like where is time flying.

Do u hink I should email them later next week if the status doe not change? :)
While processing the application for spouse visa they don't make any checks on wether anyone has been forced into marriage, since the sponsor is sending all the nessacry documents such as there passport copy, bank statements and employers letter etc it's is therefore assumed that marriage isn't forced. If they did started making these checks than god help us all.
lol Yh. Sory for all te questions but do u no who i contact if i dont hear anything back by nxt week?

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:44 pm

missy12 wrote:Is there a spreadsheet we can input for visas applied in the new year starting from january 2011?
Can you provide your details such as when you submitted application, where, what the status timeline is, etc.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... u-0I#gid=4

Having a new spreadsheet altogether will make things hectic in a way, so I can put a new tab there and input new details in that new tab.

After all, there are some applicants who have applied in August/Sep and are waiting for their outcome in appeal so having those members listed and those months still available is better.

The spreadsheet has been quiet in terms of fresh applicants so it would be nice if the new year applicants could please provide their details so that I can make the necessary additions to the spreadsheet above.

Thanks
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

skah786

Post by skah786 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:06 pm

^
Hi,
Please can you add me to the spreadsheet

Submitted at Karachi
Submitted on 18/3/11
Status application forwarded to Islamabad OC on 18/3/11 (had that since the day it was submitted)
Spouse in Pakistan was contacted regarding the application on 24/3/11

I have not been contacted neither has my workplace.

In reply to an earlier post, I know a few people who have had their visas issued within 2 weeks, some within 5 to 6 days one person within 2 days. Just lucky I guess?

InshaAllah may we all get lucky.

IndyRhodes
Newly Registered

Post by IndyRhodes » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:29 pm

@shadow:

Sorry...forgot...could you add my "Deadline given to ECO by AIT" for my wife's appeal?

10th June 2011

Thank you!

missy12
Newly Registered

Post by missy12 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:49 pm

Sorry yes here are the details:

Application submitted: 12/01/2011 at Gerrys ISB
Application process at BHC: 24/01/2011

And thats all so far.

It is next week that it would have been 12 weeks.

skah786

Post by skah786 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:04 am

Guys, you were right, it has updated today to under process at British High Commission (31/3/11)

InshaAllah moving along now.

s.razvi
Newly Registered

Post by s.razvi » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:22 am

Application submitted: 21/01/2011 at Gerrys KHI
Application process at BHC: 03/02/2011

now waiting for visa:)

Asil_88

r

Post by Asil_88 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:09 pm

Sorry guys i just keep asking the questions.lol

1)Is it neccessary to provide the Biometrics data with the spouse visa application? or if they ask for it?

2)I keep in contact with my wife through e-mail and phone but using calling cards. would e-mails be suitable as a evidence of contact.

3)im living with parents hence i dont have to pay for living cost such as food, bills becasue my dad is paying for it, so my question is would they ask for information regarding my dad's income?

Asil_88

Re: r

Post by Asil_88 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:10 pm

Hi Guys
Just need more info

1)Is it neccessary to provide the Biometrics data with the spouse visa application? or if they ask for it?

2)I keep in contact with my wife through e-mail and phone but using calling cards. would e-mails be suitable as a evidence of contact.

3)im living with parents hence i dont have to pay for living cost such as food, bills becasue my dad is paying for it, so my question is would they ask for information regarding my dad's income?[/quote]

Asil_88

Re: r

Post by Asil_88 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:13 pm

[quote="Asil_88"]Hi
This will be in the form of the original Nikkah Namma (In Urdu). A certified English translated one will also have to be produced with it at the same time.

you will need to make copies of the file so copy should also be made of urdu and transalated english one.

Please follow link for further information put together by BATLEY KHAN:
at bottom of page, useful guidance for you.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=4320

All the best[/url]

Thnaks for the information, very helpful

ali sher

Post by ali sher » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:51 pm

Submitted on 28/3/11 Islamabad
Status application forwarded to Islamabad OC on 28/3/11

skah786

Post by skah786 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:32 pm

Hi,

Husband missed a call from a number in Islamabad which he reckoned looked official. So we decided to email the embassy and this is their response. I don't really know what to make of it? So worried!

Has anyone had this in the past? Has it led on to good things?

Thanks

Thank you for your email enquiring about the progress of your visa application. I can confirm that the application is currently being processed but we cannot make a decision until all of our checks have been completed. We will do this as soon as we can. You can track the progress of your application at the Visa Application Centre (Gerry’s) website at www.ukvacpk.com.

