ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of being overseas for earnings..

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nafe12

Proof of being overseas for earnings..

Post by nafe12 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:04 pm

Does proof of being overseas ONLY apply to uplift situations?

In the guidance, paragraph 130 states
Where an applicant has earnings from more than one country, the points based calculator will apply the appropriate uplift ratio for each country the person was physically in when they earned the money in order to provide a total UK equivalent value of earnings. Clear evidence of the applicant’s presence in each country for the time period of the overseas earnings should be provided with the application.
I have some overseas earnings, but they are band 1 and thus do NOT attract an uplift ratio. Do I still need to show that I was overseas for those earnings (my country doesn't stamp on entry, and the UK doesn't stamp when leaving :()

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:42 am

Seeing as your overseas earnings are band1 and will get no uplift ratio, in my opinion, it shouldn't make a difference as the earnings will just be taken without any uplift.

To be on the safe side, just get a letter from your employer overseas stating that from these dates you worked abroad from the company

itsvinodin
Newly Registered

Post by itsvinodin » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:33 am

so the bank statement in overseas/ pay slip in overseas doesn't serve the purpose is it?

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:52 pm

itsvinodin,

I am not saying that the statements and overseas payslips are not enough, but if you search this forum, you hear cases where people have been refused due to not providing enough clarification in their documents.

In my opinion, it is better to give more relevant information to provide as much clarity as possible, even if it may seem unnecessary

itsvinodin
Newly Registered

Post by itsvinodin » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:27 pm

Hi ,

thanks for you reply.

Yes I understood and agree with you , but unfortunately I did submit only my payslips/bank stmnts like most of us do. I thought that is what they require in any ways as an income proof. Every employer follow their own way of designing their payslip formats and so does the bank. If pay slips and bank statements doesn't server the purpose then what else can help us, :) we can't really ask our previous employers to give such a proof man. you know how it is if you are out of your country.

Even if they refuse we have a point to prove and passport travel history says it all. but its a pain appealing/asking for review etc., can't help it.

Anyone has any opinion on this about submitting a solid proof other than payslips/bank stmnt for overseas or home country earnings??

thanks,
V

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:02 pm

Hi itsvinodin,

On a personal note, I believe payslips and bank statements are enough, so do not worry too much. If UKBA are being thorough, the travel information is contained in your passport and they should see it.

I hope everything goes well for you.

Kind Regards

itsvinodin
Newly Registered

Post by itsvinodin » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:19 pm

thanks for your swift response,

I believe so,, :)

And its after all,
an Initial application(so no chance for INR earnings made in UK :) ) ,
travelled on a valid work visa only on aug 2010.

so anyone would believe that i must have made the earnings in the actual country and uplift can be applied.

thanks again mate,

rgds,

need_info
Newly Registered

Post by need_info » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:23 am

I had an overseas earning in band1 from salaried sources. points were given for it with payslips and bankstatements. so that should be sufficient