ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Smith deported 416 in six weeks as Justice Minister

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Southern_Sky

Smith deported 416 in six weeks as Justice Minister

Post by Southern_Sky » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:30 pm

http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 07517.html

And if parents of Irish-born children were deported, the State could face the cost of bringing them back under a new European law.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Re: Smith deported 416 in six weeks as Justice Minister

Post by walrusgumble » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:37 pm

Southern_Sky wrote:http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 07517.html

And if parents of Irish-born children were deported, the State could face the cost of bringing them back under a new European law.
how many of these are NOT related to irish children, or eu spouse who are no longer together/not successful under the directive?this rather large figure includes failed leave to remain applications

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:58 pm

I think Smith is the most dearly beloved person in the irish history as a minister. If he can deport 416 in six weeks, what would be ratio in 5 years, if he got the ministerey.

Tandor

Post by Tandor » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:12 pm

zafarzafar80 wrote:I think Smith is the most dearly beloved person in the irish history as a minister. If he can deport 416 in six weeks, what would be ratio in 5 years, if he got the ministerey.
lol, deporting people != beloved.

Despite what some think, there are actually valid reason to deport people. Personally I wish they would deport illegals a lot more, the rest of us immigrants would probably get less hassle then. It seems for the most part that the Irish government hardly deport anyone.

Additionally, he signed 416 orders. I would bet most of those were not carried out.

malikscompany

Post by malikscompany » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:29 pm

Tandor wrote:
zafarzafar80 wrote:I think Smith is the most dearly beloved person in the irish history as a minister. If he can deport 416 in six weeks, what would be ratio in 5 years, if he got the ministerey.
lol, deporting people != beloved.

Despite what some think, there are actually valid reason to deport people. Personally I wish they would deport illegals a lot more, the rest of us immigrants would probably get less hassle then. It seems for the most part that the Irish government hardly deport anyone.

Additionally, he signed 416 orders. I would bet most of those were not carried out.
Thats right, I know someone his deportation order was signed but he is still here and going through apeals and courts.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:57 am

The decisions to deport where made before the Smith became the Minister. The Minister's signature was a mere formality.

So its dearly beloved to deport failed asylum seekers then? What does that make the French and Italians?