ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Enrollment Letter - Please Help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ali110
Newly Registered

Biometric Enrollment Letter - Please Help

Post by ali110 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:16 pm

Dear All,

I applied for Tier 1 General (Initial application) on 16.03.11. I received the acknowledgment letter dated 17.03.11 within two days but I haven't yet received the 'Biometric Enrollment Letter'
. I think it might have been lost in post or something.

I did some research on this issue and in majority of the cases the applicants received their biometric enrollment letter within two to three days from receiving the acknowledgment letter.

Has somebody got any contact details where I can call or email to confirm that if they have sent me the biometric enrollment letter?

I was also surprised that in some cases on this website, UKBA did not asked the applicants to give their biometric details.

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:53 pm Post subject: Tier 1 (General) Application Timelines
1. Category changing (switching) from: Work Permit to Tier 1 (General)
2. Date of expiry of current leave (visa): 17/08/2012
3. Date application posted: 12/11/2010 (via Royal Mail Special Delivery)
4. Date payment debited: 19/11/2010
5. Payment mode: Cheque
6. Date leave to remain valid from: 19/01/2011
7. Date of biometric enrolment: N/A
8. Date passport / BRP received: 25/01/2011

Note that the above candidate has written 'N/A' in front of Date of Biometric Enrollment.

Please Help!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:31 pm

Where does it say that UKBA must send a Biometric invitation letter within X weeks?

N/A could also mean "not available", as in "can't remember"! Or perhaps the member didn't want to share the information! Simple as that! In this case, the applicant was issued a visa in the passport, as BRP are issued only for applications submitted on / after 14-Dec-10.

Wait patiently, as UKBA is under no legal obligation to process your application in a defined / specified time frame. And because someone else's application takes less time to process doesn't mean that yours should too ... because every application is decided on its own merits.

Reading this post may help.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ali110
Newly Registered

Post by ali110 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:47 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Where does it say that UKBA must send a Biometric invitation letter within X weeks?

N/A could also mean "not available", as in "can't remember"! Or perhaps the member didn't want to share the information! Simple as that! In this case, the applicant was issued a visa in the passport, as BRP are issued only for applications submitted on / after 14-Dec-10.

Wait patiently, as UKBA is under no legal obligation to process your application in a defined / specified time frame. And because someone else's application takes less time to process doesn't mean that yours should too ... because every application is decided on its own merits.

Reading this post may help.
Thanks. You're a gentleman, Sir.

P.S If it was lost in post, then what?

themonsoonhunter

Post by themonsoonhunter » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:39 pm

I got it after 2 weeks. Don't worry...

Tboy
Newly Registered

Post by Tboy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:36 am

Its being 6weeks and I have not received mine as well.I made a call to them yesterday and the guy I spoke to checked my reference number and told me to still wait,that a letter was sent to me a day before.So am hoping what he said is right,cos I was just concerned that may be the letter got missing in transit.I hope I get to receive it though...So you not alone,I guess they are are extreme cases,which no one got a clue of why such happens...

Tboy
Newly Registered

Post by Tboy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:51 am

In my case my biometric letter got to me after 42 days after sending my application..This was very strange...Hopefully you guys will get yours soon...Hope this helps

Cynn
Newly Registered

Post by Cynn » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:04 am

Tboy wrote:Its being 6weeks and I have not received mine as well.I made a call to them yesterday and the guy I spoke to checked my reference number and told me to still wait,that a letter was sent to me a day before.So am hoping what he said is right,cos I was just concerned that may be the letter got missing in transit.I hope I get to receive it though...So you not alone,I guess they are are extreme cases,which no one got a clue of why such happens...
Hi, Tboy,

Can you tell me the telephone number you used to reach them? Thanks.

chavdara
Newly Registered

Post by chavdara » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:58 pm

Hi All,

I got an email last week with reference but still haven't got any letter about 'biometric letter' from UKBA.

My visa will get expired on 24th april.

do i need to chase anyone ?

Appreicate your help.

Cheers,
Raj

tier1holder
Newly Registered

Post by tier1holder » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:12 pm

Hi,

I have sent my Tier 1 General ext application on March 18th and it reached HO on 21st March.

I am still waiting for the biometric enrollment letter.

Ali, pls update whenever you receive the letter.

Hope we will receive it soon.

Thanks,
Lax.

chavdara
Newly Registered

Post by chavdara » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:54 pm

Hi Teir1Holder,

I got an email on 1st april but didn't book my biometric ( actually i should have booked as email also mentioned ref number ) and on 7th i got letter also for biometric.

So i booked an appointment but this month there are 4 days of holiday so earliest i got is on 17th May at croydon.

Thanks,
Raj

nafe12

Post by nafe12 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:59 pm

I haven't got my enrolment letter yet.

But I'm a little confused. It seems some people can go to the post-office, while others book at enrolment centres.

Do we have the choice? Or is the post-office thing it only by special invitation.

chavdara
Newly Registered

Post by chavdara » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:27 pm

Hi nafe,

If you are single then you can go to postoffice.

But if dependent is with you then you don't have that option.

Thanks,
Raj

subbala
Newly Registered

Post by subbala » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:45 pm

Hi,

I posted my application alongwith dependents applications on 21st Mar
and got an ack letter.
But I'm still waiting for biometric enrolment letter...
btw, the payment for dependent application using credit card has not been deducted yet...

@Tboy, looks like you had called some HO telephone number to enquire about this ?
What is the contact number ?

Thanks.

tier1holder
Newly Registered

Post by tier1holder » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:57 am

Hi Subbala,

Have you received your Biometric enrollment letter? I am still waiting. Please let us know when you receive it.

Thanks,
Laxma.

sh1981
Member of Standing

Post by sh1981 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:08 am

what if it got lost in post? can anyone tell me what to do in such situation? is there a way to check with ukba if its been dispatched
---
ILR Submit: 05/12/2012
Spouse Visa Exp: 09/12/2012
Ack Rec'd: 12/12/2012
Bio Rec'd: 10/01/2013
Bio Done: 10/01/2013
ILR Approval letter: 05/03/2013
Bio RP Rec'd: 06/03/2013
Current Stat: Settled
My Blog: uk-spouse-visa.blogspot.com