ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Would I qualify for ten year stay in 2014?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wonderfulcounsellorbaby
Newly Registered

Would I qualify for ten year stay in 2014?

Post by wonderfulcounsellorbaby » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:12 pm

Hi good people,
Can someone please look into my case for me as i know i would not be the only one with this situation.
1.I came to this country in october 2004 as a student. I applied to switch to post study in May 2009 and was refused on maintenance grounds only. I was asked to leave the country because of the refusal but i somehow managed to stay illegally until September 2010.
2 I applied for review in September 2010 using Pankina and was granted psw in Nov. 2010 until Nov 2012.
QUESTIONS:
1 Assuming i manage to get an extension till 2014( by which time i wd be ten years in UK), wd I qualify for ILR ?
2.Would there be any issue about break in long stay since I stayed here illegally for abt one and a half years?
3. Is there any way I can use Pankina to defend the ten yr long stay?

joh118

Re: Would I qualify for ten year stay in 2014?

Post by joh118 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:50 pm

wonderfulcounsellorbaby wrote:Hi good people,
Can someone please look into my case for me as i know i would not be the only one with this situation.
1.I came to this country in october 2004 as a student. I applied to switch to post study in May 2009 and was refused on maintenance grounds only. I was asked to leave the country because of the refusal but i somehow managed to stay illegally until September 2010.
2 I applied for review in September 2010 using Pankina and was granted psw in Nov. 2010 until Nov 2012.
QUESTIONS:
1 Assuming i manage to get an extension till 2014( by which time i wd be ten years in UK), wd I qualify for ILR ?
2.Would there be any issue about break in long stay since I stayed here illegally for abt one and a half years?
1. depends.
2. yes - this is a very big problem.
3. depends.

Was your application for PSW visa in May 2009 an in-time application?
When was the date you got refused?
What was the date you applied using Pankina?

I think there is a gap in your application that you will not be able to defend. Is there any reason why you could not ask for review using Pankina ASAP when your initial application was refused?

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:09 am

QUESTIONS:
10 yrs based ILR is for people with 10 yrs continuous lawful stay...... and on what basis you are assuming to extend your visa after PSW expires ?

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:28 pm

QUESTIONS:
1. I do not understand that how u managed to get the PSW visa after u had an illegal stay from May 2009 to Sep 2010 then u applied for the visa and it was granted?
2. ILR on 10 yeears forget about that as u ILR clock stopped wen u were illegal.

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:11 pm

QUESTIONS:
You may try for 14 years Long residence rule.