ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Experts on Settlement visa - Please check

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

returntotheuk
Ireland

Experts on Settlement visa - Please check

Post by returntotheuk » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:05 pm

Hi folks,

Can anyone tell me if this is a good layout for my wife's index file to give with her application for spouse visa?

1. Application form/Statement letters

Application form
Statement letter from Spouse
Statement letter from Sponsor
T.B Certificate

2. Passports and Identification

Birth Certificates (Spouse, Sponsor, Children)
Passport/Copies (Spouse, Sponsor, Children)
Spouse's Previous UK visa copied from passport

3. Finances and Funds

Letter from Sponsor
Bank Statement
Monthly Expenditures
Sponsor's C.V

4. Accommodation

Letter from Sponsor
Home Details/Room sizes
Letter of invitation from Sponsors Mother

5. Our Relationship

Letter from Sponsor
Marriage certificate
Joint Bank statement
House rental agreement of where we lived
Family letters
Family Photographs

Is there anything I should change or have missed before I start collecting all the info?

Thanks

[/list]

deland
- thin ice -

Post by deland » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:26 am

Hi, everything you are going to submit looks ok, i'd only say are you returning back to the uk? if so then i'd take it you don't have employment yet?
Re: accommodation it sounds like you will be staying with your mum? can i ask what info you are submitting for accommodation?
I ask all this as my wife was refused her settlement visa and our set up sounds very much like yours as in i stayed in thailand for a long time and then tried to get my wife back with me here but failed on accommodation and some other bits.

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:13 am

Yes: for the accommodation you should include evidence that your mother owns the house or that she is a tenant and the landlord agrees to you and your wife living there.

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:53 am

I think one sponsor letter to encompass all areas is enough to go through and one letter to outline all that you will be including for each area.

You will also need a housing inspection from council/ estate agent to validate the housing act and pics of each room.

deland
- thin ice -

Post by deland » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:57 am

skyepark wrote:You will also need a housing inspection from council
i heard that they don't do this for anyone?? even when i spoke with immagation on this they said you won't get anyone to come out and do that.

returntotheuk
Ireland

Post by returntotheuk » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:01 pm

deland wrote:Hi, everything you are going to submit looks ok, i'd only say are you returning back to the uk? if so then i'd take it you don't have employment yet?
Re: accommodation it sounds like you will be staying with your mum? can i ask what info you are submitting for accommodation?
I ask all this as my wife was refused her settlement visa and our set up sounds very much like yours as in i stayed in thailand for a long time and then tried to get my wife back with me here but failed on accommodation and some other bits.
Hi deland, thanks for your reply.

I am returning to the UK but I do not have job to go too.

I will be staying with my mum until I get sorted with a job and settled. I was going to summit an invitation from my Mum to stay indefinitely plus a copy of the deeds to her house.

She has 5 rooms which more than cover occupancy required.

Why did you fail on accommodation?

returntotheuk
Ireland

Post by returntotheuk » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:04 pm

skyepark wrote:I think one sponsor letter to encompass all areas is enough to go through and one letter to outline all that you will be including for each area.

You will also need a housing inspection from council/ estate agent to validate the housing act and pics of each room.
Hi Skypepark, thanks for your reply.

I will just make oe sponsor letter to cover all, I was trying to make it as clear as pssible for the ECO though.

Are you sure I need an estate agent out for this? Anyone else confirm this is the case?

alanakaja1980

Post by alanakaja1980 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:26 pm

We never got a housing inspection report. We will also be staying at my Mum's house. We submitted a letter from my Mum confirming that we can stay at the property rent free, a few pictures of the house, her mortgage statement, her council tax statement and a utility bill.

deland
- thin ice -

Post by deland » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:00 pm

when we failed they didn't say why, but since then i've learnt that it may have been that we didn't show council tax bill etc, if your mum owns her home then thats a plus, having no job you will need to get your mum to say that she will cover everything for you to stay there unless you have alot of money yourself?
And it would help if you could show your intentions re work!!

When we did our visa i had £9000 to come back here with and that was still no good for embassy, so now i'm back in the uk and waiting for appeal date it has been 6 months now going though this so try your best to cover everything for visa.

You won't need an agent if the home is your mums only if rented
Last edited by deland on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deland
- thin ice -

Post by deland » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:07 pm

alanakaja1980 wrote:We never got a housing inspection report. We will also be staying at my Mum's house. We submitted a letter from my Mum confirming that we can stay at the property rent free, a few pictures of the house, her mortgage statement, her council tax statement and a utility bill.
Your right!! Thats all thats needed