ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query regarding working hours changes for Tier 4 students

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Re: re;hi

Post by Aryan2013 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:32 pm

sindhe1 wrote:yes i know all that,apart from changes,apply for uni or public shool...no choice..do u have a link for pblic school? so what u thinking to do? its nt fair for me,i got extension in august..wish its july 15...damn..help needed..but cnt give up...i never give up n i know what u saying is true n wat am reading as well but there wud b sm changes...trust me...
You really don't need any link apart from the link provided.

I trust you on this and will wait for the changes.

I'm ready to stand with you guy's as I think its unfair but TBH, I'm not affected by these changes, thank god for that :)

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:19 am

sindhe1 wrote:Remember certain private colleges like kaplan n lsbf do degree courses,like acca...All colleges(private) rely on foreign students...If those colleges have to get hts n their students cant work,hw wud they survive? they wud hv to do smthing..Thnk abt the uk employers, the college n students...all of them can protest....
I think the UKBA doesn't care about those colleges... if they don't get students then they will be out of business and thats what UKBA wants because none of those colleges provide UK standard education. Those colleges create three way problems (1) bad impression of UK degrees all over the World (2) most (not all) of their students are somehow in breach of immigration rules (3) most of those colleges are cheating with the real students those come to the UK with dream of a valuable degree.

Sorry guys.. please don't take it personally, this is what those colleges are giving to this country.

stevenage

Post by stevenage » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:31 am

sindhe1 wrote:U sure? Cos my visa finishes at 31 august..n hw can i apply in may...its weird..all i know u need to apply 23 days before..where did u read that? n if i do apply,wudnt the caseworker say i fall under the new rules? reply pls..thx

I am sure, You can apply as early as 3 months, where you read 23 days thing ? take some expert advise, accumulate your bank statement, and apply in may or June.

Best of luck with your studies.

sindhe1

re;hi

Post by sindhe1 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:31 pm

I just checked and it says 3 months in advance before your course starts and in my case my course has already started...ACCA..In august,am gonna be doing level 2...is it stil fine if the course has already begun,and not a new course tht should begin and you apply 3 months befre? Its too early to find a solicitor and i got all my papers...and bank statement..cheers

Shan77

Re:hi

Post by Shan77 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:41 pm

@Sindhie

You are eligible to apply within/upto 3 months before your current visa is due to expire.

Pls check the following links:
http://www.as.bham.ac.uk/studentlife/in ... tml#within
http://www.advice.salford.ac.uk/page/studentvisafaq

Shan77

Re: hi

Post by Shan77 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:49 pm

Students applying from inside the UK

87. We suggest that if a student’s course has ended and he/she is applying from inside the UK to extend his/her stay, he/she should apply in the last three months of his/her permission to stay if possible. This is because as soon as we give permission to stay (if the application is approved), the student’s new Tier 4 sponsor becomes responsible for them.

Please see the new Tier 4 policy guidance paragraph 87 on page 14.

This also implies for the students who are seeking extension to continue their course of study.

Shan77

Post by Shan77 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:39 pm

sindhe1 wrote:Thanks mate.....it really helps...thanks for taking time off to write those valuable msgs...wish i cud help u as well..There is no way im gonna give up,unless if i dont fight for it...cheers.
Dont worry, you will be fine.

I know students are anxious and terrified. I do understand how you feel.
Last edited by Shan77 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:50 pm

Please refrain from chattering / off-topic discussion(s).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!