ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

re;( hw lng can i send my passprt b4 my visa expires)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sindhe1

Post by sindhe1 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:29 pm

Hiya .
How long can i send my passport to the home office before my visa finishes..some of my friends saying u can send before 28 days. other saying u can send 23 days before ur visa finishes..My visa expires on aug 31, n new student rule come into effect by 31 july...i wanna b under old rules..pls help me out...n also if a foreign student been here more than 8 years,if he/she applies for university,can he/she get home student course fees? pls help...really appreciate that....

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:12 pm

The earliest you can apply for a tier 4 visa is 3 months before the course starts. If you are starting a new course then in must not start more than a month after your current leave expires. If it starts more than a month after your leave expires you will need to return home and apply for entry clearance.

No you will not be eligible to pay home fees at university on the basis of being here as a student for 8 years.

sindhe1

Post by sindhe1 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:41 pm

HI!
Thanks...My COURSE HAS already started and i got extension in august to do. My visa ends on 31st of august 2011. Can i send my passport b4 31 st of july,before the new student rules come into effect? hw many days before i can send it...so far i know u can send it in the last day,or 5 days before...I got my visa before 31st march 2009..when i change my college to a new one,i was still under the ancient rule,not under tier 4. Only in august i am going to be under tier 4 and another new rules which comes up in april 2011,july 2011 as well..Does it make sense? Thanks anyway..reply if u can. would really appreciate that....

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:47 pm

If you are extending your visa to complete a course that has already started you can apply at any point when you meet the requirements of the rules. You do not have to wait until just before your current leave expires.

sindhe1

Post by sindhe1 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:19 am

OK..What ' requirement of the rule r u talking about'? I didnt get you. So i can apply for my extension anytime,right...? But lets say i send it before july,where the new rule will be in force...and my visa finishes in august...would i come under the new rule or stay under the old one? I am in a dilemma...Do they take into consideration the day you send ur passport or the date ur visa ends? Thanks

sindhe1

Post by sindhe1 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:22 am

7 TIMES i HAD EXTENSION. i always sent my passport in the last day and only 1 time sent it 23 days before,as i badly want to get my passport/visa to travel...23 days cos u can send it 23 days before it expires,but another friend has it u can send it 28 days before,not more than that... But since u r saying i have already started my course and can send it anytime...i wonder if it wud b right....thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:51 am

I have already answered your question. Try reading the tier 4 guidance.

sindhe1

re;hi

Post by sindhe1 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:41 am

thx mate...wd try to find...this is wa i hv bn doing for the past 7 days...prevention is better thn cure....

sindhe1

re;hi

Post by sindhe1 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:29 pm

I just checked and it says 3 months in advance before your course starts and in my case my course has already started...ACCA..In august,am gonna be doing level 2...is it stil fine if the course has already begun,and not a new course tht should begin and you apply 3 months befre? Its too early to find a solicitor and i got all my papers...and bank statement..cheers