ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Child Foriegn Mother

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shazan
Newly Registered

British Child Foriegn Mother

Post by shazan » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:23 am

Hello friends,

I have just joined today after visiting this website. I have a rather unusual case and would be grateful to anyone who can offer some advise. A child is British and holds a full British passport through his father. However the mother is a citizen of a commonwealth country. Both the mother and child is currently residing overseas.

Is there any provison within the Immigration and Asylum Act 1971 for the mother to be admiited for settlement in the United Kingdom?

Any advise would be much gratefully appriciated.

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:16 am

Does the father still have contact with the child?

What are the mother's other circumstances? (i.e. might she qualify for a visa in her own right?)

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:48 am

Last edited by vinny on Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

shazan
Newly Registered

Post by shazan » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:04 am

Kitty wrote:Does the father still have contact with the child?

What are the mother's other circumstances? (i.e. might she qualify for a visa in her own right?)
Hi many thanks for the reply. The father has no contact with the child or mother. Please be adivised the father is in the United Kingdom residing permenantly.

The mother did apply for a visitors visa to the UK on her own right. However the British visa seciton overseas rejected her application on the following grounds:

1. She failed to secure permission from the father to take the child to UK.
2. She did not obtain consent from the UK local authority for fosterig of her child.
3. She falied to secure a school place for her child in the UK
4. Her evidence of financial circumstances were not correct for the trip.

After receiving the above refusal notice I contacted the local authority to clarify their positon. The local council confirmed in writing that a school place can not be secured until the child is in the UK. With reagrds to the fostering permission the local council confirmed on a letter that as I am the childs uncle fostering permisison is NOT required. I have also read the childrens act 1989 and under schedule 8, section 66(5), subsection 2(1)(a) private fostering is exempt in a relative of the child is caring for a child. Also under secton 2(7) of the childrens act 1989 it states that when two parents have PR for a child either of those parent may act alone for the child.

In relation to the finance all evidence were correct and bonafine. That was another unreasonable grounds. The childs mother resides with her father (the childs maternal grandfather) he has over 100,000 pound of movabel capital and his bank statement going as far as last year confirms his and the mothers finance in Bangladesh. I declared from the UK me and my wife are happy to accomodate the mother during her visit and happy to pay for her cost of living. Me and my wife have good job and our income and savings evidnce were provided.

In my view the authorites in Bnagladesh has refused this mothers visa applicaiton on unlawful grounds. The mother has appealed and a review of the grounds of refusal were conducted at the visa section few days ago however they have confiremd they remain satisfied that the mother has not met the requirments fo the immigration rule paragraph 41 and upheld their decison. They think that the mothers intention is to settle in the UK. That is the state of mind of the Entry clearance manager. How is the mother suppose to express her state of mind!

I consider this is unlawful and the case should be taken to the high court in London instead to the First Tier Tribunal. I rang the First Tier Tribunal to find out how long it will take for an immigration judge to hear the evidence only to be informed it would take 6 to 12 months.

I am now considering what to do for my sister and her son. Any advise would be grateful.

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:15 am

Can you clarify what your sister actually wants to do? In your first post you asked about her being "admitted for settlement". The you said you wanted to take action on the refusal of a visit visa.

As far as I can see, you are the uncle of a British child who is currently living in Bangladesh with his mother and grandfather.

Your sister applied to visit the UK but was refused for the reasons you state.

Is the intention that your nephew should come and live with you and your wife permanently?

Does your sister then want to come to the UK to live with him?

If you could post the exact wording of the refusal then that would help.

shazan
Newly Registered

Post by shazan » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:50 am

Kitty wrote:Can you clarify what your sister actually wants to do? In your first post you asked about her being "admitted for settlement". The you said you wanted to take action on the refusal of a visit visa.

As far as I can see, you are the uncle of a British child who is currently living in Bangladesh with his mother and grandfather.

Your sister applied to visit the UK but was refused for the reasons you state.

Is the intention that your nephew should come and live with you and your wife permanently?

Does your sister then want to come to the UK to live with him?

If you could post the exact wording of the refusal then that would help.
Hi im sorry if my last post seems confusing. Yes u are correct to say i am the uncle of a british child. My nephew is living in bangladesh with his mum and grandparents. My sister wants her son to live permenently with me and my wife. We are contented to look after my nephew. As far as uk immigration rule is concerned there is no provision 4 the mother to settle in uk. There4 after careful consideration me and my sister decided that she wil visit me and bring her son over and leave him with us and then she wil return. She would cum to visit during holidays. She applied 4 family visa and the ukba refused with the grounds i outlined in my last post. Any advise what to do now please?