ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Married to Poland Girl

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

narulade

Married to Poland Girl

Post by narulade » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:30 pm

Hi all

My brother is on Working Holiday Maker Visa. he is getting married to to Poland Citizen Girl in Uk. can you tell me the complete process to follow for this and how much time it will take to my brother to get the uK Citizenship. any web site link or any detail information will help allot

Regards

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:17 pm

Think the girl will need UK Citizenship first.

Steve

narulade

Post by narulade » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:22 pm

for uk citizenship for girl will take some time . then how to go from there.

please help its urgent.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:55 pm

narulade wrote:for uk citizenship for girl will take some time . then how to go from there.

please help its urgent.
What is her status exactly? Has she a residence permit, registered on WRS, job, student?

And ur bro, u say he's on WHV, how long left on that, native country?

Maybe they can go to Poland and regularise their status there and thence move within EU to UK?

Doveriye, no proveriye

Steve

narulade

Post by narulade » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:32 am

she is working in U.K with my brother. and my brother got 8 more months with his visa stamp.

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: Married to Poland Girl

Post by olisun » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:10 am

narulade wrote:how much time it will take to my brother to get the uK Citizenship.
Not sounding to be rude, this sounds like a marriage of convenience.... :D :D :D

btw when did you brother get the WHV visa and how long has he been working?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:18 am

Narulade, your brother has WHV .... how much time is left on that? That is, when does it expire?
John

narulade

Post by narulade » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:28 am

HI all

Thanks for the reply. my brothers visa is expiring on 23rd of Feb 2007.

plese help

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:59 pm

OK, thanks for that. It is important. In order to get married in the UK your brother will need to apply for a Certificate of Approval to Marry ("CoA") and had he less than 3 months validity left on his visa that would not have been possible.

Click here to download a CoA Application form. That application should be made as soon as possible. It will take about two months to process.

Following the issue of the CoA your brother and his fiancée need to go to a designated Register Office and register their intention to marry. That will result in permission to marry being issued after about two weeks, and that permission is valid for 12 months. However in your brother's circumstances that marriage clearly needs to happen before the expiry of his current visa.

If the two of them intend to get married in a (specifically) Church of England Church then post that fact and ignore the above.
John

narulade

Post by narulade » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:00 pm

Hi John

Thanks for your detail reply i will forward this to my brother. in case of any question i will get back to you.

Thanks again