ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 extension query..plz help bank payment denied!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

qmenon

Tier1 extension query..plz help bank payment denied!

Post by qmenon » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:16 am

Hi,

I made my Tier 1 Extension Application+my dependent 2 weeks ago, and I did received the acknowledgement letter last week. However I have just found out from my bank that the fee charges was denied by them due to some issue. Is there a way I can contact them and ask them to charge the fees againfrom by account details provided in the application form. Has anyone else had this issue before..do you know what they might do now? Appreciate any help or info please.

Thanks,
Jd.

mihir20
Newly Registered

Bank Refusal

Post by mihir20 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:07 pm

Even i faced the same problem when i applied. I contacted my bank and asked them why the payment was rejected and they refused to provide this information. But i insisted and then was told that UKBA did not attempt to take the fees. So better check with ur bank and take everything in writing. UKBA will tell you to make a new application.
Good Luck!!

MP

qmenon

Got the visa

Post by qmenon » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:20 pm

Hi everyone,

I thought I should let you all know the outcome of my application. After a loong wait, I received my approval letter and docs today, still waiting for the brn, hoepfully soon!
Just to let you know guys incase if you come across this problem in future:
Mine was online card payment, and for some reason the payment was denied by my bank. I called up the home office and they asked me to wait for their feedback. After a week's time HO called me and asked for the update, I requested them to take the payment again using the same card details. They asked me to post the payment sheet from the form again to them and after which the payment was taken successfully.
So in future if your payments gets denied, the solution is that ukba payment/accounts team will contact you and inform the same. So please be patient and wait.
Plzz let me know if you have any questions.

Good luck evryone!

RonJOHN
Newly Registered

Post by RonJOHN » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:49 am

I am going through the same problem. My problem was my credit card Limit has been reduced from 3500 to 1250 , and bank did not inform me before I apply my application . When I called bank I have been told they can reduce limit any time without giving me a notice and home office a had payment request and they did not approve because my low limit .I made a postal application on Thursday 23 rd of Jun and Home office try to charge to my card on Mon 27th . it was very quick :(

I have enough point for my extension eg: 100+20 but still worried :( :( about my application

qmenon

hi

Post by qmenon » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:33 pm

Hi RonJOHN,

I can understand your position, but dont worry as they will contact you. Just make sure you are always reachable on the phone number you gave in the form. In my case I had made my application on 16th march and they contacted me on 7th april, so I would say you will have to wait.
Hopefully when they call u again, they will ask u to re-fill the payment sheet from the application form and send it to them so that they can try taking the payment again. The only problem is that ur application will take time...coz i applied on 15th march and got the final approval on 27th june...it was a long wait.
When they call explain to them that there was some issue with the bank and it has been sorted. The worst scenario is they will return all ur docs and u can make a fresh application..so I personally think if u have the points and the relvant docs then it should not be an issue.
Good luck anyways..leme know if u need any help!

cheers

RonJOHN
Newly Registered

Update

Post by RonJOHN » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:58 am

Contacted Home office today and I have been told to send a letter along with payment details .
Here is the template if anyone would like to use

From,
Mr. XXXXX
Address,

Date: 28th June, 2011.
To,
UK Border Agency
Tier 1
PO Box 496
Durham
DH99 1WQ.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Subject: Payment of Home Office fees – Bank details.

This is to inform you that we have noticed a Home office payment request being rejected by our credit card on (date here). This was done basically for banking security reasons, apologies for the trouble.

We have now actively instructed the bank to make this payment without any problem. Hence, kindly try to charge the card once again for both my fees and my dependant’s fees (Mrs.Name ), if the initial request had been declined.

I am also attaching the re-filled payment details pages of both the first applicant (i.e. page 7 – myself) and my dependant (i.e. page 6 and 7 – Mrs. Name ) from our respective applications so that you can successfully process the payment and hence our applications.

