ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Awaiting reply...too long!!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shazhira
Newly Registered

Awaiting reply...too long!!!

Post by shazhira » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:35 pm

I have been living in the Uk since 1998 as a student. In 2004 i applied for leave to remain on the auspices or the innovators visor.Up to now i have not heard anything from them, save for the complaint i then lodged with my member of parliament for Brent North. They then replied him on my behalf, stating that when i applied, my visa had already expired, when in actual fact i got my passport when the visa had already expired!!!

I then went to Home office Coydon to find out for myself, only to be told that my passport had a wrong endorsment on it!. I was shocked to say the least. I said i wanted my passport back and they could not give me a clue as to where it was, but gave me some number to ring. I then rang the number, only to be told they were still considering my case.

Iam now very tired to even persue this matter, but wish to get help as now its getting into 3 solid years without my passport.HELP HELP anybody please!!

motorbyke
Newly Registered

Post by motorbyke » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:46 am

This forum seems to be limited to HSMP issues. No one really bothers if the issue is non-HSMP related. Its better if you email the authorities directly.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:08 am

motorbyke wrote:This forum seems to be limited to HSMP issues. No one really bothers if the issue is non-HSMP related.
What do you expect in a response if nobody has an answer to your query and Lawyers are not going to give you advice for free on a forum, will they?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:24 am

They then replied him on my behalf, stating that when i applied, my visa had already expired, when in actual fact i got my passport when the visa had already expired!!!
As a question of fact, when you applied for your new visa, had the expiry date of the old visa expired?
This forum seems to be limited to HSMP issues. No one really bothers if the issue is non-HSMP related. Its better if you email the authorities directly.
Absolutely not true .... but it has not helped this topic being started in the "Employment and jobs in the UK section" ... which it clearly does not relate to.

I shall now move it to "General UK Immigration".
Last edited by John on Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
John

motorbyke
Newly Registered

Post by motorbyke » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:58 am

olisun wrote:
motorbyke wrote:This forum seems to be limited to HSMP issues. No one really bothers if the issue is non-HSMP related.
What do you expect in a response if nobody has an answer to your query and Lawyers are not going to give you advice for free on a forum, will they?
Precisely. People here have answers to only HSMP queries.
I hope this forum gets members who have knowledge of non-HSMP related issues.

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:12 am

What an incredibly stupid thing to say - there are thousands of threads in whihc HSMP isn't mentioned at all. If it is so useless, don't let us detain you....
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

motorbyke
Newly Registered

Post by motorbyke » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:59 am

ppron747 wrote:What an incredibly stupid thing to say - there are thousands of threads in whihc HSMP isn't mentioned at all. If it is so useless, don't let us detain you....
What a silly comment to make - the percentage/number of threads answered on HSMP forum far exceeds those on any other topic. This notwithstanding the fact that the number of immigrants entering the UK under other immigration categories is a lot higher than HSMP.

What are you so upset about?:lol:
I never said it was useless. :lol:

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:13 am

Hi folks ... cool it! Any more off-topic posts here will get deleted ... without warning!

As already said the main problem here relates to the fact that this topic was started in the wrong place.
John