ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New T2 rules

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anul

New T2 rules

Post by anul » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:05 am

Dear All, Please help me to understand in view of below statement from BIA,
"The Migration Advisory Committee (MAC) has today recommended a new shorter list of occupations eligible for migration under Tier 2 of the points-based system.

As part of its review of the immigration system, the government raised the threshold for Tier 2 visas to 'graduate level' and commissioned the MAC to examine which occupations should qualify.

The government asked that the MAC use the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) level 4 and above as the relevant benchmark. This will reduce the number of occupations qualifying for Tier 2 visas by 71, down from 192 to 121."

So now Tier 2 will be issued to some one on the graduate level job.

Regards

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:05 pm

if your job title is on code of practice and you ARE a GRADUATE, only then you can apply for tier 2.

that report updated the current list by removing occupations below graduate level

cheers

anul

Post by anul » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:05 pm

Many thanks for your reply. I am currently on T 2 issued in 2008 buy would like to change the employer. My previous job title was on code of practice but its not there any more.
As per my understanding the new rules are not applied to some one who successfully granted T2 in the past.
Any Suggestion will be highly appriciated.

mt_dilber

Post by mt_dilber » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:12 pm

anul wrote: As per my understanding the new rules are not applied to some one who successfully granted T2 in the past
mmmmmmm but i think it does not apply on tier 2 holder who is continuing to work for same employer but if u change your employer then u are considered as new tier 2 applicant and subjected to new rules.

anul

Post by anul » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:53 pm

Found this from Tier 2 guidance,,

Applications for Leave To Remain made on or after 6 April 2011
If you are already in the UK and have or last had entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to 72. remain as a:
Tier 2 (General) under the Rules in place before 6 April 2011,•
Qualifying Work Permit Holder, •
Representative of an Overseas Newspaper, News Agency or Broadcasting • Organisation,
Member of the Operational Ground Staff of an Overseas-owned Airline, or•
Jewish Agency Employee •
The job does not need to be at graduate level. However, the Certificate of Sponsorship 73. must confirm that the job is at or above S/NVQ level 3 unless your last grant of leave was as a senior care worker or established entertainer. The Certificate of Sponsorship must also confirm that you will be paid at or above the appropriate rate for the job. These requirements are set out in the codes of practice on our website at: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/emplo ... fpractice/

Ryco1200
Newly Registered

Post by Ryco1200 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:27 pm

Anul, you should be able to change employer with out too much hassle as long as your new employer is a licensed sponsor. You will not have to meet the new graduate requirement,or new salary threshold and you will not be subject to the new limit, as far as I know because you are already in the country. Check the transitional arrangements in the statement of intent.

jlewisunh

Re: New T2 rules

Post by jlewisunh » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:18 pm

anul wrote:Dear All, Please help me to understand in view of below statement from BIA,
"The Migration Advisory Committee (MAC) has today recommended a new shorter list of occupations eligible for migration under Tier 2 of the points-based system.

As part of its review of the immigration system, the government raised the threshold for Tier 2 visas to 'graduate level' and commissioned the MAC to examine which occupations should qualify.

The government asked that the MAC use the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) level 4 and above as the relevant benchmark. This will reduce the number of occupations qualifying for Tier 2 visas by 71, down from 192 to 121."

sorry...so this means that out of every single type of job available in the UK only 121 (out of probably a thousand??) can be used to satisfy tier 2 requirements? that seems bizarre...

Ryco1200
Newly Registered

Post by Ryco1200 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:41 pm

There were 192 job titles that were at NVQ3 level, after the MAC has done their own research with regards to each job title they found that in their eyes only 121 of those job titles were should qualify for NVQ4, so in future applicants just need to be offered a job title on the NVQ4 list and this will be enough to settle the qualification requirement,i.e they will not have to submit qualifications. Also remember the new requirements for this NVQ4 level is for new applicants coming to the country.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:47 pm

Also remember the new requirements for this NVQ4 level is for new applicants coming to the country.
not exactly true.. this requirement also applies to those on post-study visa or student visa as well!

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 am

arsenal49 wrote:
Also remember the new requirements for this NVQ4 level is for new applicants coming to the country.
not exactly true.. this requirement also applies to those on post-study visa or student visa as well!
i guess this is what im still, after all this time, confused about. there are changes coming for tier 2 in april of this year. but if youre on psw, in the uk before april do they all affect you? only some? if so, which ones?

as far as i can tell aresnal is correct that anyone applying for tier 2 after april (whatever the day is) 2011 has to mee salary requirements and the graduate level job criteria. am i wrong?

ratapita

In-coiuntry applications

Post by ratapita » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:11 pm

jlewisunh wrote:
arsenal49 wrote:
i guess this is what im still, after all this time, confused about. there are changes coming for tier 2 in april of this year. but if youre on psw, in the uk before april do they all affect you? only some? if so, which ones?

as far as i can tell aresnal is correct that anyone applying for tier 2 after april (whatever the day is) 2011 has to mee salary requirements and the graduate level job criteria. am i wrong?
I think you are right , if you are switching in to Tier 2 the new rules will apply, the only difference wiill be if you are applying in -country then your sponsorship certificate will not have to be allocated from the limited quota.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:14 pm

jlewisunh wrote:
it doesnt matter when psw was issued for tier-2 switching purposes. If YOU want to switch to Tier 2 from psw ( issued whenever!) , than you must satisfy tier 2 criteria!

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:23 pm

jlewisunh wrote:
Also, it will be a good idea to switch to tier2 ASAP before they stop people on tier2 to settle in this country as intended by this govt. (people on temporary visa must be here for temporary duration)