In case there is any problem or questions, please feel free to contact me immediately at (mobile number) or email me at (email address) and I shall make sure that the payment is done immediately.

Thanking you,

Yours truly,

Mr. XXXX (Main applicant) Mrs ZZZZZ (Dependant)

Reference: Reference:
Tier 1- Extension for leave to remain Tier 1- Extension for leave to remain
Date of Birth: 28th Dec, 1975 Date of Birth: 27th May, 1982.
Package Barcode: ZW865825489GB

Attachment: as above.

hash4u
Newly Registered

Payment refusal

Post by hash4u » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:59 am

hi,
I had the same problem with card details. but I do not get points if i make a fresh application. do the back date the application while taking my payments now?

thanks,
hash

RonJOHN
Newly Registered

Hi Hash4u

Post by RonJOHN » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:12 pm

Hi Hash4U

Did you get any letter from home office regarding your application ?
Are you on Tier 1 ? If you had enough point in your application then you would be fine.

I have not received any letter from home office , But through bank I got to know that my payment has been declined , So I called home office regarding my application and I have been told to send the payment details .

VinuNar
Newly Registered

Hi RonJOHN - Need your help..

Post by VinuNar » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:09 am

Hi RonJOHN,

Need your help.
I have the same probelm as yours so just wanted to check if homeofice was able to tie the letter you sent to your application?
Did the payment go through?

Any other points to consider and what is the number you contacted home office on.

siddkhan
Newly Registered

Post by siddkhan » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:39 pm

HI everyone!

mY tier 1 visa is to expire on 30 july and i am sending my application day after . so if the bank refuses the payment for whatever godforsaken reason
do the home office ask me to make a fresh application again ?
and do I have to pay the fee again?

and more importantly
my visa wud be expired on 30th july so lets say the try to take a payment on 2nd august and it fails . and then if they ask me to make a fresh application it cant work as my visa would be expired? any thoughts?

Is it a frequent problem ? and whats the solution or best way to remedy this and to make sure you dont have to go through the stress incase this happens? any thoughts about postal order? how much does it cost for a grand?
Hope to get prompt reply from all you guys
Kind Regrds

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:27 pm

Call your bank beforehand and tell them that a transaction is going to be made and giving the amount. Ask them to confirm it will be authorised without any issues. It isn't a guarantee there won't be issues but minimises the possibility. (And of course take note of the date, time, and name of the person you speak with.)

makepop1

by cheque or postal order

Post by makepop1 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:39 pm

I have come across 10s and 100s of applicants facing this problem , and i personally suggest peple to pay by cheque or postal order which will be cleared 100 percent but just take 2- 3 days extra time. So no tension. This is my suggestion and not forcing people to follow this.

letmec2006

payment

Post by letmec2006 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:04 pm

I phoned a day before posting to my bank and they asked for details of how much, how many transactions and I also said it would be next week. They did not guaranty but said if they had any problems they would immediately phone me.
Fortunately no problems at all everything was fine.
It is quiet a stressful one, we can do only so much.

uk220612
Newly Registered

payment rejcted by Credit card

Post by uk220612 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:22 am

Guys,

I have the same problem, my credit card bank declined the transaction as it's unusal accoording to them, now I called home office & they are not ready to take payment again & have said that returning of dcouments/passport may take 4 weeks, my visa expires on 12th July....not sure what to do next....any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

private1
Newly Registered

Re: payment rejcted by Credit card

Post by private1 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:02 pm

uk220612 wrote:Guys,

I have the same problem, my credit card bank declined the transaction as it's unusal accoording to them, now I called home office & they are not ready to take payment again & have said that returning of dcouments/passport may take 4 weeks, my visa expires on 12th July....not sure what to do next....any advice would be appreciated.

Regards
dont worry about it. they will send you the application form and all other documents back with a ukba letter.

What u need to do is print only the fee page of the application form and then use the same application form which will be stamped and will also have a barcode on it & re send all the documents again they will accept it.