ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension ( Post 6th April 2011 )

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manisankarmani

Tier 1 Extension ( Post 6th April 2011 )

Post by manisankarmani » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:51 pm

Hi,

I was following this forum for a long time. Recently one email from my immigration lawyer on my extension made me nervous about the recent change taking place after 6th April.

I found many posts where its suggests that there will be no change of rule for extension of Tier 1 G category applied till 5th April 2011. Anyone who entered UK with X points and rules will continue his extension with those rules. ( X = 75, 80 )

Now, when I asked the same to my immigration lawyer, I got confused in one specific point.

I managed to score 30 points in previous earnings ( £50 - £51K) and 85 total points when I applied for T1 G initial application on 22nd June 2010. When I try to extend my visa ( Leave to Remain ), do I need same point in previous earning that is 30 and total 85 or I am fine if I achieve 75 total points with previous earning 20 points ( 35-40K).

In short, if my income shrinks after my 1st T1 application, does that make any difference in extension even I score required 75 points

I know this could be a old question, but it would be excellent if you could reply me back.

Thanks in advance.

Please find the 2 links where I checked whether its mentioned there or not. But, alas I failed to locate any such things:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dance1.pdf
or
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 Extension ( Post 6th April 2011 )

Post by mtuckersa » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:01 pm

manisankarmani wrote:Hi,

I was following this forum for a long time. Recently one email from my immigration lawyer on my extension made me nervous about the recent change taking place after 6th April.

I found many posts where its suggests that there will be no change of rule for extension of Tier 1 G category applied till 5th April 2011. Anyone who entered UK with X points and rules will continue his extension with those rules. ( X = 75, 80 )

Now, when I asked the same to my immigration lawyer, I got confused in one specific point.

I managed to score 30 points in previous earnings ( £50 - £51K) and 85 total points when I applied for T1 G initial application on 22nd June 2010. When I try to extend my visa ( Leave to Remain ), do I need same point in previous earning that is 30 and total 85 or I am fine if I achieve 75 total points with previous earning 20 points ( 35-40K).

In short, if my income shrinks after my 1st T1 application, does that make any difference in extension even I score required 75 points

I know this could be a old question, but it would be excellent if you could reply me back.

Thanks in advance.

Please find the 2 links where I checked whether its mentioned there or not. But, alas I failed to locate any such things:

or
this has been discussed before and what it comes down to is that you need to meet the criteria when you last applied.

Criteria meaning the 75 or 80 points so if you scored over 75 or 80 it does not matter you need to meet MINIMUM criteria.

manisankarmani

Re: Tier 1 Extension ( Post 6th April 2011 )

Post by manisankarmani » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:14 pm

mtuckersa wrote:
manisankarmani wrote:Hi,

Thanks in advance.

or
this has been discussed before and what it comes down to is that you need to meet the criteria when you last applied.

Criteria meaning the 75 or 80 points so if you scored over 75 or 80 it does not matter you need to meet MINIMUM criteria.
Many thanks for your prompt response. If I understood properly, in the following line

"if you scored over 75 or 80 it does not matter you need to meet MINIMUM criteria" - you meant, its fine for me to apply for extension with 75 points no matter what I got in my T1 G initial application as long as 75 is the MINIMUM score ( though I scored 85 in initial application )

Thanks once again for such a prompt response.

esukhpreet9
Newly Registered

Query regarding gap of 10 days between employments

Post by esukhpreet9 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:35 am

Hi,

My Tier 1 visa expires in feb 2012 and I am changing job in may. But there will be a gap of 10 days between my current empoyment last day and the next employment start date. Will that create any issue in my extension application??

Regards
SS

theroyale

Post by theroyale » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:05 pm

esukhpreet9 Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:35 am Post subject: Query regarding gap of 10 days between employments

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

My Tier 1 visa expires in feb 2012 and I am changing job in may. But there will be a gap of 10 days between my current empoyment last day and the next employment start date. Will that create any issue in my extension application??

Regards
SS
Makes no difference.