ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Savings required for settlement visa?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

returntotheuk
Ireland

Savings required for settlement visa?

Post by returntotheuk » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:34 pm

Hi folks,

I know there is no fixed amount of what savings are required for a settlement visa. However, does anyone roughly know what the minimum amount is advised if the sponsor does not have job to go too?

We are hoping to return to the UK and I sponsor do not have job to go too. However, we have accommodation sorted according the rules.

Would savings to cover 1 year of living expenses be enough? If so, what is the minimum amount that a family of 5 is expected to live on without accommdation costs?

Thanks

alanakaja1980

Post by alanakaja1980 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:23 pm

I am my husbands sponsor and I do not have a job due to being in the later stages of pregnancy. We have just applied recently and our savings are around £6k.

returntotheuk
Ireland

Post by returntotheuk » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:51 pm

alanakaja1980 wrote:I am my husbands sponsor and I do not have a job due to being in the later stages of pregnancy. We have just applied recently and our savings are around £6k.
Thanks alanakaja1980,

Please let me know how you get on. Good luck.

Are you already settled in UK? I am returning with my wife and children (hopefully). We have 3 children which all have British passports so just the mum to sort out with the visa. A lot of info required but getting there, we are not expecting to go until later in the year but it is a good job with the amount stuff to collect for supporting docs.

Thanks.

alanakaja1980

Post by alanakaja1980 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:18 pm

returntotheuk wrote:
alanakaja1980 wrote:I am my husbands sponsor and I do not have a job due to being in the later stages of pregnancy. We have just applied recently and our savings are around £6k.
Thanks alanakaja1980,

Please let me know how you get on. Good luck.

Are you already settled in UK? I am returning with my wife and children (hopefully). We have 3 children which all have British passports so just the mum to sort out with the visa. A lot of info required but getting there, we are not expecting to go until later in the year but it is a good job with the amount stuff to collect for supporting docs.

Thanks.
No problem.

Yeah I am settled here in the UK. There is a lot of info you have to take in and a lot of stuff you have to prepare for the application. My advice is don't rush, take your time to prepare, and then cross all your fingers!! Good luck to you too when the time comes.

returntotheuk
Ireland

Post by returntotheuk » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:52 pm

Thanks for the info.

Another question.

I am adding our monthly expense to our visa application.

Can anyone tell me what I need to include? I mean do I only include our essentials like food, clothing costs, council tax, electric, gas etc?

If we are going to be living with my Mum for the first year until we are settled, would we add council tax and utility bills down as an expense if my mum says we do not need to pay for any bills or rent (we will be though).?

Thanks,