ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for wife on dependent visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

drradarsh
Newly Registered

ILR for wife on dependent visa

Post by drradarsh » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:57 pm

Hello,

I am currently working in the UK under Tier 1 General migrant VISA.
VISA Is valid till June 2012.
I have lived in uk since Aug 2003 on several different VISA's.

I am eligible for ILR in June 2012 through Tier 1 general migrant visa.I am currently eligible for ILR as I have lived in UK for more than5 years with Tier 1,HSMP and work permit combined.

My wife came as my dependent in march 2010 and has visa valid till June 2012.She went to India in Nov 2010 for delivery of our baby and will be returning in June 2011(a total of 7 months)

If I apply for ILR now will my wife and son be automatically eligible for ILR or will they have to be in UK for a certain period of time.

Thanks for your advice.

Regards,
Adi

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR for wife on dependent visa

Post by geriatrix » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:18 pm

drradarsh wrote:My wife came as my dependent in march 2010
If this was her "first" entry in UK, then (under current rules) she will be eligible for settlement only in March 2012 (319E(d)).

Your child, however will be eligible for settlement if he/she returns to UK before you apply for settlement and is included in your settlement application as a dependant (319J).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

drradarsh
Newly Registered

Post by drradarsh » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:02 pm

Thank you sushdmehta for the kind reply.
Yes march 2010 was the first time she entered UK,so it looks like she will be eligible only in March 2012,but will it make a difference that during this period she has been away from UK for a period of 7 months.
The reason for her being India was the birth of our baby....

Regards,
Adi

ukmigrant2011

Post by ukmigrant2011 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:12 pm

drradarsh wrote:Thank you sushdmehta for the kind reply.
Yes march 2010 was the first time she entered UK,so it looks like she will be eligible only in March 2012,but will it make a difference that during this period she has been away from UK for a period of 7 months.
The reason for her being India was the birth of our baby....

Regards,
Adi
hi , the current Set (O) application form doesnot ask about dependant's out of UK details. I applied with my dependant who finished 2 years in UK and in between she was away from UK for around 8 months. I hope your dependants case should not be a problem.

drradarsh
Newly Registered

Post by drradarsh » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:48 pm

Thank you so very much for that advice