ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Croydon - 29 March

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abhishek26
Newly Registered

ILR Success at Croydon - 29 March

Post by abhishek26 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:53 pm

I entered the UK on a work permit on 10 April, 2006, and changed status to Tier 1 and worked for 2 employers.
My spouse came to UK on Dependent WP on March 2008 and then changed her status to her own WP on Jan 2009 . She went to India on Sep 2010 and got her Tier 1 dependent stamped.
I took with me the following documents:

Completed interactive SET(O) application
2 photos
Life in UK pass certificate
60 months payslips
4 P60s
59 months bank statements
Letter from current employer.
Spreadsheet breaking down all absences
Current tenancy agreement and previous tranacy agreements.
Marriage Certificate.
Council Tax Statements for last 2 years with my spouse name mentioned in it.
Gas and Electric Statements with my spouse name mentioned in it.

Of all those she only asked for:
Completed interactive SET(O) application
2 photos of spouse and myself.
Life in UK pass certificates for both of us.
3 payslips
3 months bank statements
Letter from current employer.
Spreadsheet breaking down all absences

She first verified my salary slips and bank statements. She briefly looked at all other documents and taken photocopies for bank statements, salary slips, P60s , life in uk certificates and handed originals back to me. She also took photocopies of few pages on passport. She than looked at some entries in my passport, looked at her computer and done some rough calculation on back of my application. She told me that I am through and waited for 2 hours after which I collected my passport.

I was really afraid as many of the dependent cases were refused by Home Office as my spouse had not completed 2 years on dependent VISA.

Thanks to everyone.

darksun

Post by darksun » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:39 pm

Congrats abhishek26!!!

I have 2 quick questions. How many days absence you had? And what kind of spreadsheet form you used for absences? Could you send me yours?

Cheers