Yours sincerely,

Settlement Enquiry Desk

missy12
Newly Registered

Post by missy12 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:16 pm

Salam

OMG the status of the application changed this aftrnoon to 'Your application is ready for collection, please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to colect the same'

Does this confirm hubby has the visa or could it be that when he goes in it could be accept or reject???

He wil be going thursday to collect I hope its good news.

Premier
Newly Registered

Post by Premier » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:52 am

missy12 wrote:Salam

OMG the status of the application changed this aftrnoon to 'Your application is ready for collection, please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to colect the same'

Does this confirm hubby has the visa or could it be that when he goes in it could be accept or reject???

It means the decision of your application is ready for collection. It could be a entry clearance or refusal notice. Wish you good luck! I hope he will get the visa.

skah786

Post by skah786 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:26 am

Good luck inshaAllah!
:)

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:10 pm

Aww good luck Missy12....i hope its good news..Inshallah.....Jus pray to Alllah it is...

missy12
Newly Registered

Post by missy12 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:02 pm

Thanks. Inshallah I hope its good news

I will let u all know on thursday once i hear from hubby.

Pleaseeeee do a special dua for me uptil the coming day :)

Im so tensed at the moment cant think clearly so stressin.

missy12
Newly Registered

Post by missy12 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:04 pm

Premier wrote:

It means the decision of your application is ready for collection. It could be a entry clearance or refusal notice. Wish you good luck! I hope he will get the visa.

Thank you :) Inshallah I think u should get news soon coz u applied around the same time in january.

I hope good news for us inshallah

afzal786

Post by afzal786 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:11 pm

missy12 wrote:Thanks. Inshallah I hope its good news

My prayers are with you..

Anyone know the average time they take these days, i have checked on the UKBA average time for ISB is 60 days (93% of applications) excluding holidays (assuming that includes weekends) :x

Please update my details:
Applied on: 24/02/2011
Forwarded to BHC on: 09/03/2011
Still waiting...

Remember me in your duas.

missy12
Newly Registered

Post by missy12 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:17 pm

afzal786 wrote:
missy12 wrote:Thanks. Inshallah I hope its good news

My prayers are with you..

Anyone know the average time they take these days, i have checked on the UKBA average time for ISB is 60 days (93% of applications) excluding holidays (assuming that includes weekends) :x

Please update my details:
Applied on: 24/02/2011
Forwarded to BHC on: 09/03/2011
Still waiting...

Remember me in your duas.
Thanks Afzal

I think they are currently working on the timescale of 3 months

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:01 pm

Good luck missy12 :)

I've added the details given by all so far to the spreadsheet.

An update from my side, last night my wife was telling me that our solicitor says to inquire about the appeal progress so I have sent an email to the following 2 addresses:

appeals.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk
ukhub.pakistangeneralenquiries@fco.gov.uk

So far haven't received a response from either. It's been 13 weeks since I submitted the appeal. Solicitor was saying if they have forgotten to deal with our appeal or have lost it then we can put a case against them.

Should I send an email to another address besides the above 2? My initial application was submitted in Sep 2010 so I come under the Pre 25 Oct applicants list if that helps.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

zaf

email address

Post by zaf » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:14 pm

Shadow86 wrote:Good luck missy12 :)

I've added the details given by all so far to the spreadsheet.

An update from my side, last night my wife was telling me that our solicitor says to inquire about the appeal progress so I have sent an email to the following 2 addresses:

appeals.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk
ukhub.pakistangeneralenquiries@fco.gov.uk

So far haven't received a response from either. It's been 13 weeks since I submitted the appeal. Solicitor was saying if they have forgotten to deal with our appeal or have lost it then we can put a case against them.

Should I send an email to another address besides the above 2? My initial application was submitted in Sep 2010 so I come under the Pre 25 Oct applicants list if that helps.
you should make a note of this:
The Visa Section in the British Embassy Abu Dhabi deals with applications made at the Visa Application Centres in the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Pakistan and at the British Embassy in Iran. We aim to process all applications as quickly as possible.

THEIR EMAIL ADDRESS IS
visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk .make sure you quote the following:

- The applicant’s full names in the order written in the passport

- The applicant’s full date of birth

- The applicant’s nationality

- The applicant’s passport number

- The date the application was made