ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COA to be Abolished on 9th May 2011.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ultimate12570

COA to be Abolished on 9th May 2011.

Post by ultimate12570 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:44 pm

we have applied for COA for marriage this week and, now when i heard the good news that its going to be abolished next week, what will be the effect on our application?? shall we withdraw our application and apply for Visa after 9th May 2011??

sjimoh112

Post by sjimoh112 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:35 am

Its up to you whether or not you want to withdraw you app after 9th of May.

If a remedial order isn't in place after 9th of May, you should just work in to the registry with necessary documents like your passport and prove of address and you should be able to give notice to marry.

Note you can't just apply for visa like that, you'll still need to be married.
[Moderator Edit]

b_queen

Post by b_queen » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:24 pm

so it true tht COa will b abolished...is the date right 9th may?...thank God i didnt apply for it yet...will wait till 9th may then go to registry office to book an day for our marriage :)

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:28 pm

b_queen wrote:so it true tht COa will b abolished...is the date right 9th may?
Yes
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

LeylaJ
Newly Registered

Post by LeylaJ » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:40 pm

I was wondering about this and just about to post a topic about this.

So does it mean that after 9th May as the COA is being abolished, that any migrant can marry in the UK?

I am born british and my partner is from Iraq, he is in a detention centre so we would need a COA to get married at the moment. We are going back to his country voluntarily once his travel documents have been sorted out but want to marry first so that his family will be happy and accept me into the family and we may not have a chance to marry my way if we dont do it before. We heard about the COA being abolished but confused on if it means that anybody can marry now???